fbpx

Song of the South

Home Forums Miscellany Community Song of the South

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Bob

ladybrooklyn wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Seems like no matter what, someone is gonna be offended. (Hope that didnt offend anyone:)

There’s actually a song that Brad Paisley (a country singer… an AWESOME country singer) just put out on his Christmas CD… “The Completely Non-Offensive and Politically Correct Holiday”

It’s really funny… ^.^ Its three cowboys sitting around a fire… trying to sing Christmas Carols… but they keep getting bleeped on Christmas… and White… and Orient… etc. 😀

If anyone is interested… I transcribed the song on anotehr forum… I could post it here… 😆
      Yes please

Skigod377
      Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

This thread brings up a good point. How much is too much and like Ski said, if you bury it, it will come back again.

We might as well ban “The Hunt for Red October” with Sean Connery, because one of the Navy officers (I think it was that character) said the word “Ruskies” in a degrogatory way. You could probably ban about 3/4 of movies and animation on words and showing anyone in a diagreeable light alone.

Oh! And what about Blazing Saddles??? Hu? 😆

lamortefille
        Participant

I bought my version of SOTS on eBay from Thailand. To me it’s a “snapshot” of our past and I don’t find it offensive. I don’t think “burying” our mistakes by rewriting hisory is going to solve anything. Think about all of the cartoons you don’t see on tv anymore because of censorship. WB is just as afraid of “offending” as Disney. Thank goodness there will always be newsgroups, so many of these cartoons and such will never be lost or buried in some archive. I grew up watching these cartoons and they didn’t turn me into a racist. There are good and bad people in all cultures. *steps off of soapbox*

ladybrooklyn
          Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Yes please

Alrighty! you asked for it! 😆

Ok… because I’m insane… here is the fully transcribed (as close as I can get it! there’s still some unintelligable mumbling in a few areas… I couldn’t catch it all…) “Completely Non-Offensive and Politically Correct Holiday” song… by Brad Paisley!

This is why I love this guy! Creative and full of surprises!

CHORUS:
            Well, it’s a Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday
            Whatever you do, watch what you say!
            If you’re easily offended, well that’s OK…
            It’s a Completely Non-Offensive, Politically Correct Holiday!

BRAD:
            We catch up with our three cowboys one cold December night, huddled around a campfire…

JIMMY:
            How ‘bout we sing some Holiday Songs?

BILL:
            Yeah. Hey George you wanna lead us off?

GEORGE:
            Yeah I got one! “Oh BLEEP-mas Tree, Oh BLEEP-mas Tree… How lovely are thy Branches!” Why am I getting Bleeped again?

BRAD:
            Haven’t you heard guys? You can’t say BLEEP-mas . You’ve gotta say Holiday.

JIMMY:
            I can’t say Christmas?

GEORGE:
            No you might offend somebody.

BILL:
            Who is offended by BLEEP-mas?

JIMMY:
            You know… you might offend the BLEEPs and the BLEEPs… And the Atheists…

GEORGE:
            WHAT?

BILL:
            It’s time to be politically correct.

JIMMY:
            I’ll lead us off.. “On the first day of BLEEP-mas my true love sent to me…

GEORGE:
            Jimmy are you listenin’ You can’t say BLEEP-mas.

JIMMY:
            Why not? If you can say BLEEP on the last record. Why cant’ I say BLEEP-mas?

GEORGE:
            I didn’t make the rules.

BILL:
            Hey listen guys, it’s not that difficult… all you gotta to do is change BLEEP-mas to Holiday. You know, instead of saying… “White BLEEP-mas,” say, “I’m dreaming of a BLEEP Holiday…” Why did I get bleeped?

JIMMY:
            You’ve got to say… “Caucasian”

BILL:
            You mean I have to sing “I’m Dreaming of a Caucasian Holiday?

JIMMY:
            Sure… that won’t offend anyone…

CHORUS:
            It’s a Completely Non- Offensive, Politically Correct Holiday!

*simultaneous with the above chorus*

JIMMY:
            This so Stupid!

BILL:
            This is absolutely ridiculous!

GEORGE:
            Why do these people have to feel that way? How come they get offended so easily?

JIMMY:
            I’m just trying to come up with a song here…

BRAD:
            Let’s sing one together… Everybody ready? George?

GEORGE:
            Ready!

BRAD:
            Bill you ready?

BILL:
            I’m ready!

BRAD: (a la Chipmunks)
            Jimmy?

*silence*

BRAD:
            Jimmy?

*silence*

BRAD:
            JIMMY!?

JIMMY: (Chipmunks voice)
            OKAY!

ALL:
            We three Kings of BLEEP are… Baring gifts we’ve traveled real far…

GEORGE:
            Woah, woah, woah…wait a minute?

BRAD:
            Sorry boys… you’ve gotta say “Asia” now…

GEORGE:
            What?

BILL:
            Aww c’mon just try.

JIMMY:
            I’ve gotta get hyped up for this…

ALL:
            We three kings of Asia are….

BILL:
            That sounds like Horse BLEEP!

GEORGE:
            Ok… how about Little Drummer Boy?

JIMMY:
            Nope… that offends short people.

BILL:
            And you can’t say Drummer because that’ll offend real Musicians.

JIMMY:
            What’s with all the “short” jokes?

GEORGE:
            Hey how about we do Silent Night?

BILL:
            Nope, that offends people hard of hearing, and afraid of the dark.

GEORGE:
            This happens every year.

CHORUS:
            It’s a Completely Non- Offensive, Politically Correct Holiday!

*simultaneous with the above chorus*

ALL:
            *Mumbling and complaining*

JIMMY:
            Same BLEEP every year…

GEORGE:
            It’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

BILL:
            Ho! Ho! Ho!

GEORGE:
            No.

BILL:
            What? I can’t say “Ho?”

GEORGE:
            No, you might offend some… Women…

JIMMY:
            So basically… we can’t sing anything?

GEORGE:
            I think that’s a bunch of Bull BLEEP!

BILL:
            Softer George. It’s more effective.

GEORGE: *whispering*
            I think that’s a bunch of Bull BLEEP!

JIMMY:
            Wait just a BLEEP minute. I’ve never been so BLEEPin BLEEP in my whole BLEEP life.

BILL:
            Now wait a second…

BILL:
            I don’t care who we offend! I’m gonna sing BLEEP-mas carols if I wanna sing BLEEP-mas Carols!

GEORGE:
            LOUDER Bill! It’s more effective!

BILL:
            I don’t care who we offend! I’m gonna sing BLEEP-mas carols if I wanna sing BLEEP-mas Carols!

JIMMY:
            Me too!

ALL:
            We wish you a Merry BLEEP-mas. We wish you a Merry BLEEP-mas… and a Happy BLEEP New Year!

JIMMY:
            You can’t say New, it’ll offend the old folks.

BILL:
            And you’d better not offend them!

JIMMY:
            Us!

YEAH!

Add to that the song: “Penguin, James Penquin”… about Santa’s Secret Spy penguin! Makes perfect sense to me!

If you like cool… funny… unique Christmas music… I totally recommend this CD!

Ok… there you have it… 😆

Bob

very nice that someone finally did something like that

SPark
              Participant

ladybrooklyn wrote:

Well let’s just censor ALL of the old Warner Bros and Disney shorts!!! for the love of god

Actually they’ve already censored a HUGE number of old Warner Bros shorts. Especially the WWII propaganda ones. The Loony Toons that most of us younger sorts saw growing up in the 80s were very pruned down from the original number available.

ladybrooklyn
                Participant

SPark wrote:

ladybrooklyn wrote:

Well let’s just censor ALL of the old Warner Bros and Disney shorts!!! for the love of god

Actually they’ve already censored a HUGE number of old Warner Bros shorts. Especially the WWII propaganda ones. The Loony Toons that most of us younger sorts saw growing up in the 80s were very pruned down from the original number available.

That seriously makes me physically ill…

just like on my Donald Duck DVDs.. the two huge volumes that Disney put out a year or so ago… there’s an introduction done by Leonard Maltin… “… now we have to remember the context in which these “gags” were animated… they were NEVER intended to offend anyone…” makes me SICK! SICK SICK! 😛

I love Brad Paisley! And I have the CD – the penguin song is great. (Since I love penguins – already saw Happy Feet and I’m going to the Bronx Zoo this weekend to see the lights and because it is Happy Feet Weekend! 😀 )

And I heard that now Cookie Monster on Sesame Street eats carrots and other things because he was blamed for the rise in childhood obesity!

Maria
                  Participant

Nice one, Lady. And I’m glad to know we don’t have any people stupid enough on this forum to get offended over something actually inoffensive. I second what all you guys said – though I haven’t seen Song of the South yet. Shall keep my eyes open, though I doubt I can get it over here.

Bob

ddvm wrote:

And I heard that now Cookie Monster on Sesame Street eats carrots and other things because he was blamed for the rise in childhood obesity!

Now that is over the line!! Somehow Carrot Monster just does not have the same ring to it

I LOVE Blazing Saddles!!!

“Oh it’s twue, it’s twue”

I just think that is one of the best movies ever and it’s not hateful or derogatory (I think) it’s funny.

Oh gosh. I love Brad Paisly.

There was all sorts of cartoons, not even just Warner Brothers, that were WWII oriented, Superman duking it out with well, y’know Hilter. There was even a Bugs Bunny cartoon called “Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips”. Sorry to any of you Japanese folk out there! History and all. 😉

The Song of the South thing is a lot like people trying to ban Huck Finn or To Kill a Mockingbird (one of my favourite books). HELLO. In Huck Finn, the African Americans, like in SotS are the GOOD guys. It’s the white people that are jerks. In Mockingbird, it’s just showing the way it was back then- Atticus Finch’s kids got heck since their father was defending a black man. And Finch was the good guy of the story, and one of the daughters was the protagonist and narrator. Anyone who wants to ban those books is just completely ignoring just what the frell the actual PLOT to those books are.

Blazing Saddles is one of my favourite Mel Brooks movies, too. It’s hilarious when ABC Family shows it- cutting out all the derogatory terms.

HAY GUESS WHAT. The past happened. You can either hide it, or learn from it. :b

Bob

and if you hide it, it always has a way of re surfacing at some point

Yeah, that’s sorta what I meant- learn from it so you can keep it from happening again. “History repeasts itself” an’ all. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.