fbpx

Spring 2012 Art Card/ACEO/ATC Swap 4 : Cards on their way!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Spring 2012 Art Card/ACEO/ATC Swap 4 : Cards on their way!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    kitsunelady
    Participant

To anyone who didn’t see the previous swap thread, daydreamer is too busy to play Swap Master right now, so I’ll be running this one! =) I’m just going to recycle daydreamer’s opener, since the way she runs these works fine. o.o

T H E M E : “Monochrome Fantasy” – anything ‘fantasy’ related, but keep each card in monochrome!

Send by Date: May 8, 2012 – That is, you can send your cards as soon as you are done, but NO LATER than this date! But please let me know if you will be joining in by responding to this thread.

How Many Cards: 1, 2 or 3 (For each one you create, you get one back, its totally up to you)

Medium: Any!

How it works…. You will create one, two or three cards (2.5″x3.5″ ONLY) using any medium and style you like, the only requirement is SIZE. Once your cards are complete, PM me for my mailing address and send NO LATER than May 8th. Once I receive cards from everyone who signed up, I will swap them out and you will receive the same number of cards you submitted in return.

Guidelines:
      ON THE BACK of your cards, please include:
      your name/signature and forum name. that way, people who receive your cards will know who created it.
      Anything else is up to you… be creative, that’s what this is all about!
      Any type of paper is allowed, but it always makes for a nicer card if its a bit thicker like cardstock. You can find pre-cut cards at stores like Michaels, Aaron Brothers and other arts and craft supply stores, but its easy to just cut your own!

Remember:
      Include your return MAILING ADDRESS somewhere other than on your original envelope. It would be nice if it were on a sticky mailing label (that has not been stuck yet) so that all I have to do is stick it onto a new envelope to mail back to you. (I always worry that I can’t read handwriting or I write something wrong!)

SIGN UP by responding to this thread. I may PM you with time sensitive details, especially when I get everything ironed out about mailing details and approaching deadlines. There’s no ‘deadline’ for signing up, just a one by which you must send your card (or cards). =)

Thanks everyone!!! I can’t wait to see what you all come up with this time!
      <3

Bodine
      Participant

Yay! Thank you for picking up the torch.
        I am in! I do have spare cards w/jackets if anyone needs any.

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

pegasus4240
        Participant

Count me in. πŸ™‚

-- Angie

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

I’m in! Hmm.. theme idea (I’m sort of confused by fantasy age, since most things we consider fantasy are ageless!) … What about a color theme? That could be fun! πŸ˜€ pick one or two colors that’re to be the main color theme… ooooorrr… we could do a season theme?? Wintry? dragons frolicing in the snow, could be uber cute to celebrate the season we’re in! oooorrr… Spring! The one I’m sure many are looking forward to! πŸ˜€ *Said as I’m shivering from being cold right now, lol*

I dunno… my two sense XD I dunno how much anyone else would be into those, lol..

kitsunelady
            Participant

I’m in! Hmm.. theme idea (I’m sort of confused by fantasy age, since most things we consider fantasy are ageless!) … What about a color theme? That could be fun! πŸ˜€ pick one or two colors that’re to be the main color theme… ooooorrr… we could do a season theme?? Wintry? dragons frolicing in the snow, could be uber cute to celebrate the season we’re in! oooorrr… Spring! The one I’m sure many are looking forward to! πŸ˜€ *Said as I’m shivering from being cold right now, lol*

I dunno… my two sense XD I dunno how much anyone else would be into those, lol..

BRRr, not winter. I hate it. XD But I do kinda like the color thing…

Fantasy age was just kind of supposed to be an ‘open’ fantasy theme. So pretty much anything ‘fantasy’ related would do. XD But if we want to narrow it down, we could say ‘Blue Fantasy’ or ‘Red Fantasy’…and then everyone would have to work in that color? o.o OR everyone could just pick a color themselves, and work only in that, and we could call the theme ‘Monochrome’? Well, if anyone else pipes up with an idea for themes, I’ll make a poll and we can vote. 6.6

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

BRRr, not winter. I hate it. XD But I do kinda like the color thing…

Fantasy age was just kind of supposed to be an ‘open’ fantasy theme. So pretty much anything ‘fantasy’ related would do. XD But if we want to narrow it down, we could say ‘Blue Fantasy’ or ‘Red Fantasy’…and then everyone would have to work in that color? o.o OR everyone could just pick a color themselves, and work only in that, and we could call the theme ‘Monochrome’? Well, if anyone else pipes up with an idea for themes, I’ll make a poll and we can vote. 6.6

hahaha! No winter it is! ;p lol

Could do Monorchrome or say people can pick up to 3 colors (like pink/purple/blue) and the image would only have those 3 colors in it.. it’s very open still, but gives a fun twist! I dunno.. what does everyone else think of these ideas??

kitsunelady
                Participant

The more I think about it, the more I like the monochrome idea. e.e

I’m thinking there aren’t going to be too many people participating this time, so I might make each of you that are your own special card from me (though I will not be keeping any of yours, as the host). <3 n_n I already have a few sketched out, hee. And the monochrome thing would work on them. 6.6…

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

The more I think about it, the more I like the monochrome idea. e.e

I’m thinking there aren’t going to be too many people participating this time, so I might make each of you that are your own special card from me (though I will not be keeping any of yours, as the host). <3 n_n I already have a few sketched out, hee. And the monochrome thing would work on them. 6.6…

Or those of us participating can do a ‘special’ one for you as the host, so you get a trade as well! πŸ˜€ Am I allowed to show them off to the forum before I send them?? There may be a rule about this but I’m not reading them right now as I have food waiting but wanted to reply! Might help ‘promote’ the trade! πŸ™‚

kitsunelady
                    Participant

Feel free, Kaytana! =D Tomorrow is the last day for people to suggest a different theme, so after that I’m going to make it “Monochrome Fantasy”. Sooo…anything fantasy-related, but in monochrome. If you do more than one card, each one can use different color, though. =)

Working in monochrome is a good artistic exercise, anyways. =9

pegasus4240
                      Participant

I’m cool with the monochrome theme. πŸ™‚

-- Angie

Leigha
                        Participant

I’m in ^^ I’ll work in whatever theme you guys decide in

KaytanaPhoenix
                          Participant

Feel free, Kaytana! =D Tomorrow is the last day for people to suggest a different theme, so after that I’m going to make it “Monochrome Fantasy”. Sooo…anything fantasy-related, but in monochrome. If you do more than one card, each one can use different color, though. =)

Working in monochrome is a good artistic exercise, anyways. =9

Monochrome is my specialty with traditional media! XD I’m excited to work on them if this is the final theme! πŸ˜€

kitsunelady
                            Participant

Welcome, Leigha! And yeah, I’m pretty sure monochrome is gonna be it. I’ll edit the main post tomorrow to reflect that. =)

I’ve already got a card sketched, hee. <3

KaytanaPhoenix
                              Participant

Welcome, Leigha! And yeah, I’m pretty sure monochrome is gonna be it. I’ll edit the main post tomorrow to reflect that. =)

I’ve already got a card sketched, hee. <3

haha, awesome! πŸ˜€ I gotta think of some ideas!

Michelle
                                Participant

Is it too late to join in? Because I’d love to do some Art Cards! It’s been forever since I’ve done any. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.