fbpx

So now that this week is over

Home Forums Miscellany Community So now that this week is over

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

please tell me yours was better than mine!!

In short:
    -40 or more all week!
    water in my place froze SOLID, thankfully I work in a hotel and have the best boss in the world!!
    Furnace also broke, again -40, and it almost started our place on fire, thankfully Kory was awakened by the strange sounds it was making before it died!
    and to top that all off my truck broke too, the upside was that it was only a loose wire and only cost 100 bucks to fix, but still 2 days without it sucked butt!!

Ok so this year has gone downhill… fast and we are flying to Vegas, tickets were bought before the dog broke, LOL, and if things get worse I may not make it home ๐Ÿ˜› .

Adaneth
    Participant

Yes, mine was better than yours, but that really isn’t saying much. ๐Ÿ™ Hope things get better for you (and you have a FANTASTIC time in Vegas!)

Katherine
      Participant

I am so sorry about that!
        My week has also been tough-almost as bad as yours, but I have had some perks too, so it has balanced out! Just keep on thinking, “VEGAS!” 8)
        Have fun there!

lamortefille
        Participant

I agree…keep on thinking Vegas! I wish I had plane tickets. We are in the middle of a snow storm here (expecting up to 20 inches), but I still can’t imagine -40!

Skigod377
          Participant

Oh, Ruff, you need to come to hawaii. Nothing freezes unless its in the freezer.

Mine was certainly better. We’re on half days at work so now I only do nothing for half the day instead of the whole day and I got to see Avatar last night. Awesome, by the way. Hope vegas is better. I love that place! Give the dog a cookie, fo sho!

LadyFirebird
            Participant

I would agree–my week was better than yours–even with finding out how I stand with my boss–but my car is still running, my furnance is too, my pets [knock on wood] are healthy, and yes, it seems like this miserable year wants to go out with a nasty bang! Hope you make it to Vegas and have some fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley
              Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Oh, Ruff, you need to come to hawaii. Nothing freezes unless its in the freezer.

Even the Toronto area is better! I hope you can get your home back. Get warm in Vegas. I’m sending hot and warming thoughts your way!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

darjeb
                Participant

It rained and rained and rained here. The ground got so wet my 12′ tall inflatable Santa fell over because the stakes that hold him to the ground pulled up from the mud. It took 2 days for it to dry out enough to get him back up. One of my neighbors decided to be funny and sent me an email night before last saying “Where is he”. But rain is aways better than snow and ice – YEA FLORIDA – also the jacuzzi overflowed with all the rain and I need to bail some of the water out but if that’s the worst that happens to me that is not bad at all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.