fbpx

Seriously…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Seriously…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

How old do you have to be before you grow out of temper tantrums????

I got a call from a theatre company looking for an emergency Stage Manager cause it seems that their current one keeps having temper tantrums and generally not doing his job. I’ve worked with this person before (and he is doing a fantastic job of ruining his rep in the theatre community here all by himself) and he’s had temper tantrums in my presence and I’ve seen 2 year olds act better. So… I am the secret stand by in case this person throws another tantrum, they open in a week so it’s a possibility.

On the bright side, while I was in the office I got offered another show as well, to open in February, start reherasls in 3-4weeks… The Three Musketeers!!!! I’m so exited! there’s lots of sword fights and action and stuff. There are somethings we can’t do in the theatre, like D’Artangnan swinging in from the roof, but it’s going to be a blast!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Elena
      Participant

Allison
        Participant

Wow…he sounds like a real professional. Still, his loss is your gain! πŸ˜€

The woman my one uncle married is in her 40’s and she throws tantrums worse than her little daughters (which is saying something, because they’re little nightmares themselves). She was obviously an extremely spoiled child, and my uncle is the kind of sucker who gives in to whatever she demands. I watched her throw a hissy fit complete with crying, name-calling and fist thumping because our one family Thanksgiving wasn’t going to be *exactly* how she wanted it to be (namely all about her). I was about 16 at the time, and even I was embarrassed by it.

dragonmedley
          Participant

Some people never grow up… my brother-in-law is still around 16 and he probably will be for the rest of his life.

This is great on the job front, though.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
            Participant

Owwww, just ow. πŸ™„

But congrats on The Three Musketeers! πŸ˜€

I know all about the temper tantrums, Ed’s brother is 22 and at the last family dinner (for his sister’s graduation) he threw a fit cuz it wasn’t about him. πŸ™„ His parents spoiled him as a kid and would always let him get his way…they still do!

That’s great news about the job though, his loss your gain. And The Three Musketeers no less, I love that one!

I live with a 36 year old who still has them. My old boss at 46 does too. I am not sure what it is about men that causes this phenomenon…But I distinctly remember my grandpa having them at 70. My dad has them too, although alot less frequently than he did when he was in his 30’s, but he has always had a short fuse.
              When I was in the hospital giving birth, the nurses were so mad at Scott because here I was 20 hours into labor and he was throwing fits because it took so long. πŸ™„ They asked his age, and I told them…They just couldn’t believe it!
              So, yes…Men never grow out of them if they have them. I have met some guys who don’t have them. And I have met some women who have them too, but not as many as men. Pffft :shrug:

Stephanie
              Participant

I think that we all have them in one way or another. Its just that some are WOW! compaired to others. Some people don’t talk durning there’s and others make it well known to the world that they are not happy. It is crazy. πŸ˜›

foxfeather wrote:

I got a call from a theatre company looking for an emergency Stage Manager cause it seems that their current one keeps having temper tantrums and generally not doing his job. I’ve worked with this person before (and he is doing a fantastic job of ruining his rep in the theatre community here all by himself) and he’s had temper tantrums in my presence and I’ve seen 2 year olds act better. So… I am the secret stand by in case this person throws another tantrum, they open in a week so it’s a possibility.

On the bright side, while I was in the office I got offered another show as well, to open in February, start reherasls in 3-4weeks… The Three Musketeers!!!! I’m so exited! there’s lots of sword fights and action and stuff. There are somethings we can’t do in the theatre, like D’Artangnan swinging in from the roof, but it’s going to be a blast!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

im 31 and once in a while i do have them, its a man thing , we expect everything to go right and when it doesnt it throws a wrench into every thing and pisses us off , its then the woman’s job to try and fix what ever because for some reason its beyond our capability .So ladies dont get made ..just know your role πŸ˜›

If I get annoyed, my voice raises and I get alot more sarcastic… I have to be REALLY pissed to throw a “temper tantrum”. Like my father wanting me to do my scheduling at the UofA first year immediately after I had to take my fiancee to the hospital after a wasp bite. And the scheduling wasn’t working well, let me tell you…. πŸ˜† Stress + Stress = Angry.

Jasmine
                Participant

I don’t throw temper tantrums, if I get mad, I just shut down. Bf knows that if I get really quiet, I’m pissed. And I hate the fact that if I’m really, really mad, I cry. Hate that!!

foxfeather wrote:

It depends on the cause.

I grew out of temper tantrums shortly after my daughter did. We discovered that her problem was that she is allergic to milk products. When we took her off milk she became a sweet, intelligent, alert kid, instead of the raging antisocial demon she had been in danger of becoming.

Given that these kinds of allergies are usually genetic in origin, we wondered who she could have got it from. There were other pointers, but the bottom line is that I’ve not had a temper tantrum since taking myself off milk. In many ways I am a different person.

This sort of thing does wonders for one’s notions of identity and the persistence of self. What am I if not who I am?

Maria
                  Participant

Jasmine wrote:

I don’t throw temper tantrums, if I get mad, I just shut down. Bf knows that if I get really quiet, I’m pissed. And I hate the fact that if I’m really, really mad, I cry. Hate that!!

I hear you, Jasmine! It’s the exact same way with me.

Jasmine
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

Glad to hear it isn’t only me. πŸ˜†

Jasmine wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

Glad to hear it isn’t only me. πŸ˜†

Nope it’s not only you I’m exactly the same. I also tend to clean when I’m extremely angry. If the house is spotless Ed knows I’ve had a bad day and to leave me be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.