fbpx

Show your Collection, v.6!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show your Collection, v.6!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    Pam

I’ve gotten a few ebay pieces I was disappointed with in the past only because I paid so much money for them and they had flaws, but at the same token, I’m still in love with the pieces so I never complained. I’m always more then happy with Windstone’s customer service though whenever I have spoke up about issues.

Could you please elaborate? As with production pieces, if you ever get an ebay piece that you are not happy with, please let us know. Even if you dont feel like sending the item back, it will at least help us know what flaws to look out for in the future.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I’ve gotten a few ebay pieces I was disappointed with in the past only because I paid so much money for them and they had flaws, but at the same token, I’m still in love with the pieces so I never complained. I’m always more then happy with Windstone’s customer service though whenever I have spoke up about issues.

Could you please elaborate? As with production pieces, if you ever get an ebay piece that you are not happy with, please let us know.

Specifically, the one that bothered me the most was my Winter Sun Oriental Dragon. there are several smudges on the back and also, it looks like some sort of paint bubble that caused cracking on an obvious scale right on the show side. I got it this way, but it was the last of only 4 made and I was so ecstatic to get it in the first place I just lived with it. It just sucks because I paid nearly $700 for him.
        These photos are old, but they show the two areas
        Photobucket
        Photobucket

I also had minor issues with my Red Violet Rising Spectral that looks like a bunch of dust or something in the tail and a few other areas. I DID post this photo when I got him so that ship has already sailed, but I love him so much I wouldn’t want to return him. He’s still an OOAK even if he has bumpy scales.
        Photobucket

Anything else has been so minor I have fixed it myself. My Peacock Sunburst Griffin had white specks in the back feathers I touched up (although that was listed on ebay as NOT mint anyway)

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

The cracked paint on your dragon’s scale must have happened in between our factory and your house. I checked the original photos and when the dragon was first photographed, there was only a very tiny bump there.
        Photobucket

The smudges are probably from antique that was not wiped away completely.

Ever since the issue with your spectral though, if a piece has been sitting around in the open for more than a few weeks I never give it to anyone for touch up without running it under the faucet first!

I’m hoping that whatever scrap my big silver lad got into, he came out the winner.

Susie’s already contacted me about it, and can say I’m floored at the level of customer service these wonderful folks offer.

Had to LOL at the mental image of a bunch of zoned out WS painters. I hadn’t though of it before, but I can imagine that it gets kind of tedious and one dragon butt just blends into another after a while. Suggestion to make it a bit more fun – hand out twinkies or similar sugary snack food, and chase it with plenty of mountain dew. Make sure you put your seatbelt on. πŸ˜€

You guys rock.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Had to LOL at the mental image of a bunch of zoned out WS painters. I hadn’t though of it before, but I can imagine that it gets kind of tedious and one dragon butt just blends into another after a while. Suggestion to make it a bit more fun – hand out twinkies or similar sugary snack food, and chase it with plenty of mountain dew. Make sure you put your seatbelt on. πŸ˜€

You guys rock.

Gosh– once I did a complete labradorite griffin family set, three times. Three mommas, three fathers, three crouching chicks and three sitting chicks. Even though that pales in comparison to doing hundreds of limited or normal production pieces, it was tedious and repetitive enough for my eyes to glaze over for weeks while I was making them!

My hat is always tipped to the people at the factory for this among many other things.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

The cracked paint on your dragon’s scale must have happened in between our factory and your house. I checked the original photos and when the dragon was first photographed, there was only a very tiny bump there.
            Photobucket

The smudges are probably from antique that was not wiped away completely.

Ever since the issue with your spectral though, if a piece has been sitting around in the open for more than a few weeks I never give it to anyone for touch up without running it under the faucet first!

I dunno, it looks worse or better depending on the angle, but in any case I love him all the same. I never plan to sell him, but I don’t think I’d get my money back on him if I did because he’s flawed. I’ll always keep my eyes peeled for numbers 1-3 just so I can have one that doesn’t have that split on it. He is one of my absolute favorite pieces other then the Flame Point Tabby Male from Jen.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kathleen
            Participant

I got my black gothic unicorn today and…. I LOVE him πŸ˜€ he is PERFECT!
              (thank goodness customs was a bear) πŸ˜›

Susie
              Keymaster

A note regarding the Black Gothic Unicorns in the store: Those available in the store now have all been thoroughly inspected AGAIN and do not have white spots on them. If you are skeptical about purchasing one after reading this thread, never fear, we’re making sure that we don’t ship any more that have white spots on them. (And of course, if Murphy’s Law has taken over entirely, and any of those we ship from this point forward have white spots, we will replace them!)

dragonshoard
                Participant

Got my black gothic today and while the outer shipping box had a corner smushed, the inner box and the unicorn are both ok. After reading this thread, I took a REAL CLOSE look at both gothics (I already have a white one) and don’t really notice any difference in the hoof molding. There may be one or two tiny white dots on the black body, but really I don’t plan on examining mine under the microscope so I think it looks great.

Participant

It’s been a long time since I have posted pics of my ever changing collection. A couple of these you might have seen before, but a few have rotated out. Enjoy! (Please forgive my horrendous photography skilzs.)

Most of my collection sits on glass shelves (really, it’s not that scary).
                    Photobucket

At the top: Grand Unicorn, Crouching Orange Tabby Candlelamp (eBay), “Chariot” Young Unicorn (Grab bag), Abby the Abyssinian (eBay) and the Wizard Retreat Candle Lamp
                    Photobucket

White Mother and Baby Unicorn, Orange and White Small Birdwing Flapcat, Palomino Mother Unicorn #1 (eBay), Siamese Small Birdwing Flapcat
                    Photobucket

Sea Jewel (mermaid), White Male Griffin, White Coiled Male Dragon
                    Photobucket

White Scratching Dragon, Cat Wizard Candlelamp, Siamese Large Happy Cat Gargoyle (eBay), White Male Unicorn
                    Photobucket

Dragon Bookends
                    Photobucket

Palomino Mother Unicorn #4 (eBay)
                    Photobucket

Siamese Male Griffin #2 (eBay)
                    Photobucket

Amber the Abyssinian (Stray Cat Edition eBay)
                    Photobucket

Mermaid Sconce
                    Photobucket

I know some people like to see comparison shots between pieces for color differences. Here are all my mother unicorns showing the subtle color differences in the Palomino color.
                    Palomino Mother #4, Palomino Mother #1, White Mother (reg. production)
                    Photobucket

Palomino Mother #4, “Chariot” Young Unicorn (Grab Bag), Palomino Mother #1
                    Photobucket

Here is another comparison of Small Birdwing Flapcats.
                    White and Orange with blue wings (LP), Abby the Abyssinian (eBay), Siamese (reg. production)
                    Photobucket

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

SilverArrow-I have that exact black panther! Except mine is made of resin or some non glass material. Poor thing has his foot broken though πŸ™ I love your Palimino unicorns. If you ever decide to part with either of your mamams (especially the blue eyed one) Please keep me in mind.

Participant

SilverArrow-I have that exact black panther! Except mine is made of resin or some non glass material. Poor thing has his foot broken though πŸ™ I love your Palimino unicorns. If you ever decide to part with either of your mamams (especially the blue eyed one) Please keep me in mind.

I would have loved to find that panther in a non-breakable material, unlike the ceramic one I have. It would have been even better if it was a lot smaller! I’m sorry to hear that yours has a broken foot though. πŸ™

Riversgrace
                        Participant

Beauty got here today!!!!

Here is my collection of everything…

And Beauty herself!

Participant

Riversgrace, Beauty is certainly Beautiful! Congrats on the win. Even under normal lighting her eyes are spectacular. Thank you for posting pics of everything. I especially enjoy seeing how other collectors display their collections in their home with other items.

Stephanie
                            Participant

Congrats again! She’s so beautiful!!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 427 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.