fbpx

So, what's next on the schedule?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what's next on the schedule?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,640 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

Another pony photo (from Melody’s Facebook page):

Oh, I will be wanting one of these! Sooo pretty! Hoping for some dapple greys.

Can someone tell me why they are called “pebble” animals?

It started with the foxes and cats. They were supposed to be small, roundish, simple animal shapes that resembled pebbles, like the Maya Hill “Journey stones”.
      I had intended to have them be white,and finished with buffed wax only, but they almost instantly started getting painted, so then they needed to be larger… and here we are, with a line of smooth, but not so pebble-like, animals.
      Any ideas for a different name?

Simple Pleasures?
      Silhouettes?
      Smoothies?
      Soft Shapes?
      Elementals?
      Sleekness?
      Essentials?

Those are all things that remind me of their simpler, essential characteristics. Less detailed, but absolutely capturing the essence of the animal.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Betrluk1
      Participant

is there a scale comparison somewhere that i missed before? like when it was still in its sculpting phase? curious to see its relative size. i really like these guys but i am to poor right now to get in on this group. might pick up one if it goes to production later. loving the rich bay with the blaze in the group photo.

Landipan
        Participant

^ I believe they are near cougar size.

Also, I really like cobble ponies too!

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Marianne
          Participant

Those horses are so pretty. I agree that Cobble horses or even Cobblestone Horses is really cute.

etruscan
            Participant

is there a scale comparison somewhere that i missed before? like when it was still in its sculpting phase? curious to see its relative size. i really like these guys but i am to poor right now to get in on this group. might pick up one if it goes to production later. loving the rich bay with the blaze in the group photo.

They’re roughly the size of a pebble cougar. Reposting from Melody’s Facebook page (21 March 2016):

Pony and cougar together for size comparison

Kelsey
              Participant

What about Pebble Ponies?

fatalbeauty
                Participant

Those horses are so pretty. I agree that Cobble horses or even Cobblestone Horses is really cute.

both of these sound good to me….

4 things I'm looking for:
                  1. Mother Meerkat
                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kim
                  Blocked

Yeah echoing some ideas above would Pebble Ponies work or maybe Stone Ponies or Cobblestone Ponies? I think Ponies sounds cuter than horses. I know people said they were similar to cougar sizes but could we have the measurements? I don’t know if I would have enough space for these or not. I think I need a bigger curio cabinet!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Sikek
                    Participant

New sculpt, natural horse colours :O
                      I really want one of these!! They look so classy.

Bullsquid
                      Participant

I definitely agree that pony sounds innately cuter than horse. I like the sound of cobble ponies or pony totems. Stone ponies is out of the question though, since Stone Horses has their stoneponys.com website, and “The Stone Poneys” is the name of a band. Who knew?

etruscan
                        Participant

I definitely agree that pony sounds innately cuter than horse. I like the sound of cobble ponies or pony totems. Stone ponies is out of the question though, since Stone Horses has their stoneponys.com website, and “The Stone Poneys” is the name of a band. Who knew?

What, you don’t remember Linda Ronstadt singing “A Different Drum” as lead singer of The Stone Poneys? 😉

littleironhorse
                          Participant

Peter Stone also has a line called Stone Ponies.

But I don’t see why Melody’s creations couldn’t still be called pebbles (ponies or horses) since this is a generic term, it couldn’t be copyrighted could it?

etruscan
                            Participant

“Pebble caballo [Spanish for horse]” has a nice ring to it.

jmoore
                              Participant

How about Rubble Ponies? When I hear Cobble I think of cobble the verb, not cobble the noun…..

Nightcrow
                                Participant

How about Rubble Ponies? When I hear Cobble I think of cobble the verb, not cobble the noun…..

I dunno, when I hear rubble, I think rubbish. (Rubble is usually discarded or worthless material – the stuff left at a construction site, or after a disaster has struck!)

I think Cobbles/Cobblestones is growing on me (though yep, like you, I do tend to think of the verb as well as the noun) – I also like the idea of something like “Elements” or “Simplicity” (so ‘Pony Element,’ ‘Elements: Pony’ or ‘Pony Simplicity’ etc.), along the lines of Natashavonlemke’s suggestions.

…Or hey, what if they stayed Pebbles, but the sculpt was the Cob? So it would be the ‘Pebble Cob’ = I can’t find any Stone Pebbles sculpt(s) that are called that!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,640 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.