fbpx

Selling some things… added more pics and griff egg pic=)

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Selling some things… added more pics and griff egg pic=)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

pegasi1978 wrote:

That is an awesome griffin egg! Who made it and do they have a Web site?

Her name is Laura Reynolds. Sadly she doesn’t have a website but here is an artice on her http://www.crescentblues.com/7_5issue/int_reynolds

She is absolutely amazing! If you check out the griffins pictures thread in Gerneral Windstone you can see more of her work. I have a few dragons and unicorns made by her that are so detailed and beautiful. She makes Dragon and Griffin pins and I always get one every year at Dragon-Con. I can’t say enough good things about her. I have her card and it has her email and phone number is anyone is interested just pm me πŸ™‚ Also I can post more of her work if you like!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I have a large dragon-head wall lamp by her and the craftsmanship is astounding, let me tell you!
      (I just wish she was nicer… she was very snide with me, even after she knew I had just paid $600 for her sculpture! I just wanted to talk art with her. Sigh.)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

lamortefille
      Participant

Jennifer wrote:

I have a large dragon-head wall lamp by her and the craftsmanship is astounding, let me tell you!
        (I just wish she was nicer… she was very snide with me, even after she knew I had just paid $600 for her sculpture! I just wanted to talk art with her. Sigh.)

I’ve run into quite a few artists that neglect the “customer relations” part of their business. Maybe they don’t mean anything by their remarks or lack of a “thank you for buying my art” or “glad you like it” email; maybe they think everyone wants an “in” or to be “best friends”. Maybe they think they don’t have to be nice, because their work sells itself…..who knows? It does stink to be blown off, though, after you’ve plopped down your hard earned money! 😑

Jennifer wrote:

I have been going to Dragon-Con for the last 6 years and she has always been like that. No matter what I buy or how often I complement her she kind of blows me off. I honestly think she must be very shy. Usually when I go to her booth I always see her mother talking and dealing in the business part. Actually looking at her card it’s her mothers email on the back. She is amazing artist and one I look forward to every year at dragon-con :yes:
        Now if only I had seen Jennifer at Dragon-con the year she went! Still can’t believe I missed her πŸ™„

Jennifer
        Keymaster

I actually went for three years! Only showed at two of them though. I had a full bay and a table. πŸ™‚
          I couldn’t break even at Dragon*Con so I probably won’t be back unless I win the lottery or if the economy gets a good kick in the pants and turns around!

As an artist, I find that knowing the person behind the artwork does impact how I spend my money. There are so many amazing artists whose work I wish I could collect, and only so many dollars in my wallet I can spend on it, so I am selective. An artist’s personal life is none of my affair, but if they are disrespectful (or worse) I usually spend elsewhere. πŸ˜‰ I am really shy in person and I have a speech impediment that shows up when I’m nervous or excited– which I am really both when I’m showing at a con– so I get very easily embarrassed and flustered, but I take great lengths to try and always be nice to everyone that takes the time to stop by.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

LadyFirebird
          Participant

It’s a shame that if you’re spending money buying an artists’ work and they just blow you off, that is a big, big turn off. Yes, she could be very shy or even have a problem of some sort, but if people are buying your work and complimenting you, you should at least be pleasant about it. Then, unfortunately, there are those who feel so superior for some reason that you should be honored if they even give you the sweat off their personality! Get over yourself! I’ll spend my money elsewhere thank you not! πŸ˜›

That’s why I enjoy dealing with Jen–very pleasant to deal with and you get beautiful items! πŸ˜€ :yes:

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

I concur, LadyFirebird!

Sale is ending tonight at 9pm est

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.