fbpx

Synesthesia

Home Forums Miscellany Community Synesthesia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

I found this when I was online at work yesterday, but I didn’t get a chance to post it last night. I know a number of members here have synesthesia in some form, so I thought it would be interesting and helpful to post, especially for those who haven’t really heard of this before. Researchers are still trying to understand what it is and what physically causes it to occur in individuals.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/09/synesthesia.genes/index.html?iref=werecommend

Enjoy! 🙂

siberakh1
      Participant

Setsunawolf
        Participant

Interesting.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Amanda
          Participant

Very interesting, I’d never heard of this before.

I didnt know that existed. I think it might make life more interistingo have that.

Angie
            Participant

That’s an interesting article – thanks for sharing it! I have synaesthesia (both grapheme and sound) and I find it fascinating, especially as an artist.

Maria
              Participant

That’s pretty neat, though I can imagine that at times it’s overwhelming.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I’m a synesthesiate, though it usually only effects the ‘colors’ of things (words, letters, numbers, etc), and to some extent, personalities. (e.g. #9 is a real jerk, and is purpleish-red)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

That is really cool. Although i say that from the perspective of someone who doesn’t have it.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

I find it interesting that, for you Jen, things can have personalities. What is it that makes #9 a jerk?

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

Lokie
                      Participant

Poor number 9, just trying to live up to his big brother, the all-mighty 10 😥 I bet that shadow is big and dark. And a bit lonely…

Rusti
                        Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

That is really cool. Although i say that from the perspective of someone who doesn’t have it.

It’s not that bad, at least not to me. I’m like Jen in that I mostly just see colors with numbers and letters and words. Though I sometimes feel the movements I see in my teeth, which is…hard to explain. It doesn’t slow down my reading or affect me much in any way, it’s just an interesting quirk, for me, personally.

Maria
                          Participant

Lokie wrote:

Poor number 9, just trying to live up to his big brother, the all-mighty 10 😥 I bet that shadow is big and dark. And a bit lonely…

XD That’s an amusing way of explaining it.

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

twindragonsmum wrote:

I find it interesting that, for you Jen, things can have personalities. What is it that makes #9 a jerk?

twindragonsmum 😀

I dunno why 9 is a jerk! She’s just a jerk! Really mean to 8, and especially 7. 8 is mellow and dark indigo, like a happy octopus.

It sounds fun but it’s really distracting sometimes. I can’t do math in my head because the numbers fight and clash… literally. That’s not an asset you want to have.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Tally Mark
                              Participant

Hah, numbers always have colors for me too! It’s a little weird when reading numbers that are printed in color and they aren’t the “right” color for that number. Words sometimes take on color too though I notice it less.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.