/sigh….seriously….migraine rant, you don't have to read

Home Forums Miscellany Community /sigh….seriously….migraine rant, you don't have to read

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

Oh god don’t even get me STARTED on PD and Danny’s situation….I’m so ready to go over there and beat some heads it….seriously…. I feel SO horrible for what’s happening to them! And they’re paying for it! Me, I’ve got the VA medical system, and since I’m a 70% disabled veteran I get free health care for the rest of my life. So I expect that it’s not going to be perfect, and if I REALLY need something done, I can always go to a private doctor and pay for it. It’s nice to have the choice. And honestly, I like figguring stuff out for myself. It gives mea much better understanding of what’s really going on, and I can help facilitate the process. I mean really, I shouldn’t complain too much about sitting in the ER for 3 hours just for a shot of demerol, and 5 hours to have a CT scan and a shot of Demerol really isn’t that bad, but for me it’s just easier to stay at home where it’s dark and quiet and wait out the migraines rather than go to the ER. But honestly the VA isn’t that bad, with the exception of the neurology clinic ( ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ) they’ve been really good about getting me appointments and treating me properly.

As for the ER doc not wanting to see me, it’s not like there’s much more they could have done for me other than an IV demerol drip, but that really isn’t feasable, so his suggestion was really the most reasonable. I just think it’s funny.

Anonymous

Ever do redirection?

Usually your brain focuses on the worst pain your body. So when I have a bad headache for no reason, and yes, it’s horrible and ugly but it works so whatever.. I’ll hit myself in the head with a chair, or a maglite, or whatever is handy and won’t break.

I find that A> then the brain re-focuses and the new pain is much easier to deal with and B> for some reason I can much more readily accept and calm down with the pain that I have a reason for, as opposed to the headache which I don’t know what the cause is.

I am the calmest .. most patient person in the world.. right up until my breaking point… then I will flip and pick up an entire desk and throw it across the room. So pain redirection is good.

I hope your migraine is better. I want to go out there and smack that woman! (ok, maybe not if she has a brain issue.) I know how smells can aggravate a condition. *hugs*

Are you on any blood thinning medications?

If not you could try a product called Nattokinase…it’s supposed to improve blood flow and I read testimonies about it greatly helping headaches (and in some people stopping them) I remember one case with a woman who suffered with headaches for years and this was the only thing that worked for her.

If you’re curious look it up! Can’t hurt to try, hm?

Hope you feel better real soon!!

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

Dragons4Life wrote:

If not you could try a product called Nattokinase…it’s supposed to improve blood flow and I read testimonies about it greatly helping headaches (and in some people stopping them) I remember one case with a woman who suffered with headaches for years and this was the only thing that worked for her.

They suggested blood thinners once… but I have a history of REALLY low blood pressure so they thought it might be too dangerous. Good thought tho!

Actualy there’s not much they haven’t tried as a profilactic (preventative), to include post heart attack medication (basicaly to enlarge the vascular system for easier blood flow), anti depressants (been on a LOT of different ones of those, and they didn’t work for migraines when I was on them, ever). And a few other things I can’t remember…

Ya, at this point I’m just hoping that labotimies will come back in style. XD

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

And thank all of you for the well wishes and suggestions. Maybe someone will come up with something that I or my docs haven’t tried before and hey, what’s it gonna hurt to try!

Thank all of you too for listening, I know it seems like we all post a lot of problems and issues, but really sometimes just getting stuff out in the open makes us feel better (and maybe not kill something) ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Love and hugs!

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

P.S. Notes to live by: Don’t read Shel Silverstein esque poetry with a migraine…..Unless you thing that scrambling already scrambled eggs is healthy ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Dragons4Life wrote:

They suggested blood thinners once… but I have a history of REALLY low blood pressure so they thought it might be too dangerous. Good thought tho!

Actualy there’s not much they haven’t tried as a profilactic (preventative), to include post heart attack medication (basicaly to enlarge the vascular system for easier blood flow), anti depressants (been on a LOT of different ones of those, and they didn’t work for migraines when I was on them, ever). And a few other things I can’t remember…

I don’t know if you understood what I was saying but Nattokinase is not a drug, it’s a natural herb/enzyme product. They only warn that you should not use it if you are on blood thinners, because it naturally thins the blood.
              If you are not on blood thinning meds, you could try this and see if it helps your headaches. Since they suggested blood thinners anyway, this could be a natural way to do it without the harmful side effects of the drugs. Of course I’m not a doc so you’d have to read about it and make your own conclusions.
              Just look up Nattokinase in a search engine you’ll find tons of stuff on it.

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

Dragons4Life wrote:

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Dragons4Life wrote:

I don’t know if you understood what I was saying but Nattokinase is not a drug, it’s a natural herb/enzyme product. They only warn that you should not use it if you are on blood thinners, because it naturally thins the blood.
                If you are not on blood thinning meds, you could try this and see if it helps your headaches. Since they suggested blood thinners anyway, this could be a natural way to do it without the harmful side effects of the drugs. Of course I’m not a doc so you’d have to read about it and make your own conclusions.
                Just look up Nattokinase in a search engine you’ll find tons of stuff on it.

Oh…ya, my bad…Ya I guess I didn’t completely read your first post… ๐Ÿ˜ณ I’m sorry, it all just kind of blurred together >.<

Anyway, I will definitely ask my doc about it see if he’s heard of it. My dad, who also gets really bad migraines, has been pushing me to take this stuff called Migralief, but the pills are HUGE and I’ve got a horrible pill gag reflex…It’s hard enough taking an itty bitty birth control pill every morning, much less a bitter tasting horse pill. :nea: but I’ll look into it =P I think I could suffer some pills to get rid of the pain at this point >.<

Anonymous

Mash it up with a pestle and drop it in some water.

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

Adraenyse wrote:

Mash it up with a pestle and drop it in some water.

๐Ÿ˜ฎ :puke: :puke: :shout:

Anonymous

Geeze, use a LARGE glass of water then, you wouldn’t even be able to taste it.

Or do you not like water? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Use milk.. that would hide it for sure.

Maybe you just want us to sit on you and make you take it. Oh yeah… FLOGGERS!

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

Adraenyse wrote:

Geeze, use a LARGE glass of water then, you wouldn’t even be able to taste it.

Or do you not like water? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Use milk.. that would hide it for sure.

Maybe you just want us to sit on you and make you take it. Oh yeah… FLOGGERS!

Milk intolerance, makes me throw up…cheese is fine for some reason tho…

And no flogging to the behind plx…I had a REALLY bad role playing experience go wrong with a pair of horse hoblers….I got the ring end…kind of like these, except the ring was like 3″ in diamiter and like a 0 gage…

Anonymous

… dare I ask …

NirvanaCat13
                          Participant

Adraenyse wrote:

… dare I ask …

Let’s just say the bruises were so deep they lasted for over 2 months….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.