fbpx

Strange Thoughts In The Middle of the Night

Home Forums Miscellany Community Strange Thoughts In The Middle of the Night

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Nicely said, machineguts!

twindragonsmum

tdm

BDW
      Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Nicely said, machineguts!

twindragonsmum
        Couldn’t agree more 🙂

PhoenixTears
        Participant

Our family lives by the “do unto others” motto. However, with regard to the original post, our biggest concern (since we can’t control anyone but our own free will), is the needless suffering of the completely innocent which, for us, are animals. I do believe in a higher power- whatever it or they might be. But my heart still sinks and questions why the furry innocents who don’t rape, plunder, pillage, start wars (basically human sins), get such short ends of sticks. If I think about it much further than this short paragraph, I’ll literally go into a funk and cry so thats all I have to say here.

But, ps, I know when I can’t sleep, my mind does tend to wander and I think profound things which is likely why I prefer to be distracted by reading, chatting lightly with friends, spending time with my loved ones and animals and of course, watching good tv and movies. And if that just didn’t sound like a dating profile, I don’t know what does!

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

machineguts
          Participant

We are all connected, human and animal. Sadly, the suffering of animals is often unique to that of human suffering. Nevertheless, what happens to them happens to us. We may not be able to stop suffering, but we are called to help one another, both human and animal. This is a glimpse of unconditional love, and I believe this is why suffering is allowed, why we are all here. I don’t think the suffering is being ignored, and I don’t think the intention was for us to ignore it either. I think we are being taught how to love. <3

“When the Earth is sick, the animals will begin to disappear, when that happens, The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them.” – Chief Seattle

Maria
            Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

The only question I posed to my mother who is a total believer in the Holy Spirit, is where are the Dinosaurs in your wonderful book? You see one Dino in there? Nope.

Actually, yes. Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible, just not by that term, which was only created in 1842 by Sir Richard Owen. Behemoth and Leviathan were most likely creatures now termed “dinosaurs.”

Adaneth
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

WindstoneCollector wrote:

The only question I posed to my mother who is a total believer in the Holy Spirit, is where are the Dinosaurs in your wonderful book? You see one Dino in there? Nope.

Actually, yes. Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible, just not by that term, which was only created in 1842 by Sir Richard Owen. Behemoth and Leviathan were most likely creatures now termed “dinosaurs.”

Thanks for bringing that up! I love reading about those two in Job, and wish I could see one. 🙂

LadyFirebird
                Participant

machineguts wrote:

“When the Earth is sick, the animals will begin to disappear, when that happens, The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them.” – Chief Seattle

Thanks for this thought, MG. Everyone, thank you for your thoughts–it brings things in perspective. We all feel the pain of the innocent and that what makes me feel most ill–when animals and little children suffer–the ones who are defenseless! The motto of doing unto others is one that I have always tried to practice. If I don’t like this being done to me, why would I do it to someone else? I can get upset when someone has done something to me and I think–whoooa, what’s up with that! I would never do this to someone! Maybe I should distract myself more but then it’s in the back of my mind. It’s like grief, you can ignore it for so long before one day it just comes and lashes out at you.

I think it’s good that we take a moment to think about those who are suffering and try not to add to it and hope that one day no living thing has to suffer! I was thinking the other day on Martin Luther King day about his theme ‘I Have A Dream’. Pretty much this is what he wanted–everyone to get along and no one would have to suffer. I guess that will be our dream for now–like I said, I’m just one small person having their heart broke over all the misery I see in the world and it sometimes seem that evil wins out. I look forward to those Warriors of the Rainbow.

machineguts
                  Participant

This is one of my favorite quotes from Martin Luther King: “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” <3

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.