fbpx

Someone is using my pics to sell on ebay. What should I do?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Someone is using my pics to sell on ebay. What should I do?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    fairyhearted
    Participant

Hi. I noticed someone took my pictures that I took of my windstone dragon and is using it to sell theirs on ebay. They don’t mention that the pictures they are using do not represent their item. I tried to report the listing to ebay, but there is no category that it falls under that I can report it. If they copied from an ebay listing, I could report it, but I never listed the item on ebay. Any recommendations?

Laurie
      Participant

yep, I had this happen to me too. You email them thru ebay and tell them to take your picture down now, or you’ll report them to ebay. If they don’t, call ebay’s number. 1-800-701-3229

fairyhearted
        Participant

They don’t even have the right name for the dragon. I wonder what dragon they actually have, if any. Surprisingly they have 100% feedback. If you’re gonna steal someone’s pictures, at least have the decency to be like ‘these pictures are an example of what you will receive, the actual item hasn’t been removed from the box’ or something like that. Since all Windstones are individually painted they can look slightly different from one to another. And since I took the pictures and still have the item I know they don’t have the exact one pictured. Anywayz, I did end up ebay messaging them. I’ll see if they reply.

fairyhearted
          Participant

Argh, how annoying. The seller didn’t respond to my email so I tried using the phone number that Laurie mentioned, but it’s no longer in use. So I tried to report it through the ebay system but they never give you a number to let you speak to a representative. I can’t contact the bidders to warn them either.

Laurie
            Participant

Ok, go to customer support at the top of the ebay page, then contact ebay, then
              account, then account safety, then click on the phone, then they’ll give you a phone # and a one time passcode good for 15 minutes

Robin
              Participant

How annoying. I hope you get it figured out. Keep us updated and good luck.

fairyhearted
                Participant

Well, update: I got through finally to ebay and filed a report, but so far they haven’t removed the listing. Now the person is advertising their ebay post on the forum. I still haven’t received a response from the email I sent them so basically they don’t care that they stole the photos. Buyers beware.

littleironhorse
                  Participant

In fact, when I saw this listing on ebay, I assumed it was you.

I guess there isn’t much more you can do about ebay, but you might send a message to John about the classified here. I know the seller isn’t using your images here, but they are directing potential buyers to a listing that is…

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

On my screen, when I click on report item and choose “copyright and trademark” one of the next options is “Images or text copied from your listing”. Then “copied pictures or text”. Even though you never listed those pictures on ebay, those are still YOUR pictures and not the item that is being represented. Ebay is so frustrating sometimes!

littleironhorse
                      Participant

Maybe also post a “buyer beware” thread on the General Windstone forum…?

KaytanaPhoenix
                        Participant

Yeah, I would go about it as a copyright issue, ebay pays a lil more closer attention to that I think since so many people steal art and sell it on ebay…

Ebays whole ‘privacy’ issue is certainly a backfire in situations like this, when you’re trying to warn buyers that something isn’t right..

I honestly don’t get why not photograph the piece yourself, going about it this way comes out very sketchy to me, how do the buyers know there isn’t major damage? or it’s anything like the piece they see, it just isn’t right

Kiya
                          Participant

If someone is using your image without your permission on the Windstone site, please let John or Shihiv know and they can take care of it! 🙂

Kiya
                            Participant

For that matter, _I_ can take a photo down if they use it on this site. 🙂

fairyhearted
                              Participant

They only use the Windstone image on this forum, but they refer to the ebay listing that contains the pictures I took. I emailed John about it. Hopefully it gets removed. So far the post and the ebay listing are still up there…

Irony is what I would call it…or maybe karma.

Personally I would recommend that you give them the same patience and understanding that you expected from me regarding the sale of your item. First it was extending the end date over and over and then you just changed your mind about selling it and pulled the add…without even a quick message to me saying you changed your mind and are not going to sell it. Especially after I asked you for some sort of response…you can’t demand courtesy when you won’t give it yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.