fbpx

So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 903 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

It might be like the Ori’s literally 1 no matter which batch you are choosing from. I can only hope. I don’t have a day off this week, so my chances of missing these are high.

This was what I think might be fair as well – at least for the first full week (7 days) so people have a chance for at least one – especially if they need to wait to be paid or need to move funds around after knowing the Ponycorns’ final prices.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mary
      Participant

I sure hope that it’ not limited to only 1 out of the 4 batches as there are many I like in multiple batches. My favs are split into different groupings. I’d have a hard time choosing which to go for as I’m equally in love with the giraffes as the safari’s.

Setsunawolf
        Participant

I understand where you are coming from Mary. I just wanted to chime in because while you are worried about getting 2, I’m concerned I won’t be able to get even 1. I personally like things fair, and it’s not fair for people to get 2 or 4 while others can’t get even 1. But ultimately Windstone needs to what is best for Windstone, and we need to support their decision.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Ferlin1984
          Participant

I think that if you are allowed one from each batch… 20 forum members could wipe out half of the ponycorns. I think it would be hard to decide what to do.
            If I had the money to buy four I would be upset I couldn’t buy more than one. On the other side those waiting for money or just scraped enough together to get one but couldn’t because they sold out in seconds I would be upset too.
            There is also the people who still end up with more than the limit. This doesn’t include blind trades.

sherry10151982
            Participant

It’s a predicament for sure!! I wonder if they’re going to be released today?

Ela_Hara
              Participant

I believe keeping the limit to one at the beginning so that everyone can have a chance, then opening it up and removing the limit after 5 – 7 days is fair for all. That way all have a chance at one, then those who want more than one can get them once the limit is lifted.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

sherry10151982
                Participant

I believe keeping the limit to one at the beginning so that everyone can have a chance, then opening it up and removing the limit after 5 – 7 days is fair for all. That way all have a chance at one, then those who want more than one can get them once the limit is lifted.

I concur with this; however, I don’t believe there will be any left after 5-7 days even after a one per person limit LOL!!

Mary
                  Participant

I understand where you are coming from Mary. I just wanted to chime in because while you are worried about getting 2, I’m concerned I won’t be able to get even 1. I personally like things fair, and it’s not fair for people to get 2 or 4 while others can’t get even 1. But ultimately Windstone needs to what is best for Windstone, and we need to support their decision.

Setunswolf I agree with you. Windstone always tries to please as many folks as possible, but definitely they should do whatever is in the businesses best interests. It’s too difficult to please everyone, and sometimes people go on vacations & miss out. I’ve missed out on GB’s before too. Usually they give enough advance notice of roughly when to expect, so everyone is aware. I know some of the emails announcing the sale go out at the same time, but due to email services, don’t always get received in time before they sell out. It would be near impossible to try to account for all the variances.

Good luck getting one

Mary
                    Participant

I concur with this; however, I don’t believe there will be any left after 5-7 days even after a one per person limit LOL!!

That works well except that it doubles shipping costs. For those of us in the states, it’s not as big of a deal as those living outside the country who have to pay duties plus shipping

sherry10151982
                      Participant

Oh yeah!! I forgot about double the shipping costs!! Duh! That does pose a problem 🧐

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

It’s a brand new sculpt, so there is no way they are not going to sell out one way or another before 5 days. Melody said she thought it would be 1 per batch because the store won’t accommodate 1 total only no matter the batch. I guess the cart just doesn’t know enough function that way. In other words, it sees and recognizes qty 1 of a single item, not 1 of each quantity of different items. It doesn’t know the difference between a Safari Pony Corn and a Normal Horse Patterned Ponycorn. It just sees two different items. No different that one Pony Corn and an Emperor Dragon on a single order. This is the consequence of requesting them to be split into a bunch of separate batches. Unfortunately even if folks are requested to only buy one I know for a fact that wont happen. If the store will eat you buying one of each, people are going to buy as much as they can if they have the money to do so. It happens every time… this isn’t anything new. Asking Susie to go through and dissect every transaction is not really fair to Windstone if they can sell their product successfully. On the other hand, it does stink that basically the first 20 – 30 members are going to get the bulk of the unicorns. It is what it is, it’s when people find the means to buy multiples when they’re not supposed to, that’s when I get annoyed. Suddenly everyone’s friend mother sister and brother are collectors. *shrug* I try not to get my panties in a twist over it anymore. I think Windstone does their best to accommodate us when they can. The only thing I would like to see is more restock on items like this if there are a lot of folks who missed out. Grab bags seldom get the same type of restock. Likely if you miss out on safari ponies the next will be wild colored ones and in another year or two we may circle back to another safari batch. I’m not complaining. This isn’t a company in China mass producing these by the thousand and there are a lot more things Melody needs to focus on the JUST grab bags 24-7 so consistent restock isn’t always possible. It is what it is. I miss my share of releases. I’m at work right now and hoping I catch them in time today too and I’m not stuck with a client. Good luck to everyone and may the force be with us all!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kim
                          Blocked

Windstone can still request people stick to a limit even if the cart doesn’t. They have before. I think 2 per person would be fair if people want to try from 2 batches. I know I wouldn’t be able to afford more than that myself anyway. But we will see I guess. I have to take my mom to an appointment this afternoon so I hope they come out later.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

They requested that for the Orientals and nobody paid attention is my point. I was even guilty. I didn’t even know until after my order was placed because I was too busy scrambling to make sure I got it in my cart I didn’t even read the description. What seasoned collector stops and reads the descriptions in the heat of the grab bag madness? LOL! Everyone is clicking the Paypal buttons as fast as they can to make sure the order goes thru and pieces aren’t swiped from their carts. I know I am. As much as the system has been fixed to not do that it still fails sometimes and my paranoia of the website screwing up far outweighs my aptitude to dilly dally around reading descriptions. Especially on a new release when we’re all crashing the store. LOL! I don’t think I can afford more then 2 either personally.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ferlin1984
                              Participant

Melody has a single class pic up in her Facebook page.
                                Not sure if that means they will be out tonight or not.

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

Well… depending on when they took the pic they may go in tomorrow. I’d imagine they would have to still pack them all.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 903 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.