fbpx

Tags-to keep or to remove?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Tags-to keep or to remove?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Azurielle
    Participant

I loathe the tags. I “free” most of my pieces when they come home, and toss the tags. Up until recently, I didn’t keep any boxes either. Never really intended on selling any pieces, although it happens.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Kujacker
      Participant

I don’t intend to sell any of my pieces either, but I keep the boxes. What if you have to move? I’ve been in this house for something like 20 years, but it’s never out of the realm of possibility that you may have to move sometime.

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

If I get an item with the tag, I do not take it off because I feel it adds value for resale. I think it helps keep the ‘mint’ appeal for the item if I wish to resell it later. especially for Mint collectors that want the item as it was from the store.

But if I am buying an item for myself, and it does not have a tag, I do not find it that important to me personaly. I am not a ‘mint’ collector, so if the item does not have it’s tag, I do not mind.

Skeeterdeee
          Participant

Kujacker, I’m the same way. I never take those clear plastic things off until they naturally fall off and everything I have (other than clothes) still have tags attached. It still feels “new” to me if it still has all its tags. My digital camera still had the sticker on the front that tells all its special features, it was there for three years. When I buy a dvd I leave the white label on the top that says the movie title on it. I actually stopped lending movies to my sister-in-law because the minute you hand her a dvd she peels that sticker off, that irritated me beyond all reason.

As for Windstone tags, I hate them but I never remove them. I also feels that it is no longer mint if the tag is gone. I have a baby unicorn that wobbles terribly, so I folded a small piece of felt to make him a pillow and he’s perfectly secure now.

What does everyone do with their boxes? My collection of boxes has outgrown its designated closet, filled up a corner of my dining room, filled two of my dresser drawers, and now they are piling up in a corner of my bedroom (and I don’t even have a big collection!). How does everyone else condense their boxes?

Syn
            Participant

I leave the tags on (even though they are a pain), save the plastic bags, the box and insert, and of course I save the COA. I even have the foam boxes the first Males and Mothers came in. When it comes to buying, I will pay more if the piece has its box. If it is a choice between an item with its tag and one without, I want the one with the tag still attached and will also pay a bit more to get it.

Mmloda
              Participant

I leave the tags on as well, I like having the tags on all of my pieces!

Marzena

yolanda
                Participant

For me the tag and also the original packaging is part of that piece and a must.If it was a piece that never came with a tag im ok with that. Also i have some of Jennifers pieces which do not come with a tag. Many years ago when i started collecting i cut the tag off and threw away the boxes. Well……anymore these days i have gotten as some would say anal about the tags and boxes…lol. The pieces i did have and cut the tags off either i sold some and the rest i gave to my mother.

Copper83
                  Participant

I don’t like the tags, especially on the small sculpts. I wish they would quit putting them on them. I only leave the tags on my signed pieces or ones that I’m not sure if I’m going to keep. As far as buying, I could care less about the tag. It’s more important to me that the sculpt is mint and has it’s box.

Wampus Dragon
                    Participant

I keep tags on if they already have them, but it’s not a big deal if I buy one without the tag. I dont rip them off intentionally. I just tuck the tag under the piece when it’s being displayed.

Bodine
                      Participant

ROFL!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

I leave them on in case I need to resell them (which I’ve had to do with most of my collection). The small ones I know I won’t sell (ep fledgie, spirit wolf & panther gargoyles) are up on the shelf above my computer, so I don’t see the tags anyway. For the bigger guys I just hide the tag under them… doesn’t bother me too much. I even have a couple pokemon plushies with the tags still on. ;P

When I first started collecting, I took all the tags off because I thought, gee, why would I keep tags on Windstones when I don’t keep them on clothes or other stuff, then I learned from the forum that missing tags can decrease the value so I started leaving them on. I don’t really like the danged things, and now I have a choice whether to leave them on or take them off! Wonderful!! 😀

Pam

I also hate hang tags. Luckily most of my windstones were bought before hang tags existed. Having them on makes it nearly impossible to wash a piece though (I am a big fan of the hold-em-under-the-faucet method). The ones that I do own with hang tags keep theirs because they are still so old that taking the tag off can leave a bump on the pad or even rip it.

Carolyn
                          Participant

Some of mine still have them on . I don’t care either way if one has one or not . They can be troublesome .

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.