fbpx

The Arts and Crafts Delema

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion The Arts and Crafts Delema

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ForestDragon
    Participant

ForestDragon
      Participant

I just needed to post this as a bit of a vent…

Why do there have to be so many cool art forms out there?! I finally had the opportunity to try needle felting and….I absolutely LOVE it!! It is so easy and so much fun! I have been lent a kit with lots of small amounts of colors and all the tools I need. I am in trouble πŸ˜€
        I guess I should put away my bead kit before starting on this. I haven’t touched the stained glass in a few weeks. What am I supposed to do? :shrug: πŸ˜€

Rachel
        Participant

Heheh. I totally understand. Fortunately for me, I’m not incredibly talented and I don’t have the time to become so. πŸ˜‰

Get a job like mine and take the smaller stuff to work with you, LOL.

LOL, I am sorta going through the same thing! Since I’ve been working from home now, I’ve had a little more time to pursue other art. It started with watercolor, then acrylic, then pyos, then colored pencil, and now sculpey! if only i can finish a project 😈

bayoudragon
          Participant

ah yes, so much art, so little time. πŸ˜†

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

I can totally relate. There is so much I like to do and try out, but never seem to find the time. I’m lucky that my job makes it easy to bring art projects. I say over the past 5 years, 95 percent of my artwork was done at work. I have a graveyard shift, in case anyone was wondering. I also tend to go through phases. I had a beading phase, then a sewing phase, painting, and so on. Problem is I have a really short attention span – I tend to start a project, then start something else. I rarely complete anything πŸ™„ .

Lokie
              Participant

I can totally relate! I want to try everything, which means I never stay with something long enough to get really good at it. Jack of all trades, master of none fits me to a T. Not just with arts and crafts, but, well, everything: jobs, educational interests, hobbies, languages, etc. Right now I’ve been sewing a lot (started when I needed to make hammocks for the rats). Not sure how long that will last.

ForestDragon
                Participant

I am glad I am not alone! πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

I just got some new diamond tipped drill bits that I’m DYING to try out for river stone pendants. Only trouble is we’re still under about 3 feet of snow and the lake where you can find the good rocks is frozen solid *I hate being impatient! spring, spring! I want it NOW* πŸ™‚

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

tdm

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Oh I hear this! I want to try nearly all the artforms for visual art and it’s crazy. There is usually an investment to get into each– some of the time it’s a considerable investment! Then finding the time and.. ahhh!!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.