Shepard's Pie

Home Forums Miscellany Food Shepard's Pie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

Oh, man – I just recently learned to make a mean shepard’s pie, which is something I used to eat every summer when I went to Connecticut but never had in California where I live. It’s totally a child hood comfort food for me. YUM! And almost simultaneously I discovered the divinity of Yukon Gold potatoes, which makes the pie EXTRA good!
      If anyone’s interested, I’ll post my recipe, though I’m sort of an intuitive cook so I’ll have to guesstimate the exact amounts of stuff…I make it with ground turkey (because I can’t tell the difference between ground turkey and ground beef and the turkey is better for me) but you can use either…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
        -J R R Tolkien

Yum…please post the recipe! πŸ™‚

I LOVE Shepherd’s pie!!! That’s a staple at my house!

Post your recipe too!

frozendragon
        Participant

I make it a lot too…..but I don’t have a recipe….most stuff I just do out of my head….

Starbreeze
          Participant

Will one of you please post a recipe??? I’ve been looking for a good Shepard’s Pie recipe for a while!!!

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

Post the damn recipie all ready! LoL

1 lb hamburger seasoned with salt and pepper cooked until brown and drained.

2 cans of corn, drained

5 medium large potatos made into mashed potatos (don’t use potato flakes)- I add milk, butter, salt, pepper, and a slice or two of cheese to my mashed potatos until it looks like normal consistency

2 cups brown gravy (buy a little packet of easy-to-make gravy and make according to directions)

In a medium size baking dish put the hamburger on the bottom, cover with 1/2-3/4 cups of the gravy. Add drained corn on top of meat. Put mashed potatos on top of corn and spread until smooth on top. Poke 9-12 holes through the mashed potatos down to the meat. Pour remaining 1.25-1.5 cups of gravy on top of mashed potatos. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with bread.

Very tasty.

Skigod377
              Participant

Yummy!!! Finally!! A recipe!! πŸ˜€

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

Thank you!!

No problem πŸ™‚

That looks good! Definitely will try it out…

It is very tasty and I will be making it tonight for leftovers tomorrow πŸ˜€ (one of the precious PRECIOUS few foods I will eat as a leftover)

Starbreeze
                  Participant

I’m putting the ingredients on my grocery list. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.