Shepard's Pie

Home Forums Miscellany Food Shepard's Pie

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

starbreeze wrote:

Quote:

CherylKaufman

1 lb hamburger seasoned with salt and pepper cooked until brown and drained.

2 cans of corn, drained

5 medium large potatos made into mashed potatos (don’t use potato flakes)- I add milk, butter, salt, pepper, and a slice or two of cheese to my mashed potatos until it looks like normal consistency

2 cups brown gravy (buy a little packet of easy-to-make gravy and make according to directions)

In a medium size baking dish put the hamburger on the bottom, cover with 1/2-3/4 cups of the gravy. Add drained corn on top of meat. Put mashed potatos on top of corn and spread until smooth on top. Poke 9-12 holes through the mashed potatos down to the meat. Pour remaining 1.25-1.5 cups of gravy on top of mashed potatos. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with bread.

Very tasty.
    I made Cheryl’s version of shepherd’s pie tonight for dinner…it was delicious!!!! I knew I had a winner when after his first bite, my son said “this is good”. Thanks Cheryl!!! ๐Ÿ˜†
    I made Cheryl’s version for dinner yesterday for some friends and everyone liked it!

Both Cheryl’s and Arlla’s shepherd’s pie recipes will be made regularly at my house now… ๐Ÿ˜€

Starbreeze
    Participant

Aren’t we lucky to have so many talented cooks in our group? Thanks for sharing the receipes… ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.