fbpx

That big bad momma

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody That big bad momma

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    KoishiiKitty
    Participant

Hay Mel, is that was-to-be garden dragon available, and if so, could we by chance get a photo of it with the old worrior?
      Every one seems to be so super excited about this girl. But I am really curriose to get a visual of how big is she? Like for instance, could this Momma bruise on the old worrior? (some one mentioned she was as big as the old worrior)

Pam

She is as big as the OW, maybe a little bigger. She is definitely heavier (more body, less wing than the OW)

Wampus Dragon
        Participant

Empress dragon!

littleironhorse
          Participant

Empress dragon!

Well, the OW was originally planned as the Empress, but while he turned out too masculine, this one does have a definitely feminine look.

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Yersh! She is most def a she – very feminine for her size. That doesn’t worry me much because lots of times in natural settings the female is the larger of the species (also more agressive)

twindragonsmum

tdm

Melody
              Keymaster

I just put some pictures of the garden dragon and the lap and Worrier in the Blog.

Mike
                Participant

As I said in my vote on your blog and repeated by Wampus, Empress. If she is as big as an old warrior and is most certainly fem looking why not go with that original intend. This seems to fit the build perfectly.

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

WOW, yeah, those photos definately help with the perspective!
                    While I would still love this as a pyo, the big size would be no prob to tackle(I can feel my mouth watering in excitement at the look of that white blank and envisioning all sorts of options for painting)..the realism here is that the pyo buyers are not a huge force (yet) so I do not think that she would really sell as much as she may a production piece. (as all my fellow painters throw foods at me)

She is excitingly wonderful looking, and next to the lap, it almost looks like a mother and daughter. I think weather she becomes the empress with a fine finish, turns production with the textured appeal, or by some chance makes it to being a freaking large mother of all pyo’s, she is absolutely worth putting into some sort of production.

Thanks for sharing the comparison photos. Those were wonderful to look at.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

She’s a giant hunk of gypsum. I know some of you don’t care about the size and weight but I am really dubious that she’d be as enjoyable to paint as the other PYOs for the general population that does PYOs…
                      (there’s a reason I keep putting off finishing the OW I am working on…)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Nicole
                      Participant

I dont think she would be enjoyable to paint. I think it would be extremely difficult to get a natural look using a brush on her and i probably wouldn’t buy one unless someone had an airbrush system of their own that I could pay to paint her

Nicole
                        Participant

Also is the pegasus in the back close to finished yet? 🙂 And what color is that Ow in the pictures?

Lokie
                          Participant

I know a lot of people are drooling over the garden dragon, but I’m more interested in the sitting up fluffy kitty we get glimpses of in the background! I’d love to see photos of it! Did I miss something? Has Melody talked about this new kitty?

KoishiiKitty
                            Participant

” I know some of you don’t care about the size and weight but I am really dubious that she’d be as enjoyable to paint as the other PYOs for the general population that does PYOs…”

Ah, this is actualy what I meant. Me and my dislexia, I siad buyers instead of painters.

But this put it together nicely, the point I was intending.

WolfenMachine
                              Participant

I really love the color on the old warrior :love: but Im sure you could guess that. It looks like the copper mauve color that was done years ago but I havent seen one in person I could be wrong. The fluffy cat rump in the background looks like Potter’s Cat. There is only one in existance out there, and he sold on ebay for around $200-I am still kicking myself for not bidding.

Kiya
                                Participant

The garden dragon is quite lovely. However, my personal favorite is Melody’s NEW rock dragon… It’s really cute! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.