So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 903 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page, posted December 1:
      “Power is out at Windstone. Here’s the momma hippogriff I was working on.”

Windstone_hippogriffs_WIP-female_December-2020

Mika
      Participant

The PYO rock dragon looks fantastic!

How long did the mommagriff’s feathers take you? They look so fluffy.

Interesting making a boar family that’s one whole piece (at least that’s how it looks to me).

Melody
        Keymaster

The PYO rock dragon looks fantastic!

How long did the mommagriff’s feathers take you? They look so fluffy.

Interesting making a boar family that’s one whole piece (at least that’s how it looks to me).

Feathers take forever, mostly because I am never satisfied with them and keep re-doing them.
          The wild boar and piglets are all one piece. It’s an old sculpt we have never produced. Doesn’t quite fit the line!

LZ
          Participant

If you put wings on the boars, they would fit the line.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

VS
            Participant

“When pigs fly…”

Lol, that can go wrong in so many wonderful ways!

Ela_Hara
              Participant

OMG! OMG! Please Please do the Boars! Put Batwings on them, that would be Sooooooo AWESOME!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

pipsxlch
                Participant

Are they Red River hogs? They look great!

Melody
                  Keymaster

Are they Red River hogs? They look great!

They are supposed to be regular wild pigs. The momma’s head is a little too small though.
                    I had a big wooden boar that I bought at a swap meet. He was great.
                    This was a clay mock-up of a female I wanted to carve to go with him. Never did carve one though, and then the male got lost, or “disappeared” during one of our moves. ( how do you lose a 3ft long wooden pig??) I wish I could find him.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

OMG! OMG! OMG! On Melody’s Facebook page TODAY – Winter Poads!!!!!

My only question – WHEN?!?!? OMG! OMG! OMG!

Winter-Poads_WIPm

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
                      Participant

OMG! OMG! OMG! On Melody’s Facebook page TODAY – Winter Poads!!!!!

My only question – WHEN?!?!? OMG! OMG! OMG!

Winter-Poads_WIPm

AAAAAAAA!!!!!!

They don’t alllll have to have so much black, so they?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Bodine
                        Participant

Oh how cool.I will have to pass,was at too broke, but they are lovely.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Suzanne-Marie
                          Participant

Hoping the ❄️ winter poads do Not come out until mid-January….when I have $$$ again…
                            The photo of the one on the left would match a young Penguin Poad I have…
                            Both are So Beautiful !!!!

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Excited to see some new adult Poads. It’s been a while… The 1st Kickstarter I’d say. I’d be excited to see some with some nice icy blue, light silver and dark graphite metallic eyes. These look to be a lot of fun <3

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
                              Participant

New photos of the mother hippogriff from Melody’s Facebook page. There is a lot of discussion about the front legs.

Melody said, “Test painted hippogriff. Painting wings is hard. I think there is too much stuff going on at once on this sculpt, but that’s what you are in for when dealing with hippogriffs.”

Windstone_hippogriff_WIP-female_test-paint-appy_side1

Comment – “I’m sorry is it me? I see the front legs are lion paws but they seem to be way to short for the animal to stand properly, paws seem to be where the knees would normally be so when he stands up his head and shoulders would be tilted downwards.”

Melody – “Here’s a different angle. Since she has lion front legs and shoulders, the forearm is long, and the elbow would come below the belly. Hippogriffs are always impossible though, that is what being a hippogriff is about..”

Windstone_hippogriff_WIP-female_test-paint-appy_front

Comment – “They could also have a lot more shoulder muscle as well as bone structure that would shift the front legs down under the chest more instead of up and to the sides. Basically two sets of shoulders, one for wings, one for front legs. …”

Melody – “A bird’s shoulder blade is slender and fits in a groove along the spine so it could easily fit with a mammalian shoulder blade without creating too much extra bulk. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.”

etruscan
                                Participant

The other side of the female hippogriff, also from Melody’s Facebook page.

Melody said, “I painted the wing differently on the back side. The first few test paints are always a mess as I sort out how to go about painting them.”

Windstone_hippogriff_WIP-female_test-paint-appy_side2

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 903 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.