fbpx

Snape – Good or Bad?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Snape – Good or Bad?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

My Rihmond Windstone Store “Creatures and Crooks” is having a Midnight costume party that I am going to. I am thinking of even making a Buckbeak or Sirius in Dog form suit to wear that night! ++dork meter is high++

Bob

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

did I hear it was coming out in July??

July 21st, you can pre-order copies from Barnes and Noble on their web site!

WOW the day before my birthday!! I have not read any of them yet though. I’ve been to busy with all my charity work. I step down from this title on July 14th so maybe I will have some free time then

Melody
      Keymaster

I think hes gotta be good, or Dumbledore wouldn’t of trusted him. He needs to appear evil to ingratiate himself with You-Know-Who, in order to infiltrate the enemy camp.

SPark
        Participant

I’ve always seen him as kind of… he’s mostly a good person, doesn’t like Voldemort, etc, etc, etc, but he’s human too, and he’s got his bad side, which he lets out in being basically nasty to anybody he doesn’t like. (Which is why he’s so hard hard on Harry, of course.)

Also, have any of you guys been to the official J.K. Rowling website? It’s really neat!

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

SPark wrote:

I’ve always seen him as kind of… he’s mostly a good person, doesn’t like Voldemort, etc, etc, etc, but he’s human too, and he’s got his bad side, which he lets out in being basically nasty to anybody he doesn’t like. (Which is why he’s so hard hard on Harry, of course.)

Also, have any of you guys been to the official J.K. Rowling website? It’s really neat!

I swear my mom lives on that website…… πŸ™„

I was hoping that it would come out 7/7/07. Is that when the movie comes out?

Arlla
            Participant

I havn’t even read the rest of this thread yet, but I just want to say that if Rowling actually writes Snape as all bad, it’ll be her biggest mistake.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
              -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
              Participant

Alright now I’ve read the rest! πŸ˜› I will be REALLY upset if it turns out that the kids were really right and only they could see what the adults mysteriously couldn’t in Snape – that he was really honestly all bad and totally on Voldie’s side. If that happens, it takes a WHOLE lot away from who Dumbledore was, not to mention who Snape has been till now.

And I’m with Vantid – I vote that Snape is delicious!

I’m waffling – whenever I preorder from Amazon, the book doesn’t get here until late afternoon…but it’s probably a lot cheaper from them than from Barnes & Noble….hmm..

-J R R Tolkien

I thought amazon and Barnes and Noble were affiliated with each other?

I guess even if they are it doesn’t mean the price match everything.

And yeah…what you all have said about Snape. He’s good, dern it!

Melody
                Keymaster

Hey Vantid, We will be home next week, in case you are wondering where we are! Is Mouth still loosing his fur? Want me to bring your skinned vole home?
                  Snape is a creep.

I agree – Snape is a creep. Although I did feel sorry for him in that scene with Harry’s dad and his 2 friends after they took the test…which is what is so great about J.K.’s writing – her characters tend to be complex and human and not perfect. Except for Dudley, the obnoxious little twit.

Whippet, I think it’s great you might go in costume. I vote for Buckbeak since I have a ferret with that name (got the suggestion from this very forum).

Melody wrote:

Hey Vantid, We will be home next week, in case you are wondering where we are! Is Mouth still loosing his fur? Want me to bring your skinned vole home?
                  Snape is a creep.

Susie told me that John has a thing on Monday. Take yer time, I’m enjoying keeping the house clean and the animals undead. Greg’s been fixing stuff…

Did you not see my Gmail stuff I sent you?!

And I’ve love the vole skin! And is it possible to bring that big Rembrandt book back, too? I know it’s a huge book, but I’d love to molest it for a while.

We all love Snape because he’s a creep. πŸ˜€

vantid wrote:

Melody wrote:

Snape is a creep.

Susie told me that John has a thing on Monday. Take yer time, I’m enjoying keeping the house clean and the animals undead. Greg’s been fixing stuff…

Did you not see my Gmail stuff I sent you?!

And I’ve love the vole skin! And is it possible to bring that big Rembrandt book back, too? I know it’s a huge book, but I’d love to molest it for a while.

We all love Snape because he’s a creep. πŸ˜€

You guys are really staying on topic here, ain’t ya? For my bid I’m saying I bet Snape would love a salted vole skin. Probably great for potion making.

From a technical, writerly point of view, it would be lame story-telling if Snape turned out to be really evil–but then again, I’m betting there’s a heck of a lot we don’t know about stuff that will be revealed in the 7th book–it’s possible for JKR to put something in that would change that and make it NOT lame for him to be evil. So it’s hard to predict.

Arlla
                  Participant

Hey, I want a vole skin! πŸ˜›

-J R R Tolkien

ddvm wrote:

I agree – Snape is a creep. Although I did feel sorry for him in that scene with Harry’s dad and his 2 friends after they took the test…which is what is so great about J.K.’s writing – her characters tend to be complex and human and not perfect. Except for Dudley, the obnoxious little twit.

Was that scene in one of the movies?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.