fbpx

Tags and Boxes

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Tags and Boxes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

How does it really matter if the figure has a tag or box? How much does it effect a price on a piece? Do the smaller pieces like coiled dragons that just have a cardboard box not a shaped one need their “original” one?
      I know several buyers and sellers that would like to know as tags get lost and boxes thrown away by accident for sake of room. Or damaged behind hope by accidents. So what is the collectors census, and if Melody or any other of the Windstone family have an opinion please add it as well.

Personally I am not sure it does but that is why I am asking.

littleironhorse
      Participant

Opinions vary a lot on this issue and it’s been discussed a lot. I couldn’t care less about tags and I only care about original boxes because they keep the piece safe in transit. All that matters to me is that the item is in mint condition.

Hannah
        Participant

I only care about original boxes because they keep the piece safe in transit.

Exactly what LIH said – The original box thing is most important when it comes to the larger pieces – anything bigger than a mother unicorn I will place a higher value on the original box because I know how often Windstones get broken during shipping because of poor packaging.

As far as the tags, I keep all of the tags on my Windstones if they have them when I buy them, but they don’t mean all that much to me personally. If faced with the option of buying something with a tag in mint condition, or the same piece without a tag in mint condition, I will always go for the one with the tag because I know for some people the tag is fairly important. I may even fork out an extra 5 dollars for one with a tag, but only for the same resale reasons. They don’t matter to me personally.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Syn
          Participant

I absolutely, positively want the boxes, all the boxes, not just for shipping but also for storing and resale value. I do not have room for probably half of what I buy, so they sit in their boxes until I eventually find room, or decide I don’t want to keep them and sell them. I also use them to store early eBay pieces that I bought without boxes.

Since some eBay sellers do not know how to pack Windstones properly, I also use my boxes to ship to the seller when I buy a piece without its box.

If it comes to identical-condition pieces, one with a tag and the other with a box, the one in its box wins hands down. I am even willing to pay more for the one in the box, both because I want the box and I want the piece to arrive safely.

For those thinking of disposing of their boxes, if you live within the U.S., I would be happy to take them off your hands.

kitsunelady
            Participant

Unless the box is form-fitting, I do not care about them. Even if the figure DOES usually come with a form-fitting box, if the seller has proof they have shipped Windstones successfully without one before, that’s good enough for me. However, I have noticed people say that they keep their Windstones in the box, and do not display them – I assume that these are the people that ALL of the boxes are important to.

I am happy to buy pieces without the tag if I want them enough, but I do prefer to have it. I don’t take mine off, simply because I know having or not is a deal-breaker for some people, in case I ever get sick of collecting Windstones and want to sell them all – obviously I’d want to get as much as I could for them.

So while a box and tag is not a must-have for me, for some people it is. Getting rid of them is just a chance you take.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.