fbpx

tfsculptures PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone tfsculptures PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

well, i finally got a couple of my pieces photographed and loaded to a hoster so i will give posting them a shot!! the dragon i am looking to ebay if you folks like him enough. he is in all metallic paints like the regular windstones with plenty of gold accents.he’s my baby! i have a silver one i am working on finishing up, as i loved the silver OW, but he’s proving harder to do than my colorful one! little bugger! my kirin is on there too hopefully, i liked the original color so much i didn’t want to do anything TOO different to start off with anyway. i’d love your imput and hope you like em!
      [img][/img][img][/img][/url]his wings aren’t as as pink in person, but everything else is accurate.

Tiffany
      Participant

Patricia
        Participant

Wow, those both look great!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Tiffany
          Participant

heres one more of the dragon, from the front…
            [img][/img]

WolfenMachine
            Participant

They look amazing! Did you use an airbrush on the dragon? I might run those by Mel first though before going to ebay because they look an aweful lot like Windstone color schemes. But wow….do share some of your talent 8)

Tiffany
              Participant

i did all the painting by hand with brushes, i’d make an awful mess with an airbrush, though i do have one if i wanted to learn how to use it!! i did the kirin to look mostly like the originals, cuz i knew i would never get one of the originals, with them only going up in price. i wanted to have a little bit of the kirin experience! it was actually an accident that the dragon came out the way he did, i was trying to do him in princess-like gem tones, then it came out looking like a cross between peacock and the new emerald peacock. d’oh! the piece incorporates easily if you have peacocks in your collection already- like me- it compliments em nicely. but that is an interesting concept i was concerned about and that i did think of in regards to “color copyright infringement”. i am very curious about that. oh well, i’m just as happy to keep him if there are any problems!! i remember someone else painted a dragon that looked JUST like the brown paint color, complete with the contrasting scale accent colors, but i’m not sure if they ebayed that one or not.. i don’t think they did. the others i have yet to photograph are very much my own color concepts, real polar/aurora borealis or natural feels, etc. so no copying windstone issues with the rest at least. hey, i’m just thrilled i figured out how to load a pic to a page and have it work! woo hoo!

Maria
                Participant

Great colors, tf! They’re both really pretty.

Arlla
                  Participant

Gorgeous! I really love the boldness of the kirin and the green nose of the dragon…you do very clean, beautiful work!!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                    -J R R Tolkien

Skigod377
                    Participant

Beautiful! What a wonderful job on both!!!

Lokie
                      Participant

They look very nice.

tfsculptures, forgive my bad memory but are you the forum member who has a friend who is a professional photographer? The photos of your PYO are nice, especially the Kirin, and although I know I don’t have the equipment or experience, I’ve been trying to get some tips on how to take better, more accurate photos of my work. Just didn’t know if you did them (so I could bombard you with questions ๐Ÿ™‚ ) or someone else.

Yes TF that dragon is a beauty!! I painted a griffin to match my black male. I have absolutely NO intention of selling him on ebay, so I wouldn’t think it would be a problem. I may be wrong, but I have no intentions of selling period. I was just happy to pick up a brush again. I have gotten away from painting since I use colored pencil and chalk pastels for most of my work. And I love the griffins and can’t wait for the release of the entire family so that I may add to the ones I already have! I actually have about 11 different paint schemes I want to paint for myself, I always thought how great it would be to be able to paint your very own Windstone! ๐Ÿ˜€

I like how you painted the Ki-rin. I was going to do one that way, but then I learned it was kind of frowned upon. I love the colors on the dragon. Good job. ๐Ÿ™‚

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

HOLY COW! *cow – for a lack of not using an inappropriate word* Those are absoultely BEAUTIFUL! I especially love the dragon, but the Ki-Rin is unbelievable as well! They look like something Nam could have done. I’m impressed! Lovely work tf!

The dragon is really close to a Windstone scheme, but I don’t think the Ki-Rin is. The production ones have brown antique in the scales and a generally alot more lighter, almost reddish in fur color. *drool* I want some of yout talent please =)

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Tiffany
                          Participant

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! oh thanks dragonfeathers! i want to do more, to have em available for peeps, if interested, but its tough to buy new ones to paint when juicy stuff is coming up on ebay, lol. however if i painted some n sold em then i’d have money for more windstones; thats the goal but i’m backwards right now! spending $$ i don’t have on retireds etc. so i have little money to buy pyos in hopes of selling some! d’oh! lol.
                            i am going thursday to get more metallic paints, to come up some more cool/original color patterns … i found some that have 2 or more tones in them, like light purple n gold, red and gold, not to mention a single tone green exactly like on the emerald green dragons-i have those already, but i want more. they had an awesome metallic sea green but it was expensive, like 24 bucks for some reason.. i do look to put alot more out there though, i am just a real nit-picking slow poke, so i have a bunch half done all over my desk, ugh!
                            btw, you are SOOOOOOO close to where i live with u being in taunton and me in bristol, i’m ~35- 40 minutes from you! lol! i think thats pretty darn close for random peeps on the same forum. my boyfriend/fiance works at comcast in new bedford, just a smidge away from you! anyway, for whatever thats worth! let me tell ya, there are no windstones in shops in THIS neck of the woods! sounds like they are down your way in m.a. ….rhode island has squat!

SPark
                            Participant

What kind of paints are the two tone ones? I have some nailpolish like that which I love, and I’d definitely want to put some on a dragon, but I don’t think painting a dragon with nail polish is a good idea. Not the whole thing, anyhow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.