So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 903 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

What Drag0n and Starbreeze said. Please take all the time you need to feel better. ‘Just’ a cold can be more than miserable enough.

Kim
      Blocked

Well now that a lot of things are cancelled and people are staying home because of the Coronavirus, maybe next week would be a good time to start the kickstarter so we all have something to look forward to doing. That’s assuming Melody and everyone is healthy and well next week hopefully!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Well now that a lot of things are cancelled and people are staying home because of the Coronavirus, maybe next week would be a good time to start the kickstarter so we all have something to look forward to doing. That’s assuming Melody and everyone is healthy and well next week hopefully!

Oh yea, there is an epidemic and everyone is rushing out to spend all their money on necessities in preparation of the government potentially shutting down people’s jobs for 2 weeks, let’s all buy sculptures! LOL!

Not that I’m not excited for the kickstarter and wouldn’t participate if it did start, but as someone living in this world right now it’s probably not the soundest financial strategy for success to run the Kickstarter at this moment until this hysteria blows over. That’s just my humble opinion.

I mean if it was a kickstarter for lysol, hand sanitizer and toilet paper substitutes then all hands on deck, but I’d probably wait until people stop acting crazy before launching the Kickstarter for a luxury item. *shrug*

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Natasha
          Participant

Drag0n is totally speaking truth. And as Melody has said she’s sick, I doubt she’s jumping up to take on a big project. Get well soon, Melody! I hope you are feeling ok!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Setsunawolf
            Participant

I think what Drag0n said makes sense. Because of I have to choose between between a Bantam and paying my mortgage, I think the mortgage wins.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Maybe waiting until sometime in April or so would make better sense. Good news is that there would be more time for people to save up funds…
                Take it easy and feel better soon Ms. Melody! We can wait. ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                Blocked

First of all no one should ever have to panic buy groceries or essentials no matter what the situation. My church has always told us to have at least a 2-3 month storage of food and essentials in case of emergency and the people who are hoarding all the toilet paper and sanitizer and things are being either paranoid or greedy. As for jobs, for those of us who are self employed or run businesses like Windstone or myself, selling things is our income. The fact that anything would shut down affects all of us. People could potentially go out of business if everyone stops buying things online or in stores (with the exception of those who sell toilet paper).

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

I get where you are coming from Kim, but there is a very real possibility I may be unable to go to work for 2-4 weeks. If they close my daycare, I’m screwed. The schools are already closed, K-12, but not pre-K yet. But there are more than 50 kids at my center, and gatherings over 50 people are next in the close list. It’s a little frightening the thought of not being able to earn money to pay basic bills…..heat, water, groceries, mortgage.

There are some items we have to buy weekly like soy milk because it goes bad. It’s harder to feed little ones sometimes.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

It may seem I was being a little overboard in what I said, but not really when you think about it. We just announced in MA that starting tomorrow ALL schools are closed for 3 weeks, all restaurants are closed for 3 weeks with the exception of carry out only, and all social gatherings of 25 people + are being cancelled. My sister works as a function coordinator doing weddings and other functions and they are effectively closed as well so she is out of work for the next 3 weeks now and where it’s a small company she’s not going to be getting paid from them because they literally can’t. They have to refund all kinds of deposits now for food and linen orders that has already been paid for scheduled events if she can’t convince people to reschedule, and this is just one example of many that are out there. Apparently she can collect temporary unemployment for the 3 weeks and the state is waiving the 1 waiting week but that’s all well and good until they start processing all of these claims. Who knows when she will actually get money, but the main point I was trying to make is that this will be effecting a lot of people financially and there are many uncertain variables because this shut down is unprecedented. It would seem to be like a bad business decision to launch a Kickstarter and expecting to make money until the current situation levels out and things get a little more back to some normalcy. I don’t think a lot of folks are going to take the risk of blowing money on sculptures with so many unknown variables that could come up throughout the next 30 days between health risks, child care, food and home care supplies, and personal bills and living expenses. The vast majority of folks are not self employed with 2 month stockpiles of food.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kim
                      Blocked

When I posted about looking forward to the Kickstarter a couple days ago I hadn’t heard of anything shutting down or anyone not being able to work. Everything in my city was mostly still running as normal. All I heard about was big events being cancelled. Then yesterday suddenly I hear about schools, gyms and libraries shutting down, stores changing hours and some people not being able to go to work. Maybe that started in the US earlier than on Canada but that wasn’t the case here til now. All I was thinking was how if people were staying home with not much to do that it might be nice to have something like the Kickstarter to look forward to. If some people aren’t able to work, obviously that’s not good timing for a Kickstarter but I was also pointing out that anyone who runs a business is also going to suffer now if people aren’t able to buy their products now. I’m worried about some small business owners I know. Everything now is going to be affected by this. What baffles me is why my city is now shutting everything down when we have a mere 50 cases of Coronavirus in the whole province out of a population of over 4 million.

Bodine
                        Participant

They are being smart about it.Logic demands looking at others mistakes and failures and be intelligent enough to try and not do the same thing.America has waited a week too long if you ask me.China,Italy,hello….”An ounce of prevention prevents a pound of cure”I mean this is a wakeup call.Not one country need wait until it’s too late.The rest of the world should take notice and put things in motion so it doesn’t get worse.People are lulled into a false sense of security,being spoiled and getting soft.The first little twinge of something abby-normal and panic sets in.Amber and I saw two women fight over tampons.I just shook my head in shame and left.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

They can’t stop the virus. The hope is we can flatten the infection curve so the medical system can treat everyone who is sick. The concern is needing more venalators that are available. People needing treatment for other condition can revive that treatment. If you are in a car accident and need hospitalization there will be beds available to treat you. If the only way to slow it down is to stop people from gathering. That’s why cities are always hit harder with these things than country folk. There are just more people in the cities.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Courtney
                            Participant

Colorado just closed the Denver Zoo, All restaurant sit in, all gyms, all theaters and banned/closed anywhere where 50 people or more can gather.

My job (Amazon Delivery) is deemed a vital operation so we are still active.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Soooooo 1st day of quarantine here in MA and it is EXACTLY as I predicted. We are MOBBED! They aren’t really quarantining anyone, they’re just redirecting them. So now since nobody can go to the movies, go out to eat, go to the bar, go to the gym, or any kind of event what’s left to do? Let’s go shopping! *facepalm* The malls were so mobbed they just started shutting them down too. They announced Sunday that the malls were just going to have shortened hours 11-6 or 10-8 depending on what mall. My boyfriend works loss prevention at Macy’s and was told he was going to get cut down to 32 hours and work 11-7 shifts for the next 2 to 3 weeks. Well, in the past hour he’s now been told to go home, the mall is closing, and now he’s laid off instead because PEOPLE ARE MORONS and couldn’t stay home like they were told to do! They had to go shopping instead… now we’re down 1 income in my household. I seriously doubt Lowe’s will close down. We’re usually always open for emergencies. If anything we might get reduced hours but I am still guaranteed my full time hours unless I want to volunteer to go home. (providing the state doesn’t MAKE us close anyway, then who knows) I have already designed 3 walk in kitchens today though so obviously people aren’t listening so who knows what is going to happen. The appliance department hasn’t stopped since I got here. Anyone I talk to responds “oh we’re just browsing, we didn’t have work today.” No kidding you dumb cow! You didn’t have work because you’re SUPPOSED to be at home and not potentially infecting other people! I just can’t with these people right now… so basically I have double the chance to contact this virus now because people are stupid and are shopping wherever there is an open store because they are bored. Not to mention Lowe’s hires A LOT of retired vets who are not being given option to go home at this point so you are potentially infecting high risk people because you want to go shopping during what is supposed to be a quarantine, only going out for emergencies situation.

Sorry to rant… I am just fired up right now.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

Yep. That’s what I was afraid of. People won’t respect the rules and it will make it worse for the rest of us. And those people out now will be the first to complain when we have to go into lockdown like Italy.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 903 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.