fbpx

Surf and Turf Curlie

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Surf and Turf Curlie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

I agree and squeek* for this color! Actually, it’s exactly how I envisioned how my leafy cat sconce colored dragons that I suggested a while back 😳 . Substitute the aqua for green and the gold for copper and there you go – a Leafy Sconce colored dragon πŸ˜‰ . I do have to admit, the aqua and gold colors are very nice πŸ˜€ . I’d love to see limited production surf and turf colored dragons. I could guarantee I would want several dragons in that color, (given the fact if I could afford them )

Yes yes! Make this a production color, Melody! PLEEEEEEASE…. squeek*

I wish I just had like $1k to spend, I’d go on a Windstones Ebay auctions spree….

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I really like this curlie. I am not sure how the other sculptures would ‘wear’ this color though. On the curlie, the coppery color is very broken up by blue because of his designed (circular, with the wing open on top). I think the copper color might be overpowering on some of the other sculpts, e.g. the mother dragon. Maybe not though!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Melody
        Keymaster

lamortefille wrote:

“Terrible” name, that. Makes me want to go out to dinner! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

I know, I hate the name. I was in a hurry and it made me laugh…If anybody comes up with a nicer name, I’d love it! I’d like to do a batch of curlies that are similar in color to this one. I wanted a name that is water and land together.

Melody
          Keymaster

Jennifer wrote:

I really like this curlie. I am not sure how the other sculptures would ‘wear’ this color though. On the curlie, the coppery color is very broken up by blue because of his designed (circular, with the wing open on top). I think the copper color might be overpowering on some of the other sculpts, e.g. the mother dragon. Maybe not though!

You can never tell till you try it! I’ve given up trying to predict how a piece will look.

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Melody wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

I know, I hate the name. I was in a hurry and it made me laugh…If anybody comes up with a nicer name, I’d love it! I’d like to do a batch of curlies that are similar in color to this one. I wanted a name that is water and land together.

How about “lagoon” for a name? The colors remind me of a tropical beach πŸ™‚ .

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

Melody wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Aquaterra?

Rachel
                Participant

Atoll (check ou the pic on the Wiki site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atoll)

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

ghostndragon wrote:

Atoll (check ou the pic on the Wiki site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atoll)

Good one, but Atoll makes me think of one with a bit more color variation, like a coral reef…

“Terra Sea” color? πŸ˜• Perhaps “Ocean Terra”?

kitsunelady
                    Participant

seashore? o.o seacoast? *shrugs* πŸ˜€

Heather
                      Participant

“Seashore” might do. Or . . . lessee here . . . he also reminds me of sandstone cliffs near tidepools, with the water sliding back and forth over the stone; Point Loma tidepools, specifically. Or a cobblestone beach with the water skeining back through brown and gold stones just after a wave. Or the sea caves down by La Jolla. I’m recalling Agate Beach up north too for some reason; probably because the sand there is variegated just like he is. He also reminds me of greeny-blue turquoise in brown and tan matrix, but that’s not the imagery you were looking for.

He’s very cool. I particularly like how you did the wings, with the blue-green deepening towards the trailing edge of the wing, exactly like water over a downward-slanting shelf of submerged rock. The gold edging defines the color shift beautifully, and those little random flecks of copper higher on the wing are like counter-shaded stones or inclusions; maybe end-on fossilized whale bones exposed in the sandstone by erosion. He’s a beach dragon all right, but a more introspective sort of beach dragon than the one I might have imagined (perched on a surfboard with his nose covered in zinc oxide, yelling “DUUUDE!”)

Hey, I grew up in San Diego County, I can tease the culture a little. πŸ˜‰

PhoenixTears
                        Participant

I was going to say “Seashore Curl” too but I was beaten to it. πŸ™‚

Perhaps “Coastal Curl?”

Oh and I too add my squeek* for this to see Production status so we may all nab one!

β€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Adaneth
                          Participant

I also think ‘seashore’ is a nice name, and I really like the color. Hope to see more on a different sculpt! πŸ˜€

Bob

Did anyone post a pic of this curlie???
                              Where can one find it??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.