fbpx

Snow!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Snow!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Happy first snowfall!!! Weird weather,’went from high 80’s yesterday to a dusting of snow…

tdm 🙂

tdm

Linda
      Participant

We went from 90 degrees with 97% humidity to 76 degrees with 40% humidity. The windows are out and it feel so nice here.

dragonmedley
        Participant

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kim
          Blocked

Well today (yesterday now) was also a weird weather day here in Calgary, Alberta. It was a nice sunny day and warm (about 20 degrees C or 68 F) and I was walking downtown in a t-shirt until around dinner time when it started getting cold and windy. I went to a dance at night and it was spitting cold rain that was like snow but melted when it hit the ground. It is about 2 degrees C now (or 36 degrees F) with what they call snow showers.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Falcolf
            Participant

No sign of snow here in British Columbia yet… I’ve heard people say that we’re going to get the mother load while other people say we’re going to get zip – as a result I don’t trust ANYBODY. I am hoping for loads though! 😀 Last year was just depressing. I felt bad because we had a ton of tourists come from Australia to ski our slopes, most of whom probably saved for years to make the trip (dat plane flight is pricyyyy) but we had no snow for them to ski. I really hope it’s different this year – the ski resorts need their powder! (I don’t personally ski or snowboard or even snowshoe but I like walking in it and looking at it. I just feel for the resort people who depend on the snow.)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Mercury Star
              Participant

Yeah, it was like that here in Alaska, too, Falcof, we had a rather snowless winter last year. As for this year, we did already get some snow here in the Anchorage Municipality, but it was rather slushy, and it has since melted.

PrairieVixen
                Participant

I’m so jealous of all of you folks’ snow! I’d take it all if I could. I’ve been desperately waiting for fall to arrive and it’s nearly here, but summer keeps trying to hold on still. I actually get summer depression. I’d prefer -20ºF anyday over the 80’s. If I could live somewhere where summer only lasted a month at most, I’d be happy as could be. One of these days we’ll eventually get the chance to move further north. It’s something I look forward to with anticipation everyday.

.*ºSearching for Spectrals and Rising Spectrals in all patterns and colors!º*.

Adaneth
                  Participant

I’m so jealous of all of you folks’ snow! I’d take it all if I could. I’ve been desperately waiting for fall to arrive and it’s nearly here, but summer keeps trying to hold on still. I actually get summer depression. I’d prefer -20ºF anyday over the 80’s. If I could live somewhere where summer only lasted a month at most, I’d be happy as could be. One of these days we’ll eventually get the chance to move further north. It’s something I look forward to with anticipation everyday.

I have summer depression too, which makes me VERY grateful I live in Minnesota! We don’t usually get snow until November, though. I’m loving the fact it’s autumn and I can get outside for long hikes again. 🙂

JynXx
                    Participant

It’s actually cool here in Cali today… in the low 60’s, and we’ve still been hitting the 80s+ most days. I, too, have Summer depression. Autumn/Winter are my favorite times of the year! My boyfriend and I are seriously considering eventually moving to Northern Oregon/Washington.. maybe even farther. I love BC.

Being curled up in a large, comfy chair with a hot mug of my favorite cocoa [mint, pumpkin or raspberry] and a good book next to a roaring fire, wrapped in my plushy blanket… or cuddled up next to my boyfriend.. is only one of my favorite things about cold weather.

You can always put more layers on! Can only take so much off before you’re wearing nothing at all, and you’re still too hot and risking injury.

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
                      ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                      ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                      ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
                      ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                      ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                      ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Kim
                      Blocked

PrairieVixen, you would like Calgary then if you want to move north! Some years we get like two months of summer. It can snow here any month of the year, even in June or August. I don’t think I have seen snow in July though but it snowed in May for my birthday once. Some years it is a bit milder and we don’t get a lot of snow like Falcoff mentioned about B.C. but other years we have snow from Sept. to June. The majority of our winters range from 0 degrees to minus 30 degrees celcius. I on the other hand am not a fan of cold or snow so am not sure why I have lived in Calgary my whole life. I love being warm and would even wear sweaters in the summer! I would love to live somewhere tropical near the equator!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Here in Mackenzie,BC I’m fully expecting snow any second now!!! Yikes it’s getting cold and since we moved here weather shifts so fast!

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

NAAAAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

jmoore
                          Participant

Y’all can keep all your snow, and I’ll just stay down here in the Sunshine State, thank you! 🙂 I lived for many years up north and had my fill of snow and ice and cold, grey skies.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.