fbpx

Stephanie's PYOs – "Bisbee Twilight" Keeper pg 3.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Stephanie's PYOs – "Bisbee Twilight" Keeper pg 3.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

Sweet! I LOVE how your griffy turned out! Especially the speckles on his head and the red feathers! I really need to do a repaint on my first griffy…the poor thing has a million layers of paint already >.< Your little blue dragon looks fantastic too!

Stephanie
      Participant

Thank you! Hehe, yeah, my griffin and dragon definitely have enough layers to keep them warm in the winter time! πŸ˜†

Stephanie
        Participant

I finished another PYO today, and OMG I’m so proud of him! He looks amazing, and it’s the first time I’ve managed to get antiquing to work right. He looks incredible (and is for sale in the sales thread. πŸ˜‰ )

*dance* I’m so proud of him!

Hannah
          Participant

Aw, Loric is lovely Stephanie!! Your hubby is totally right, he does look like he’s wearing armor! I think the colors you chose compliment each other wonderfully πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Stephanie
            Participant

Aw, Loric is lovely Stephanie!! Your hubby is totally right, he does look like he’s wearing armor! I think the colors you chose compliment each other wonderfully πŸ™‚

Thank you! πŸ˜€

Kelly
              Participant

Loric is pretty cool. He does look like he’s wearing armor. Very nice Stephanie! Good luck on your sale.

Stephanie
                Participant

Loric is pretty cool. He does look like he’s wearing armor. Very nice Stephanie! Good luck on your sale.

Thank you! πŸ˜€

Stephanie
                  Participant

This keeper isn’t /quite/ done, but I’m too excited not to post pictures of him almost done. I won’t get to finish him until next week though, because I’m going out of town this weekend and need to pack him up before I leave. (The landlords are doing some work on our place this weekend, so allll my Windstones need to be packed and tucked away safe and sound so they don’t get damaged like they did last time.) ANYWAY.

This is “Bisbee Twilight”. I spent a lot of time in southern Arizona as a kid, and my mother was born in Bisbee, which is a small mountain mining town. They have/had an open pit copper mine, and from that mine you could also find some of the most (I think) beautiful turquoise in the world. I began this piece with the idea of twilight, to go with the sparkly eyes Hannah was so kind to send out, but after I antiqued him I realized he really reminded me of turquoise, as well as twilight. Hence his name. πŸ™‚

I personally like him better with the metallic teal eyes, but when I offer him for sale (probably sometime next week) I’ll offer a choice of the metallic teal or the sparkly. πŸ™‚

What do you think? πŸ˜€

Hannah
                    Participant

WOW Stephanie!! You’re getting better and better at painting these with every one I see from you! I can’t honestly decide which I like better – the teal or the dichroic! The teal goes super well with his skin tone, and the dichroic raelly brings out some of the purples and lavenders you’ve used. I escially like the contrast of the flamey red and yellow scales (I’m such a sucker for contrast in color XD)! Fantastic job!! I love him!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Stephanie
                      Participant

WOW Stephanie!! You’re getting better and better at painting these with every one I see from you! I can’t honestly decide which I like better – the teal or the dichroic! The teal goes super well with his skin tone, and the dichroic raelly brings out some of the purples and lavenders you’ve used. I escially like the contrast of the flamey red and yellow scales (I’m such a sucker for contrast in color XD)! Fantastic job!! I love him!

*BEAM* Thank yooooou! πŸ˜€

Grayfire_artz
                        Participant

i hadn’t read your description at first so when i saw the photos i thought “well he certainly is different… those colors remind me of something like a desert” when i read what he’s based on it made complete sense! You hit this dead on the nail! i love it!

Stephanie
                          Participant

i hadn’t read your description at first so when i saw the photos i thought “well he certainly is different… those colors remind me of something like a desert” when i read what he’s based on it made complete sense! You hit this dead on the nail! i love it!

Thank you! πŸ˜€

Kelly
                            Participant

Love the colors on this guy nice and bright great summer colors. Very nice! Good luck on the sale.

Stephanie
                              Participant

Love the colors on this guy nice and bright great summer colors. Very nice! Good luck on the sale.

Thank you! :party:

Stephanie
                                Participant

He’s finally DONE! Here is “Bisbee Twilight”. πŸ˜€ My very first ever Keeper, and I’m so proud.

Sparkle Eyes:

Metallic Teal Eyes:

He will be for sale in my Sales Thread!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.