fbpx

So, what art forms do you DISLIKE

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what art forms do you DISLIKE

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

But it is hideous to look at. My parents have 2 byRoy Salopree, who is pretty well known where I grew up, and a drunk, who would sell his “art” for 5 bucks if it helped get him a bottle.

I pisses me off that he is still considered an artist, but Robert Bateman is considered a sell-out because he sells prints of his art, which is actually beautiful.

Just a quick aside – you two wouldn’t watch Battlestar Galactica, would you? I just had to fracking ask! πŸ˜†

Maebnus
    Participant

ddvm wrote:

Just a quick aside – you two wouldn’t watch Battlestar Galactica, would you? I just had to fracking ask! πŸ˜†

😯 I do… and I didn’t even notice they said that. I’m losing it….

twindragonsmum
      Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

tdm

ddvm wrote:

I was gonna ask the same frakking thing!!!

On topic- I have done a mural, I did not like it when I was finished, it was a wierd concept thing I did in high school…I have no idea were the pictures are, but it was 8 feet tall and 16 feet long. I loathed it in the end. I do however like Eagle’s and PC’s. I can’t stand performance art…just a personal eww. And I am not a fan of those giant canvases that are one solid color. just doesn’t seem like art to me.

Rusti
        Participant

ddvm wrote:

*laughs* No, that was just an attempt to keep a handle on my potty mouth. ;P I tend to say the real word sometimes instead.

Maria
          Participant

I can’t stand the modern excuses for art either – things that little kids or animals could do, or uninventive reproductions of the same concept over and over with only slight changes made to them. Minimalism and nihilism is very annoying. Modern architecture gets me too. It all has to be avantgarde and sleek and functional and just ends up ugly and space inefficient.

Nightcrow
            Participant

WATERCOLORS!

Only because they hate me, though.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

frozendragon
              Participant

OK… the big canvases that are one solid color… then a different colored cirle or square or poop looking object in the middle… and that’s it…

ugh.. annoying…

and one specific abstract thing that some little 4 yr old girl did in oil… looked like green vomit and she called it a forest and it sold for like $40,000… WTF.. I have done abstract and some of it’s cool.. but you can actually see something in it.. and it’s got texture…

not vomit looking… and honestly… I think it’s worth more than that little girl’s painting.. but I don’t see $40,000 being thrown at me…

oh… and did I mention.. it looks like POOP.. 😈

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I really like organic abstracts, but that’s usually the only kind of abstract I like.

Murals are daunting. I think they are beautiful- but I know that, like Melody, I would hate doing them. Too big!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

frozendragon
                  Participant

I’ve done a couple murals… can’t find the pictures of them though…

SPark
                    Participant

There are kinds of art that I enjoy more than others, but honestly I don’t think I’ve ever met art I actively disliked.

Although I suppose the thing that comes closest is (don’t kill me) Thomas Kinkade. Not even so much because I don’t like the art, but because I’m not sure it IS art, and even if it is, I don’t like the business practices behind it.

This is what I mean, if you don’t know.

I could enjoy his stuff in a “Eh, it’s kind of bland but pretty” way if it weren’t for how it’s hyped far beyond its artistic merits, and how the artist appears to care about nothing but making more money.

frozendragon
                      Participant

Isn’t it surprising how many people don’t actually know how most of the stuff sold is actually done…

I remember going to an art show in Grande Prairie College (man that was a cool building, it’s all curvy and stuff http://www.gprc.ab.ca).

Anyway, there was this white canvas, with a red stripe. I think it was called Angst, and ya…. My brother could have done that and he doesn’t have a lick of artistic talent.

I love the stuff Colin’s mother does. She’s good. Realistic stuff, she painted Colin when he was doing biathalon and… wow it looks like a picture. Actually they both do. That woman is a machine, 7 paintings in 6 months. 😯 Before she would get maybe 2 a year done.[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.