fbpx

So Mimi, tell me a little about yourself!

Home Forums Miscellany Community So Mimi, tell me a little about yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

well, here is the painting I love. I started taking pics and realized my walls are covered in pics!! I have two Armani posters in the bedroom (My 2nd fav thing to collect) and a set of three (that I got a sweet deal on) up above my couch. There are a few others…sketches and such…but the following are my favorites:

Antonio Devitti

The horsie pics I had commisioned from an awesome girl!:

A repro of Bonheur (sp?) The Horse Fair:

And an Armani LE print:

I try not to have my house too “little girl horsie” but lots of my sculptures and pics have horses in them. Its a way to still be surrounded by horses but not make it obvious. πŸ˜‰

What do your walls look like? Are they covered, too?

lamortefille
      Participant

I especially like the last one. It’d definitely not “little girl horsie”. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
        Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Thanks! I’ve got the sculpture in my bedroom…its HUGE and the stupid box burned up in the fire. I have no idea if its gonna survive shipping when I move πŸ˜• . I think its quite romantic…*Siiigh* I think I need to go read a racy novel πŸ˜‰

lamortefille
          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Thanks! I’ve got the sculpture in my bedroom…its HUGE and the stupid box burned up in the fire. I have no idea if its gonna survive shipping when I move πŸ˜• . I think its quite romantic…*Siiigh* I think I need to go read a racy novel πŸ˜‰

The sculpture must be awesome, indeed! Maybe when you move, you can find a place that does professional packing? lol @ the racy novel. Are your bf and VS order due to arrive soon? πŸ˜‰

Skigod377
            Participant

Not soon enough!

skigod377 wrote:

well, here is the painting I love. I started taking pics and realized my walls are covered in pics!! I have two Armani posters in the bedroom (My 2nd fav thing to collect) and a set of three (that I got a sweet deal on) up above my couch. There are a few others…sketches and such…but the following are my favorites:

Antonio Devitti

The horsie pics I had commisioned from an awesome girl!:

A repro of Bonheur (sp?) The Horse Fair:

And an Armani LE print:

I try not to have my house too “little girl horsie” but lots of my sculptures and pics have horses in them. Its a way to still be surrounded by horses but not make it obvious. πŸ˜‰
              Oooh…those are nice paintings. I especially like the horse head in the lower right of those pictures that you commissioned. Who’s the artist? The sculpture of the last painting would be really neat to see. Show us a pic!

skigod377 wrote:

What do your walls look like? Are they covered, too?

My walls are completely covered too…but they’re all of landscapes and science fiction type stuff. I’ll take some pictures later…

Skigod377
              Participant

You can find her on Ebay. Her seller name is Jrobyn, I believe, though she does not sell too frequently. I have the terra cotta version (1101T). I would prefer the real color version, but it was too pricey. Oh well…I like this one well enough and it matches my decor.

lamortefille
                Participant

Yup, it’s awesome!! I haven’t seen the colored version to compare, but the neutral colors look great and fit in anywhere.

Ditto! That’s such a dramatic sculpture.

I like all of your paintings Ski. I espically like the 2nd ones and the last one and that sculpture is amazing.

Skigod377
                  Participant

Thank you! The girl who did them used to sell on Ebay pretty often. She has tapered off alot lately. Some of her pieces I really wish I would have sniped. They were awesome. Who knows…maybe they will pop up again one day…

I bet they will pop up when you least expect it. hehe

Aw, Jrobyn isn’t showing up on ebay. πŸ™

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

mimitrek wrote:

I think that’s fantastic! Are you going to help paint some of the squirrel sculptures that they’re putting around the city? I’d love to see some pictures of that sculpture. πŸ˜€

Alas, no… I live 800+ miles from there now, and the art is for local residents only! I don’t think they are done yet, I’ll take photos when they put them up around town (and I’m visiting my family)!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Great! Those will be neat to see.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.