/sigh….seriously….migraine rant, you don't have to read

Home Forums Miscellany Community /sigh….seriously….migraine rant, you don't have to read

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

Ok…..So I’ve literaly had constant migraines for the last week and a half, sometimes they’re not so bad that I can wander around the house, but others have me bed ridden and wanting to take a half inch drill bit to my skull. I’ve been on a LOT of vicodin, and taking my imitrex…sometimes…because it only works half the time for about an hour then I get a rebound headache. K so migraines themselves are horrible. NOW, add Chase credit cards calling me up to 8 times a day from 8 AM to 9 PM to try and collect money that I don’t have untill next month, for which I’ve ALREADY set up a payment plan with them, which I can’t officialy start untill next month when I get money for them. They have called me 25 times in the last 12 days and I’ve spoken with 3 different people, two of which I was in so much pain from my headaches that I broke down crying and just snot sobbing into the phone. Not really griping about the CC, it’s taken care of, but being called that much doesn’t do a god blessed good thing when you’re trying to sleep off a migraine that keeps you from sleeping anyway… Ok, so I call my doctor’s office to make an appointment about these migraines. The EARLIEST he can see me is Nov. 6…great…so I ask the receptionist to have him call me so I can at least see if he’ll get the referal out to the nurology department at the VA started. So he calls me back today, awesome. Says “I want you to go to the ER for a CT scan to rule out a subdural hematoma. (Last month I took a nasty nasty bump to the head and went to the ER to make sure I didn’t have a concussion, which is why my doc wanted the CT) K, great, I might die, awesome…..I HATE going to the ER when I have a migraine. I’m there forever, they DON’T have a nice dark quiet room for me to hide in, and by the time they give me something for the headache it’s much worst than if I’d stayed home and taken vicodin and curled up in bed. At least it’s dark and I can sort of maintain quiet at home. But hey, for a possible life threatening hematoma I’ll suffer. So Louis gets home from school and we turn right around and he takes me to the VA. We get there about 5:30 PM. We JUST got home about half an hour ago. So I’m sitting in the waiting room with the TV blasting The Peoples Court for 45 minutes before they take my vitals, then I’m moved into the ER general and thankfully they gave me the bed in the far corner of the room, but it really doesn’t matter, because ya, curtains are going to keep the noise out, and it’s god awful bright in there due to my headache…So I finaly got my demerol shot a little after 11 PM and was discharged about a half hour later. CT scan normal, I’m not gonna die, demerol doesn’t really do much for the headache, I just don’t care as much. So, we get home….I smell something burning…..well crap…I check the dryer (which Louis’ mom has left running unattended) but that’s not it. Go check the oven….Oh how LOVELY she decided to clean the frikkin OVEN……SERIOUSLY after I’ve had migraines for a week and a half and I got to the ER, and she, and I quote: “Oh Crap….I didn’t even think about it” cleans the oven and makes the whole house smell like burning oil and grease. INSTANT way to knock me out of a demerol induced stupor. Now I’m wide awake my head is killing me and I can’t beat the living crap out of anything. I MEAN COME ON!!! You have got to be KIDDING ME….Cleaning the damn oven….now….because “oh I forgot that you’ve been sick in your room and haven’t left the house in a week and a half and every time I see you you look like hell and it needed to be cleaned” GHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„

So help me if I don’t give myself a frontal labotomy to keep from killing this woman. And I really can’t say a damn thing because she has this brain injury that screws with her memory and I want to punch a baby……….I’m gonna go cry now…..

And if you’ve read this whole thing, I commend you, there’s no need to respond, I’m not looking for sympathy, I just really really really needed to get it off my chest and write this where someone would see it….diaries just don’t cut it for me….

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

Oh dear. I wonder if I should send you fresh vegitabobbles instead of chocolate. I did read that cannabis should be rather helpful in dulling the pain…

sending Very careful gentle Hugs. Just a thought but have you been tested for allergies? My sister had migraines for years and when they finally checked for allergies found that she was allergic to corn. Once she cut anything with corn syrup, grain etc. out she got better. Still has them occasionally but not nearly as bad.

lamortefille
          Participant

I’m so sorry for you and I do hope you feel better soon. *hugs quietly*

I love the spectrum of suggestions so far… – corn, + cannabis. πŸ˜† Maybe it will work! Corn is legal in CA, right? Oh wait, we’re avoiding corn. 😈

Setsunawolf
            Participant

Ouch. Hope you fell better soon.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

And nevermind….I accidentaly deleted my story and don’t feel like retyping it. πŸ™„

Edit for stupidity….

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

khat7 wrote:

sending Very careful gentle Hugs. Just a thought but have you been tested for allergies? My sister had migraines for years and when they finally checked for allergies found that she was allergic to corn. Once she cut anything with corn syrup, grain etc. out she got better. Still has them occasionally but not nearly as bad.

Ya I had the slew of allergy tests done, where they make all those little marks on your arms and back and see which ones puff up? Ya, not allergic to much, mild alergies to the common stuff, molds some pollen, not much else tho.

I know I have several triggers for my migraines, smoke being the biggest, ciggarette smoke the worst, closely followed by weed and cigar smoke. Some smoke from burning woods get me, like eucalyptus of all things, cedar is kind of bad, and quite a few inscense. Other triggers include barametric changes in weather (totaly weird on this one and I’d have never known if someone else hadn’d of gotten them from that too and told me about it), molds and some pollen, some pork if there are too many sulfides in it, same with wines, and a few other random things.

So I have no idea why I’m having them constantly now….at this point it’s just so much of an annoyance because I can’t DO anything, and things I can do to distract myself from the pain, hurt. Like being on the computer or playing games or reading. And just laying there trying to fall asleep hurts more than if I’m distracted…./sigh oh well

Anonymous

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Ya I had the slew of allergy tests done, where they make all those little marks on your arms and back and see which ones puff up? Ya, not allergic to much, mild alergies to the common stuff, molds some pollen, not much else tho.

I know I have several triggers for my migraines, smoke being the biggest, ciggarette smoke the worst, closely followed by weed and cigar smoke. Some smoke from burning woods get me, like eucalyptus of all things, cedar is kind of bad, and quite a few inscense.

Damn. Are you a Capricorn too? You could stick my name on the top of that post. Smokers feel like a frying pan to the head for me too. Lately I’ve found Tami’s hairspray will set me off as well, but only if I’m more stressed than usual.

Have you got any wisdom teeth left? For some unknown reason they took 3 of my 4 out .. and the last one was grinding my jaw, giving me insane headaches. It finally got taken out in July and I’ve been OK since. Just like a light switch… gone..

NirvanaCat13
                    Participant

Adraenyse wrote:

Damn. Are you a Capricorn too? You could stick my name on the top of that post. Smokers feel like a frying pan to the head for me too. Lately I’ve found Tami’s hairspray will set me off as well, but only if I’m more stressed than usual.

Have you got any wisdom teeth left? For some unknown reason they took 3 of my 4 out .. and the last one was grinding my jaw, giving me insane headaches. It finally got taken out in July and I’ve been OK since. Just like a light switch… gone..

Haha, no I’m a Leo, Aug. 22, ’82. And all my wisdom teeth are gone, had those removed years ago. Not prego either, I had the horrifying thought that may have been the case, but the good thing about going to the ER for a CT scan is they do a prego test and it was nego πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Anonymous

Hmm well damn girl, sorry to hear, because, in this case I can say, I know how you feel. Literally.
                        I got to the point I would just shake the Motrin bottle into my hand and swallow it all, sometimes 20-30 at a time.
                        Between the mold that was in my condo and the wisdom tooth grinding .. yeah.

I really think that’s the first time in my life I can truly sympathize with someone’s pain, having known it.

NirvanaCat13
                        Participant

Adraenyse wrote:

Hmm well damn girl, sorry to hear, because, in this case I can say, I know how you feel. Literally.
                          I got to the point I would just shake the Motrin bottle into my hand and swallow it all, sometimes 20-30 at a time.
                          Between the mold that was in my condo and the wisdom tooth grinding .. yeah.

I really think that’s the first time in my life I can truly sympathize with someone’s pain, having known it.

And just think, if you’ve ever had a kidney stone, you can sympathize with giving birth without actualy giving birth….. XD

Anonymous

No, but I’ve had “other issues” that we won’t go into, that involve similar pain.

I also had my appendix ASPLODE. That was a fun time. 😈

NirvanaCat13
                            Participant

P.S. is it bad that as the ER doctor is giving you a shot of demerol he tells you to wait 4 hours and if you’re still in pain take 2 vicodin every 6 hours while the pain persists? I think valium would be a more practical choice at this point….

Anonymous

Ungh.

I love how easy it is for doctors to say, here, take some pills, go home, I don’t want to deal with you.

Reminds me of Tami’s back surgery two years ago. The only reason she didn’t get it right away was because the surgeon was “busy”. There is such a backlog for surgery here that the doctors can pick and choose who they want to see and work on. If a case is too difficult, they’ll pass on it.

To numb the pain, for six months she was taking so many drugs (6g a day between five things … GRAMS!) .. she couldn’t comprehend much on her own, for most of it she had to live with her sister-in-law because I couldn’t watch her and go to work.

Finally our doctor pleaded enough to get her in for surgery.. it was booked in a week, and over in two hours. But they told her she couldn’t take any meds past midnight, and to be at the hospital by 5:30 AM. By 6 AM she was climbing the wall … literally.. gouging her nails into the plaster and pulling, screaming in pain. It took another half an hour to get clearance from the surgeon to shoot her with intramuscular morphine.

After the surgery she stayed overnight in the hospital. By dinner her IV was out, she was eating on her own, and completely off all the drugs. She could walk up three steps by herself.

This is where the “universal healthcare” system breaks. If we were in the states, we could have paid for this and had it done in one month.. not TWO YEARS.

She went through at least six months of drug withdrawal after that. Her hair turned from fire red to crap brown and started to fall out. She bruises under so much as my thumb holding her hand too tight.

And to think the entire process had 6 months knocked off because I paid for the MRI scan. She was five months down the list just to get that much, I paid the $500 and she got it the NEXT DAY at a private clinic.

Look at all the trouble and suffering that you and purpledoggy and Danny are going through. None of the healthcare systems work. Half the time you have to figure things out for yourself.

πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.