fbpx

Size comparison between PYO unicorn and production unicorns?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Size comparison between PYO unicorn and production unicorns?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

I don’t own any regular production unicorns yet, sadly, if someone could post photos of any of the adult unicorns next to a PYO uni I’d love to see them!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

etruscan
      Participant

Melody took this one when the PYO unicorn was first introduced (from Melody’s gallery):

Landipan
        Participant

Oh, thank you! I hadn’t thought to check Melody’s gallery!

*Formerly meowmix101

etruscan
          Participant

If anyone is interested, Melody also took a picture of the PYO keeper, Emperor, and Secret Keeper together:

The PYO keeper and the Male dragon:

The PYO unicorn and the Mother Pegasus:

and the PYO griffin and PYO kirin with a special horn. She said, “I painted this griffin with stuff from the kitchen. He’s got paprika, saffron, tumeric, some strong coffee and cherries rubbed on him. Boy does he stink! Don’t use coffee.”

Marianne
            Participant

I’m curious if the sculpt material is the same for PYOs and the regular items. Are they solid or are they hollow? do they have felt on the bottom? sorry for sounding like I’m such a noob. πŸ™‚

Prezaurian
              Participant

I believe the gypsum is the same between the production pieces and the PYO pieces. All pieces have felt pads, though with the PYOs you have to stick it on yourself. All the pieces are solid, regardless of if they are production or PYO. They tend to be quite hefty sculptures.

Landipan
                Participant

I’m curious if the sculpt material is the same for PYOs and the regular items. Are they solid or are they hollow? do they have felt on the bottom? sorry for sounding like I’m such a noob. πŸ™‚

Both PYOs and production critters are made Gypsum, and they’re sold. The PYOs come with a felt that you can stick on after you’re finished painting. And there’s no shame in asking questions, just about everyone here loves to help out new painters in the world of PYOs!! ^___^

*Formerly meowmix101

Marianne
                  Participant

Thanks for the info, meow mix & prez. πŸ™‚ just waiting to get a cheque to buy a couple. πŸ™‚

etruscan
                    Participant

My Golden Girls were happy to pose this morning. πŸ™‚ “Palomino #2” by Melody and “Apple Jack” by Hannah:

Melody
                      Keymaster

Our pyos are made exactly the same as the production ones, just not painted.
                        They will come with a peel-and-stick felt pad that you can sign and apply to the bottom when your piece is finished.

There is often confusion about what these things are made of, because most people are more familiar with unfinished hollow ceramic pieces that you can glaze and fire in a kiln.
                        Our PYO’s are made of gypsum, a different material, that doesn’t require firing. You just paint ’em with regular acrylic paint.
                        Please feel free to ask any questions you have! We love it.

Hannah
                        Participant

My Golden Girls were happy to pose this morning. πŸ™‚ “Palomino #2” by Melody and “Apple Jack” by Hannah:

Oh my gosh, I didn’t even recognize her at first!! It’s been years! These pics look way better than the ones I originally took XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

etruscan
                          Participant

More reference photos – “Zhenga” by purpleturtle and the grulla unicorns. πŸ™‚

Slate grulla male unicorn

“Grulla” test paint young unicorn and silver grulla baby

The whole gang – silver grulla mother unicorn, silver grulla baby, “Grulla” test paint young, Zhenga, slate grulla male, slate grulla baby.

The plant stand wasn’t happy about the weight, but it held.

Kim
                            Blocked

Nice photo! It’s cool seeing all of them together like that! I like the size of the pyo unicorn! I have two of them I really should paint!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Landipan
                              Participant

I love that group grulla pic! I really wish I had gotten the grulla foals!

*Formerly meowmix101

Falcolf
                                Participant

If anyone is interested, Melody also took a picture of the PYO keeper, Emperor, and Secret Keeper together:

Good lord the emperor is huge, I had no idea! I can’t believe I ever thought that the PYO keeper was enormous. (I knew the Secret Keeper was a titan though.) Is the kirin the same size as the little PYO dragon?

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.