fbpx

Silver Rising Spectral? maybe Silver orientals…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Silver Rising Spectral? maybe Silver orientals…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

Oh no! Really?! Maybe if that’s the case, they could change them up somehow? Give them teal eyes instead of blue…or make them darker with more black? I’d love a silver OW too so count my SQUEEK in ๐Ÿ˜€

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

My arguement is that if the only silver OWs are prototypes, then regular OWs should be okay? The prototypes remain special because they are just that… prototypes. Theyve never been sold in the store. And they are coveted for that no matter what.

*begs for silver OWs*

WolfenMachine
        Participant

Indeed, BUT to a lot of people, if they could get the same color on a very similar looking dragon, that’s good enough. I think someone tried selling their Black Gold prototype OW, after the BG OW’s became production…and mind you the prototype OW’s went for a preeety penny-and who ever was selling it, didn’t end up selling it (I think they were asking $1200, which is about what they went for)

Personally, I’d rather have a $260 BG OW as opposed to a signed, prototype BG OW for $1000…but that’s just me. I’m positive there are people who would disagree with me. I just like the OW’s on ebay because they’re in different and unique colors, not because they’re signed (although that is definatly a cool thing to have-a dragon hand signed by the artist ;))

And too, I think it has to do with the rarity of an item. If there are only 12 silver OW’s…supply and demand-there’s a lot of us that want one, but only 12 people that could get one. If they were production, they wouldn’t be rare anymore. And the rarity of a piece drives the price up as well as like-ability.

also-certainly no offense meant to anyone-just stating my personal opinion ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jennifer
          Keymaster

I think someone tried selling their Black Gold prototype OW, after the BG OW’s became production…and mind you the prototype OW’s went for a preeety penny-and who ever was selling it, didn’t end up selling it (I think they were asking $1200, which is about what they went for)

Yeah, there were some folks rather upset about that. It’s part of the risk of eBay but I think during the first auctions there was a lot of misunderstanding about how rare a piece would be (or if it would stay rare).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

AH!!! That’s a good point!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Meaning the good point was that they were prototypes. I sold my Black and Gold prototype for $1000 actually, but they came out after the production ones I thought.

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Lupuslunae
                Participant

Can’t wait for those silver young dragons now!
                  Had another windstone dream since I’m craving; I dreamed I found a rainbow sun dragon at an estate sale. His name was Mr. Skittles and I put him on my desk and he could talk and would give me good homework advice…
                  I’m not crazy. But I’ve got a fever, and the only prescription is more windstone dragons!

Azurielle
                  Participant

Still dreaming of a silver fledgie to go with my gold one. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keeper of the Fledgings

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

ROFL! … Mr Skittles

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

OMG!! YES!! RAINBOW SUN DRAGON!!!!

I think a pale rainbow would suit him nicely-like the rainbows you see on a puddle of water with oil on the top.

Lupus, your brain works in wonderful ways! ๐Ÿ˜€

Barbara
                        Participant

I hoarding gift certificates for a silver fledgling!

I’m brokenhearted over the no more silver OWs thing. My most recent bounty on one of the prototypes was $2k cash and not even a peep. Whomever has those, they intend to hang onto them. Good for them, sad for the rest of us that are rabid for one. ๐Ÿ™

Looking forward to seeing more silver in the store. That’s my favorite color so far.

Lupuslunae
                          Participant

LOL Mr Skittles was with me in spirit. 100% on the midterm =D

Heather
                            Participant

I would love to see silver OWs too as a limited production. Could something be done with changing eye color? Or perhaps the way to go would be to make some other alteration to the paint styling. I’m thinking along the lines of what they did with the two versions of the Gold Lap. There were the butter-yellow ones that resembled actual gold, and then the brassy ones that looked more like the production Golds. If an LP batch of Silver OWs was produced that had darker shading, or the inclusion of some other color entirely like steely blue highlights, then perhaps they could look different enough from the earlier ones to smooth the matter over. Just a thought.

Personally, I’m fond enough of the the Silver coloration and the OW sculpt to not mind a bit if the scheme was tweaked in either of the above directions. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pam

I thought that the silver prototype OW wasn’t exactly the same color as our production silver dragons…?

Also, it looks like he has medium blue eyes, instead of light blue.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.