fbpx

Some Mixed Emotions

Home Forums Miscellany Community Some Mixed Emotions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

LadyFirebird
      Participant

Well this day has pulled me from one end to the other. I have happy feelings, a sense of accomplishment, aggravation, sorrow and heartbreak. Talk about a mixed bag–ever have days like that?

Well I go on a little vacation after today for a week and a half. Got all my work done, and it was a push, but got everything entered, dealt with an insurance audit, got checks made out and ready to send to vendors, filed everything and now my coworker can easily close for the year end! Yaaaaay! Happy about that and happy about not coming in until the 16th. πŸ˜€

Then there is the aggravation with EDD–we’re on a work share program where they pay us for the days that the employer furloughs us. Well there is a question that asks if the employee was absent other than the work share days ie holidays, vacation, sick leave and if so was the absense approved by the employer. Well I had some vacation time last month and put that. Well they paid me for one week but not for the week I had my vacation. My coworker thinks that they are thinking that they shouldn’t pay me because of the vacation time. I haven’t received a claim rejection letter, which I should if that is the case, and may have to call them πŸ™„ [I hate calling the EDD] 😑 this Friday if I don’t hear anything. Big time aggravation–I want nothing but fun on my vacation!! πŸ‘Ώ

I come home and there is a message from my neighbor–she doesn’t call for nothing and I had a feeling it was not so good news. Well her youngest daughter lost her baby. She was 3 months along and started spotting. When she went to the doctor well, the baby was dead. So sad to hear that. She was pregnant once before and lost it so this poor gal is a high risk pregnancy! She and her husband want a baby soooooo bad. I know she has some health issues and I hope they can try again and bring a baby to term. So I’m bummed about that right now. πŸ™

Also today I get a Griffin Candlelamp I got off ebay. Well it came damaged πŸ˜₯ –ears broke off, nothing more. One thing the seller didn’t double box but she did insure. I have already contacted her and she responded within 30 minutes. I can’t send her pictures but I can send the item back and let her refund me. I do have good feelings about the seller and she was dismayed because she never had a problem before. But it broke my heart because I like the item and it is retired.

So all this in a day==happiness being eroded by aggravation–sorrow overshadows the aggravation and heartbreak sits next to them both! Thought I’d share some craziness going on in my life! πŸ˜‰

And–let’s end on a positive note–just noticed this–I’m now a Chatty Windstonian! πŸ˜†

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

Grats on your Chatty title!

Please send love and hugs to your neighbor’s daughter for me, losing a baby more than once is so devistating. Lots of thoughts and prayers for her next try!

On your candlelamp, if the damage is easily fixable, you can see if she’ll do a partial refund if you want to keep it and try and fix it. Often, I find that the seller is more willing to take some money and not have to deal with a broken piece. Just a thought!

Screw EDD….They’re the biggest pains in the butt….ever…..I wish you the best of luck and a speedy resolution!

and last but definitely not least! HAVE A HAPPY, FUN, RELAXING VACCATION!

LadyFirebird
          Participant

Thanks for the positive thoughts, Cat. In regards to the candlelamp–the damage isn’t horrible–the ears broke off in pieces, but I do have the large piece that Kyrin would fill in and you’d never know the difference. It wasn’t like the whole thing broke in bits and pieces. As I ‘speak’ the seller and I are working out a resolution. Her feelings exactly–rather not deal with USPS and if I really like the item, which I do, she’ll give me a discount. Works for me–that way we’re not shipping this thing back and forth. I don’t have my digital camera yet and so can’t send her pictures–I did promise her that I would just to see the damage and that I’m telling her the truth–I like to be on the up and up dealing with people myself.

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Aw, Fern, what a ‘sucky’ way to start a vacation… and I’m soooo sorry to hear of your friends loss of their baby. We lost 2 out of 4 and were really, REALLY lucky to hang on the Ethan and Sean.

Hang in there! We lurvs ya! Hopefully things will resolve quickly and you can still have a great vaca!
              lurvs ya!

twindragonsmum

tdm

*hugs* Yes I’ve had mixed up days like that. I’ve felt both sick and well, both angry yet happy about something else…it usually leads to major anxiety spells! LOL

Ungh, I always dread the thought of a Windstone arriving broken. I have this peacock emp on the way and I’m terrified this new seller won’t box properly, even though I noted him twice on it. (He hasn’t responded, I hate bad communicators!) I hope you can manage to fix yours, or, at least get all your money back.
              One thing is for sure, I never worry about Windstone themselves boxing properly! I LOVE the way they pack up their Windstones, nice and tidy! πŸ™‚

That’s so sad about the baby. πŸ˜₯ I always hate to hear about that sort of thing. Let your neighbor know people like me are thinking of their daughter and praying for them. I’ll pray that she manages to get pregnant again, and thist time it makes full term! He he, maybe even twins to make up for it! πŸ˜€

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.