fbpx

So, did a forum member win this?

Home Forums Miscellany Community So, did a forum member win this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mother-DRAGON-w-Baby-Print-Windstones-Artist-PENA-1981_W0QQitemZ270298836555QQihZ017QQcategoryZ35865QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I LOVE this print. How adorable are those babies? <3 I bid and lost of course though.

Anyone we know win this? If so, can we see pictures! ^.^

Leigha
      Participant

Copper83
        Participant

I was bidding on it too, but I didn’t win it. I would have loved to have it to go with the male dragon print that I have. It just went a lot higher than I was willing to go.

Jasmine
          Participant

I bid and lost too. Just can’t spend that much with Christmas shopping to be done.

siberakh1
            Participant

I wanted to see who won that one as well, and the male dragon print. I only bid on (and won) the unicorn one.

Maria
              Participant

Congrats, siberakh. I was surprised at how high the one print went.

Purplecat
                Participant

me too….I got mine for $15….but I think I got lucky, as it was mislabeled. πŸ™‚ It is an awesome print though, and well worth having, congrats to whomever won it! πŸ˜€

Melissa
                  Participant

Holy flying mackerel, I have a beltbuckle that looks just like that print. 😯

Off to report to John I guess.

Jasmine
                    Participant

Maplecarver wrote:

Oops… πŸ˜†

Maria
                      Participant

Maplecarver wrote:

Really? Can we see a photo?

Melissa
                        Participant

Of course.

I thought it was a nicer than average design when I bought it, now I know why… πŸ˜›

Maplecarver wrote:

Of course.

I thought it was a nicer than average design when I bought it, now I know why… πŸ˜›

it looks a bit similar but i would have to say its not a rip off. when it comes to mystical creatures your gonna have quite a few similar looking representations.

Melissa
                          Participant

I would say the pose and the babies taken alone could be coincidence, just as every curled up western dragon isn’t a Mother. But the scale pattern and wing shape is extremely close.

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

Maplecarver wrote:

I would say the pose and the babies taken alone could be coincidence, just as every curled up western dragon isn’t a Mother. But the scale pattern and wing shape is extremely close.

My thoughts exactly. I see several similarities but at the same time I see some differences – like they intentionally changed some things hoping people wouldn’t recognize where the inspiration for the piece came from. No matter what it can’t hurt to send a photo of the belt buckle along with any details you might have about it (manufacturer’s name or where you bought it) to John so he can have the final say on it.

Melissa
                              Participant

Yup, I sent him the info.

It’s a bit of a shame. Whoever made that, clearly had enough technical skill that they could have come up with something very nice by themselves. Or have learned to. πŸ˜•

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.