fbpx

SUGGESTIONS ????

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone SUGGESTIONS ????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mmloda
    Participant

Hey Everyone
      Ok NIEBOZ did not sell on ebay and i am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how i could fix him or make him look better so that he sells.

Marzena

Mmloda
      Participant

Marzena

Maria
        Participant

Check back to your introductory thread. The best thing you can do is blend.

And if blending is not working out for you, the other option you have is to paint each part as a solid colour but just make sure that it is painted with the edges as clean as possible ^_^

Skigod377
          Participant

Speaking as a new painter, the best thing you can do is start with solid colors, as stated above. Try two or three different ones. The mane and tail one color, the body another, and the scales another. Simple solid complemantary colors till you get the hang of it. Once you have the solids on there real good, try antique gel. That should give you a nice looking peice.

I think someone said not to use glitter on it either. You can use interferance paint instead.

Lokie
            Participant

I think as Ski and Sunhawk mention, you might want to simple down things like paint colors, patterns, materials, and techniques for next time. Just till you get use to painting them.
              I actually really like what you were trying to do, but it was also very ambitious for a new painter (nothing wrong with ambition πŸ™‚ ). Don’t stop painting though, they are so fun and you’ll only get better.

Sorry, this doesn’t really help for your current piece. You could always paint another, and then come back to this one?

Because the paint on that one is so thick and the glitter too…It needs to be scrapped clean. I would try to pick off the glitter first…then scrub it gently with hot water to remove the thick paint. Then do as stated and start with solid colors. Paint in thin layers. It should take a couple of layers before the white no longer shows through. Really your best bet as a beginning painter would be to come here at each step and ask for advice…that way you don’t get too far along on the wrong track. We are always glad to help.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Just out of curiousity mmloda, have you read the PYO tutorial on the Windstone website, and FAQ thread? If not, they are a great place to start. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

I saw your new griffin in the gallery too. Theres a little improvement I can already see, but I would suggest (I noticed in the view of the chest) you really need to thin your paint out a tiny bit and get into all those crevices so there isn’t any of the bare white of the sculpture showing through. Also, once you have mosy of your main colors on, a very small, fine brush can work wonders in som detail work. Just a friendly suggestion. Honestly, just take your time. I’ve been painting for over 20 years and these were a challenge for me at first too.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

frozendragon
                  Participant

I saw your new griffin too…and I can see what you’re trying to do….I think my biggest suggestion…it to take a lot more time on painting…

I’ve seen your griffen. Wow, ambitious patterning. I like what you are trying to do. My best suggestion is to start simple then work your way to these paterns. I also suggest that you take more time to lay the paint down evenly. I would thin the paint down more so you get into the groves better. Practise on some cheap plaster first.

Just keep trying. I believe you’ll get better and better with time. I’ve also noticed that your lines are kind of shaky, I have the same problem…my hands shake and it’s very hard to paint straight. Try supporting your wrist with your other hand or arm. Works like a charm. Really it does.

Yeah just went and looked at the gryphon…I agree with everyone else. SLOW down and thin out your paint. Its very “globby” and chalky. And please try one without the glitter…the glitter takes away from the “ALIVE” look of Windstones.
                    I love that you are useing unusual colors, and the greeen/brown looks great togeather as a color combo. I also like the pattern on the legs…and if done in thin layers it would look really neat. Make sure to check out the tutorial and def. get some practice peices to work with. These were never ment to be easy to paint!

Mmloda
                    Participant

Thanks everyone
                      Those are great suggestion, i better slow down tho, I will try to fix up the grphon and i’ll see what i can do with the ki rin.
                      Thanks
                      again. πŸ˜€

Marzena

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

mmloda wrote:

Thanks everyone
                        Those are great suggestion, i better slow down tho, I will try to fix up the grphon and i’ll see what i can do with the ki rin.
                        Thanks
                        again. πŸ˜€

Good luck! πŸ˜€ I know it’s hard to slow down, it’s very exciting to see these with paint on them! I think it takes most of us at least 15 hours to finish a piece though, if that helps you any! πŸ™‚ I know mine take a minimum of 20 hours.. whew!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.