fbpx

Shipping Options in the Store

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Shipping Options in the Store

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

Hi!  I think we may have some issues with our shopping cart not always offering both USPS and UPS shipping options.  I think that sometimes only one or the other appears at check out.  Please take a moment to pay attention to this and please let me know if it happens to you!  Send an email to susie@windstoneeditions.com or service@windstoneeditions.com  or even call (800) 982-4464 to let me know.

We hope that it is working correctly, however I’m suspicious that sometimes it has a forgetful moment and doesn’t connect with one or the other for a shipping quote – We cannot tell from our end of the system if it did or not.  Any observations that you have will be very helpful to us!  Thank you!

Susie
      Keymaster

Just bumping this up – did anyone who ordered yesterday or last night have shipping option issues?

Susie
        Keymaster

Another note regarding the shipping quotes that you see at check out:

UPS is listed first, and then USPS follows, the quotes are not in order of cost.  The default rate appears to be UPS Ground for domestic shipments.  I’m not sure for out of the U.S.   For small items going to U.S. addresses, USPS Priority Mail is often a little less, and often faster, than UPS.  Be sure to read through the whole list when you are making your selection!

For orders going out of the U.S.,  USPS First Class Mail International is only for small packages weighing less than 4 pounds.  Be aware that this service is not technically “trackable” and is not insurable, can take a really long time to get there, and if the package does not arrive, there may be nothing we can do about it.  USPS Priority Mail costs a little more, but it is insured and can be tracked.

etruscan
          Participant

I did not have any problems yesterday, if that helps.

The only time I have had a problem was a few months ago when I got a message that shipping options were not available.  I needed to pick a county (no idea why this suddenly became an issue) and the shipping quotes appeared once I selected United States from the drop-down box.

Susie
            Keymaster

Thank you Etruscan, that does help, I saw that you selected “Priority Mail” for your order.  A lot of people are picking UPS for small items and I’m worried that the Priority Mail option might not be showing up while they are ordering.  It could be the USPS rate quotation server not connecting to our shopping cart the way its supposed to.

If anyone has trouble, please let me know!  This is something that we cannot SEE with our own eyes!

etruscan
              Participant

It could be that USPS is not showing up or, as you indicated earlier, it could be that UPS is first on the list.  Their prices go from lowest to highest so the natural assumption is that all prices below the first UPS entry are more expensive.

I know that USPS usually is cheaper for small items and that it comes after the UPS prices so I scan down the list and check.  Probably a lot of newer buyers, or people who don’t shop the store regularly, never look past the first couple of UPS prices.

Marianne
                Participant

I bought a hatcher last night and the shipping options were a bit confusing… had scroll down to see the cheapest shipping option. It was second to last but it was there. The list was squished to one side but I did have all the options i think.

I did have one issue though. I had the item in my cart but when I signed in it was no longer in my cart. I had to refresh till it jumped back out of my previous cart before I signed in. It was abit stressful for a bit but all worked out in the end.

Susie
                  Keymaster

We’ve made a change to shipping options upon check out:   Now the shipping options should show in the order of cost, with the least expensive service first.  Hopefully this will work correctly!  Please let us know if it does.  UPS and USPS services will be mixed in the list – please read the selections carefully.  Feedback is welcome!  Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.