fbpx

Still in Hawaii. Pics!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Still in Hawaii. Pics!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wampus Dragon
    Participant

I wanted to share a few pics from Hawaii that Ive taken on the Big Island and Oahu. Im back on Oahu now. Taking a lazy day. No plans.

Sea turtle off of Punaluu Black Sand Beach on the Big Island. (I also swam with sea turtles in Hanauma Bay but didnt get pics).

Kulaniapia Falls outside of the bed and breakfast we stayed at on Big Island. You can see this from the room we stayed in.

The Nene or Hawaiian Goose. Very endangered. Theres only about 500 on the entire island.

Road closed indeed. Thats about ten feet of lava from 2003.

We hiked out to the field of ancient petroglyphs on the eastern side of Kilauea.

We hiked out to the top of Pu’u Huluhulu(a dead cinder cone). In the distance you could see Puʻu ʻŌʻō, the most active erupting vent on Kilauea. This is about seven miles. Next time I want to hike to the closest point you can get to it safely(about two miles at Napau Crater).

Halemaʻumaʻu crater in the summit caldera of Kilauea. Its an active but not really erupting vent. It glows and collapses a lot, but isnt currently spewing any lava like Puʻu ʻŌʻō does.

Back on Oahu, we went whale watching. Saw a mother and baby. I got tons of pics, but this is one I got of both of them in the same pic. Mother in back, baby in foreground.

Went to Sea Life Park. I love Keikaimalu. She is half bottlenose dolphin, half false killer whale. An unintentional hybrid that happened in the 80s. I swam with her last year. A very serene animal. Shes the darker, larger one in the pic.

Carolyn
      Participant

Wonderful pics . Love the wild pics of the turtle and the whales .

dragonmedley
        Participant

That’s awesome!

We saw a wild turtle too – looks like the same species you saw. I love turtles 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

SilverDragon
          Participant

Awesome pics! 🙂

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
            Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

briteblades
            Participant

I also swam with Keikaimalu last year and it was AMAZING! Snorkling with the sea turtles in Haunama Bay was also a highlight of our trip!
              Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics! Makes me want to go back!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.