fbpx

Storytime: Boring PYO colour requests?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Storytime: Boring PYO colour requests?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am a gryphon lover. That is one thing for certain.

But why does my mom, out of all the fantasy creatures, like what’s pretty much the opposite of a gryphon- unicorns?

Still, I love my mother. She’s frugal and doesn’t want to shell out all the money for a Windstone unicorn (although she shells out tons of money on jewelry- BLEH!) but I promised her I would paint a unicorn for her. Even though I’m not that good with paints.

I ask her, “what colour do you want him to be?”

And of course, she says white.

White? White? Don’t you know there’s tons of different horse breeds out there? Dozens of beautiful markings? You just want a standard unicorn and have it be WHITE? I could just paint the hooves, seal it, and say BOOM, here Mom!

But I don’t want to do that. She said maybe to make it pearlecent, which makes it a little more interesting, and I guess antiquing it with a really light gray will be an added challenge, but still, no fun, Mom, no fun. ๐Ÿ™

From the looks of the PYOs I see in the gallery every day, it doesn’t seem like you guys have this problem, but I imagine it must’ve happened to somebody: Somebody wanted say, just a green dragon, no markings. Or a brown gryphon. That’s it. No fun. No challenge.

I’m just asking this question just so I have a reason for this ramble of mine. X)

Skigod377
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† Your mom has a point!! I would love a white one, too!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

What I’ve done with unicorns I’ve painted in the past is paint them white, but antique them with either a pastel green, blue, or purple and then accent wither the mane,tail, or other features with the regular version or a darker pastel f the same color.

Like, if you picked a blue theme

I’d paint it white, antique it a baby blue, and then accent the mane with a cerulean or a powder blue.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonmedley
        Participant

Or you could have a blast with interference paint.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.