fbpx

Taking the plunge

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Taking the plunge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello all. I’m a newbie to the forums here. I’ve been lurking for a while, trying to gleam some information before I finally decided to take the plunge and join your awesome community. I have been working on collecting the peacock coloured dragons for years. In the past I never had a lot of money to spend on them so I only bought them if I happened to come across one and I had money burning a hole in my pocket, which wasn’t often.

After a while I started to have a hard time in even seeing them any more in stores and was shocked to find out that I had missed the boat as they had been retired. After the initial panic subsided I went into overdrive and have embarked on a quest to attain the ones I am missing from my collection.

I realize that a lot of people are also looking for the same peacock dragons as me so my quest won’t be easy. If there are people in this forum that happen to have mint condition peacock coloured dragons for sale I will endeavour to purchase them as I am able. Unfortunately (for me) my needed list is long.

501, 502, 504, 508, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515 and lastly 520. I think I’ll dream on the SK for a while longer.

Mmloda
    Participant

Welcome πŸ˜€
      I hope you find all of the dragons you are looking for, I know that I started with the peacock colored dragons as well a few years back and now I have almost all the different colors in one sculpt or another.. πŸ˜‰
      The Peacock drag :wink the peacock colored dragons seem to be on ebay alot so you might have better luck finding all the different pieces on there… πŸ˜‰
      I have a Peacock hatching Emperor for sale but unfortunatly he’s not mint.. πŸ™

Marzena

Welcome to Windstone addiction, uh, passion community! I think many of us started out with the peacock colored sculpts and then became passionate about a lot of the other ones, much to our surprise and the chagrin of our pocketbooks! This is also a good place to get Windstones when forum people want to sell or trade or direct each other to good sources of Windstones that are retired. Check the Windstone dealers that are listed with us too. Good luck!

lamortefille
      Participant

Have fun building your collection! Most peacocks show up frequently, so you shouldn’t have a problem with most of them. When you finally get a long sought after piece, it’s quite a rush. πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome. I am in the process of buying a couple peices I found today. I had a disheartening loss on ebay today as well, but I’m sure most of you can relate to that at one time or another. I to will probably branch out into other windstone colours and products but only after I have the complete peacock dragon collection. I figure that I have worked so long to slowly collect them all that I owe it to myself to go out and finish finding them.

As to why the peacock colour. When I saw my first windstone dragons I knew I had to collect them. The hard part was deciding whether to collect more than one colour or to limit myself to one. Also I had to decide on collecting a set of one colour or to collect specific dragon types. After lots of pondering I ended up on the path I’m on now, which is to collect only the peacock dragons. At least untill I find them all. πŸ™‚

Jodi
        Participant

Welcome to the forum! You may want to list the names of the sculpts instead of the numbers. Most people may not know what those are.

emerald212 wrote:

Welcome to the forum! You may want to list the names of the sculpts instead of the numbers. Most people may not know what those are.

Thankyou for the tip and the welcome. I’m happy to be able to update a little as well.

502-P hatching dragon
          504-P young dragon
          508-P hatching emperor
          511-p mother coiled
          512-p lap dragon
          513-p old warrior
          515-p spectral dragon
          520-p emperor dragon

Welcome to the forums! πŸ˜€
          I too started with the peacock colored dragons (501-Mother), now I collect my favorite 7 sculpts in every color (Whatever sculpt I like the particular color on). Atleast I try to limit myself to 7… πŸ™„ πŸ˜† I am missing only the Fledgie in Peacock, I am sure I could find it, if I took the time to go looking for one. πŸ˜‰

Good luck on your quest! πŸ˜€

Nightcrow
          Participant

vanquish wrote:

I started to have a hard time in even seeing them any more in stores and was shocked to find out that I had missed the boat as they had been retired.

I know exactly how that feels! I had most of the White dragons I needed when they were retired, but only one Oriental in Peacock, and by the time I got around to looking for the rest they had been retired for a year or so!

At least the Peacock ran for a longer time, and was retired more recently than other colors — there should be a lot more of them out there, and the prices ought to be more affordable than, say, Emerald or White.

If I run across any, I’ll let you know! Me, now, I’m still looking for White spectrals and a White hatching emperor…

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Jasmine
            Participant

Welcome to the forum!! I did the same thing you did. I collected the main set of Peacocks (male, female, hatcher, and young) then after years, realized that there were other sculpts out there and freaked when I found out they retired the colour. But I’ve been lucky, I’ve been able to find everything except the Hatching Kinglet…well and the Secret Keeper but at least I know they have the SK in stock. The kinglet is like my Grail quest… πŸ™‚

Jasmine wrote:

Welcome to the forum!! I did the same thing you did. I collected the main set of Peacocks (male, female, hatcher, and young) then after years, realized that there were other sculpts out there and freaked when I found out they retired the colour. But I’ve been lucky, I’ve been able to find everything except the Hatching Kingletwell and the Secret Keeper but at least I know they have the SK in stock. The kinglet is like my Grail quest… πŸ™‚

Thanks nightcrow, I’ll keep my eyes open for your whites. Jasmine, funny how it goes the hatching kinglet was my first purchase all those years ago. The thing I’ve been wondering about the secret keeper is how I’m even going to display it when I eventually do get one.

darjeb
              Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Welcome to the forum!! I did the same thing you did. I collected the main set of Peacocks (male, female, hatcher, and young) then after years, realized that there were other sculpts out there and freaked when I found out they retired the colour. But I’ve been lucky, I’ve been able to find everything except the Hatching Kinglet…well and the Secret Keeper but at least I know they have the SK in stock. The kinglet is like my Grail quest… πŸ™‚

Ahhhhhhh yes the illusive peacock hatchng kinglet

I started with the brown mother and father then the young and hatching. When I joined the Forum I had about 35 Windstones I now have 116 Winstones. They really are addictive and belonging to the Forum really feeds it when you see all the curlies and other new ones offered in the store.

Ahhhhhhh yes the illusive peacock hatchng kinglet

I started with the brown mother and father then the young and hatching. When I joined the Forum I had about 35 Windstones I now have 116 Winstones. They really are addictive and belonging to the Forum really feeds it when you see all the curlies and other new ones offered in the store.

Wow,is all I can think to say. I’m so envious.
                I suspect that there will come a day when I have that many because they sure are addictive to collect. Not to mention they are so nice to behold.

Maria
                Participant

Welcome, vanquish, and best of luck with finding all te pieces you’re looking for. The good thing about collecting peacocks is that peacock is the most common color. So prices are lower on all sculpts and they’re for sale more ofte than other colors.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.