fbpx

Shipping Boxes

Home Forums Miscellany Community Shipping Boxes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

Kujacker
      Participant

(Didn’t know if this should go in general or here, since it’s about windstones)

To those of you who sell windstones (pyos more specifically); where do you get properly sized shipping boxes? Normally I save the boxes they were shipped to me in, but I’ve lost 3 boxes lately (rather they were probably thrown out by someone else, or taken by someone that stopped by for a few days awhile ago…). I looked at USPS but their flat rate boxes are tiny, even the largest one, making double boxing impossible for the larger pyo pieces I want to sell. I was in the UPS store yesterday, and their boxes are not on display, and so I don’t know if they have a good sized one. But I also don’t want to probably over pay them for a box… some guy needed a tiny manila envelope, and it was something like $.60 (I can go to my local dollar store and get a pack of 5 for a dollar).
        Any ideas?

dragonmedley
        Participant

I keep most of the PYO boxes. What do you need?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kujacker
          Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

I keep most of the PYO boxes. What do you need?

I have a gryphon that I would like to sell. I have his box (the one that has the ID sticker on it) but I don’t have the box he was shipped in (the big box).
            I also had to use one of my Keepers boxes (both shipping and the box that contained the statue itself) to ship my recently sold keeper… leaving this new keeper totally boxless when it comes time to sell him.

My dad doesn’t throw my boxes out, he knows I need them. But we recently had company, one person being one of his brothers. This guy has a habit of just… taking stuff. And, of course, he mainly takes boxes. So I pretty much believe he took the boxes when he was here for those two days. Empty boxes sitting around are too tempting for him. Too bad I didn’t remember his habit beforehand 😳

So I need a few boxes. Like I said I looked into usps boxes, but they are tiny and I’m afraid UPS will charge a stupid amount for a box or three. Do places like Target or Wal-mart sell shipping boxes? I’ve never looked.

Lokie
            Participant

I know the Walmarts and Staples around here sell boxes. I’ve never checked Target.

dragonmedley
              Participant

Lokie wrote:

I know the Walmarts and Staples around here sell boxes. I’ve never checked Target.

I was thinking Staples too. Don’t know how things work in the US, but here in Ontario, if we need good sturdy boxes, we go to the liquor store. You should be able to get big enough boxes for the keeper and the griffin.

The only big PYO boxes I have are for the unicorn. Mind you, without the inserts, the griffin fits for sure, but I don’t know about the keeper.

Lokie
                Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

here in Ontario, if we need good sturdy boxes, we go to the liquor store. You should be able to get big enough boxes for the keeper and the griffin.

I’ve never considered getting boxes from a liquor store. I’ll have to keep that in mind next time I need some.

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Lokie wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

here in Ontario, if we need good sturdy boxes, we go to the liquor store. You should be able to get big enough boxes for the keeper and the griffin.

I’ve never considered getting boxes from a liquor store. I’ll have to keep that in mind next time I need some.

They are totally awesome for moving books.

pipsxlch
                    Participant

Liquor boxes are a decent size and heavy duty, but you may have to flip them inside out for shipping, or paint them. I don’t think USPS accepts them anymore. (I’ve used them with UPS no problem) As long as there is no visible prining saying it held liquor, you should be fine. Laundry detergent boxes are very heavy and a good choice also, without being ‘contraband’. With both, there’s a gap at the top and bottom you’d need to tape over.

When I need boxes, I usually hit local stores and ask. Walmart is always free with them. Most places will let you have them no problem if you ask. That way you have a choice of sizes and weights.
                      there’s always dumpster diving also, been there done that 😳

Kujacker
                      Participant

Thanks everyone! I’ll be checking out all the options. I didn’t think of a lot of these, so I’ve been enlightened.

Lol @ the dumpster diving. I remember my mother did that at one point for the same reason! Who knew something as simple as a cardboard box would be so popular 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.