fbpx

Store-baiting :) (P.S. – anyone else live in Southern IL?)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Store-baiting :) (P.S. – anyone else live in Southern IL?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

Today I mounted an assault on a local store — I went in and browsed, then asked the cashier if they had Windstones. It turned out she was the store owner (score!), and had never heard of them, so I…

raved about them for a minute, then ran to the car and brought out my Old Warrior and Young Dragon as examples!

I think she fell in love with my Old Warrior. πŸ™‚ She couldn’t say enough flattering things about him, and was dismayed to hear the Emerald color wasn’t available anymore. πŸ™‚ But I did give her Windstone’s web address, email, and phone number (I wrote it out neatly ahead of time and brought it along with my “examples”), and she looked at the website while I was still there.

So, hopefully I’ll have a local Windstone dealer soon! If ANYONE else here on the forum lives in Southern Illinois, and would like to help me by dropping in and seconding the “please carry Windstones” message, let me know and I’ll tell you all the details!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
      Participant

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Jodi
        Participant

nightcrow wrote:

Today I mounted an assault on a local store — I went in and browsed, then asked the cashier if they had Windstones. It turned out she was the store owner (score!), and had never heard of them, so I…

raved about them for a minute, then ran to the car and brought out my Old Warrior and Young Dragon as examples!

I think she fell in love with my Old Warrior. πŸ™‚ She couldn’t say enough flattering things about him, and was dismayed to hear the Emerald color wasn’t available anymore. πŸ™‚ But I did give her Windstone’s web address, email, and phone number (I wrote it out neatly ahead of time and brought it along with my “examples”), and she looked at the website while I was still there.

So, hopefully I’ll have a local Windstone dealer soon! If ANYONE else here on the forum lives in Southern Illinois, and would like to help me by dropping in and seconding the “please carry Windstones” message, let me know and I’ll tell you all the details!

You need to give the store’s contact information to Susie or Karen in order to qualify for a referal gift. Make sure you do that! πŸ™‚

Rusti
          Participant

nightcrow wrote:

Where in Southern Illinois?

oooh well done πŸ™‚ i go tmy BG emp for getting a store to sell windstones, you should defently work torwards getting a prize hee hee

Maria
            Participant

I hope they pick up Windstones. Which piece would you take as a reward, nightcrow?
              (Yeah, I know it’s dangerous to count chickens before they hatch, but it’s fun. πŸ˜› )

Nightcrow
              Participant

Rusti wrote:

I’m in Carbondale! πŸ™‚ You? (It’d be so awesome to find another collector nearby…)

Nightcrow
                Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I hope they pick up Windstones. Which piece would you take as a reward, nightcrow?
                  (Yeah, I know it’s dangerous to count chickens before they hatch, but it’s fun. πŸ˜› )

Oh, goodness! I’ve been thinking about this, and come to the following list, roughly in order (though the first three are pretty much equal):

a tan Griffin! (ha ha)
                  a Wolf-colored griffin, male or female
                  a Black Gold Emperor or Lap dragon
                  a blank Griffin, male or female (esp. if it has one green and one yellow eye!)
                  a PYO griffin, with one green/one yellow eye
                  Hippogriff or Dragon Trio candlelamp

…Should I, y’know, email them again or something? Do they just automatically email you back when the person you persuaded joins?

Rusti
                  Participant

nightcrow wrote:

Rusti wrote:

I’m in Carbondale! πŸ™‚ You? (It’d be so awesome to find another collector nearby…)

Good lord, I live in Marion and attend SIU. What store are you hitting up, anyway? I’ve never been able to find a suitable one in Marion.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

nightcrow wrote:

a tan Griffin! (ha ha)
                      a Wolf-colored griffin, male or female
                      a Black Gold Emperor or Lap dragon
                      a blank Griffin, male or female (esp. if it has one green and one yellow eye!)
                      a PYO griffin, with one green/one yellow eye
                      Hippogriff or Dragon Trio candlelamp

…Should I, y’know, email them again or something? Do they just automatically email you back when the person you persuaded joins?

Did you email their info to Susie? She’ll get back to you, no worried- Susie is a sweetheart! πŸ™‚

Sadly there are no more tan griffins in all of the factory. πŸ™
                      And Windstone will not give out blank sculptures of production pieces. Only PYOs. But the other choices you have up there are very fine! πŸ˜€

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Allison
                      Participant

Store baiting works! I used it on a store in Midland and they are currently ordering in a new batch of Windstones! I went in and pestered them about Windstones, then I sent in my sisters and my friends to pester them, one at a time, until they decided carrying them was a good idea. I’d love to help you out, but I live a little too far away πŸ˜₯

I forgot about the referal gift 😯 . How does that work? I know this place has sent in an order, because I ordered something for myself through them. It hasn’t come in yet, but then I know there are really long delays at the border right now and I’m not worried about it. Will Karen or Susie get ahold of me if I qualify for something? *Gets all excited*

I wish it was just as easy to get stors to carry them over here πŸ™

Aldana
                        Participant

I’ve tried Amy but no reply from the store I sent an e-mail too…

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

Jodi
                          Participant

Arya wrote:

Store baiting works! I used it on a store in Midland and they are currently ordering in a new batch of Windstones! I went in and pestered them about Windstones, then I sent in my sisters and my friends to pester them, one at a time, until they decided carrying them was a good idea. I’d love to help you out, but I live a little too far away πŸ˜₯

I forgot about the referal gift 😯 . How does that work? I know this place has sent in an order, because I ordered something for myself through them. It hasn’t come in yet, but then I know there are really long delays at the border right now and I’m not worried about it. Will Karen or Susie get ahold of me if I qualify for something? *Gets all excited*

You are supposed to send the contact information to Susie and Karen before they sign up with Windstones, so that Susie or Karen can contact them about selling. That’s when you get a referral gift. You may want to send one of the ladies an email and see if you still qualify.

Allison
                            Participant

I’ll be ok then, I did email Susie, back before the store made up its mind. I gave her their contact information and she must have sent them along computer copies of the catelog, because the next time I went to the shop they showed them to me and told me I could order pieces through them πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.