fbpx

The Fate of the PYO…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone The Fate of the PYO…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

I was wondering if was normal for me to feel a little twinge of remorse when I sell some of my PYOs. I love painting them alot, but unfortunetly, I usually can’t afford to buy them unless I sell some of them. I was just curious what people did with their finished PYOs ๐Ÿ™‚ .

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

Mmloda
        Participant

I voted for sell some and keep some…I do have a really hard time letting some of them go tho but unfortunatly I just don`t have the space to keep them all and my wish list is way too long as it is already… ๐Ÿ˜ณ
          I do also try to give alot of them as gifts…to get some of my family and friends hooked… ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

PLEASE CLICK US AND HELP US GROW….

Marzena

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Most of mine have been given as gifts, but then I’ve sold a few and kept a few for myself as well.

Megan
            Participant

I’ve not done many yet, but so far I’ve only managed to part with three that I’ve painted. Two went as gifts, and one as a swap piece. So I think I can safely say I like to keep mine.

Maria
              Participant

I voted “sell all of mine”, though some end up as gifts. I don’t keep any, though. I don’t have the room.

dragonmedley
                Participant

I’ve sold some, gave some away, swapped some and kept some. I need an “all of the above” option ๐Ÿ˜€

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

frozendragon
                  Participant

I’ve kept one or two.. and sold some, given some away, traded some all kinds of stuff.. LOL

I know I definitely couldn’t keep all the ones I’ve done.. then I’d have like 400 or so Windstones lining the walls and floors and everything.. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Purplecat
                    Participant

I sell all mine…with the exception of a couple. I’ve only kept one or two of my own pyos, I tend to enjoy other people’s work more than my own. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lokie
                      Participant

I’ve sold a few and kept a few, but primarily I’ve given them as gifts. But I hear you about not being able to purchase more unless you sell them; money is tight so I’m running into that problem now.

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

Lokie wrote:

I hear you about not being able to purchase more unless you sell them; money is tight so I’m running into that problem now.

Yeah, as I said eariier, that my deilema. But it’s okay. I haven’t painted a lot yet but I have SO may ideas that I want to try out that it would be ridiculous to keep all of them, even if I could afford to. And I find some of the ones i have painted I can let go after awhile. A few I painted from the start knowing they would end up on ebay. That makes it easier to let them go to. I guess if I had more Windstones in my collection to start with it wouldn’t be such a big deal. But my collection is rather small right now – well small for me at least ๐Ÿ˜† .

Kujacker
                          Participant

Unless I buy the pyo because I have an idea for myself only, they all get sold. I have no job, so I need whatever I can get!

Lokie
                            Participant

Purpleturtle, if it makes you feel any better, selling them means that someone out there gets the opportunity to own, and hopefully, admire your work. It must be a nice feeling knowing that someone appreciates what you painted and that your piece is in his or her home ๐Ÿ™‚

purpleturtle wrote:

I guess if I had more Windstones in my collection to start with it wouldn’t be such a big deal. But my collection is rather small right now – well small for me at least ๐Ÿ˜† .

When you mentioned in your first post not wanting to let your PYOs go, I felt the same way but for a different reason than what you posted above. My collection is rather small as well (in comparison to a lot of other members on the forum), and I do have a want list, but overall, Iโ€™m not really a big fan of the majority of colors produced by Windstone, so I end up preferring the PYOs. So then I get sad letting them go ๐Ÿ™

PurpleTurtle
                              Participant

It is very nice to know that someone is willing to purchase one of my PYOs. Actually, the majority of my PYOs that I’ve sold on ebay have been bought by the same person ๐Ÿ˜€ . I have to admit I get a little flattered when someone is willing to purchase one of my PYOs. I can be pretty sure if someone is willing to buy them they are going to people who appreciate them. That make me feel all warm and fuzzy ๐Ÿ™‚ .

I’ve only sold one…I’ve painted 23, and all but 8 have been swapped…4 as gifts and I have kept 4…I haven’t really had a chance to put any up for sale but a couple, and it was half hearted, I didn’t care if they sold or I kept them, so it went either way. ๐Ÿ˜€
                                You need an “all of the above” choice. lol 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.