fbpx

Selling curlies (pg. 7)

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Selling curlies (pg. 7)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author

I’m so glad you are mostly okay…and sorry about your beloved bike, I know how much you loved it.

I hope the driver is in lots of trouble, that kind of inattention could have killed you! I am so very glad you always wear all the protective gear, very very glad!

I see so many motorcyclists around here running around with no gear and no helmet, it’s insane. I see them and cringe, I don’t think they look cool, though they think they do.

The cool motorcyclists are the ones who wear their helmets and all the protective gear, even when it is hot. I admire those riders immensely, because their safety is obviously important to them. The Harley riders almost never wear anything but leather chaps and vests…no helmets. Idiots!

I wish I could make an offer on your Brown OW, he’s one I have wanted for a very long time, but I’m broke and will be for at least 6 months. I hope you can make the money you need to get your new bike paid off quickly.

*hugs* I am so glad you are okay!

Kyrin

Tyrrlin
    Participant

So glad to hear you’re okay! Sorry about the bike.

Windstone collector in remission. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maria
      Participant

purplecat wrote:

gah!!! I need a money tree!!!! I wants some of them soooo bad! ๐Ÿ˜† I’m so sorry to hear about your bike….it was a fantastic Buell…with your paint job and everything…that’s a horrible loss. ๐Ÿ™

The paint job is actually salvageable. My artist will do a few repairs, but I can transfer the airbrush to the new Buell. The Beastie will live again – this time with a 1200 ccm engine. I try to see the silver lining.

Maria
        Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Beastie?? Totaled again?? Oh, I am so sorry! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ I am really happy that you are alright, and that ticks me off that the driver didn’t see you! I hope you can reach your selling goals!

Thank you, thank all of you for your sympathy. It means a lot.
          The last accident I had, when I smashed up the back, wasn’t a complete wreck, even though it looked like it. It looked really bad, but it was my fault and it was repairable. This time the little bike probably can’t be fixed.
          That’s what makes it so hard. It looks like it just need some paint brush-ups and a few new parts and it could go again, but the internal damage makes it a complete wreck. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Maria
          Participant

Kujacker wrote:

I love bikes (well, only good looking sport bikes)… but damn, the odds are sooo against the riders. My friend has been pulled out in front of twice. I want one, this won’t keep me from it, but like my dad (a former bike rider) always says to me “You have to ride like no one sees you. You are totally invisible to everyone”. Even when you’re pretty sure they see you, think THEY DON’T.

That’s very true. We put it differently: “Drive like everybody else is a complete idiot.”
            The thing is, whether or not the guy saw me, he was half in my lane, and any reaction on his part would have been too late. People should drive like their lane is all they have, but they don’t.
            My biker buddies who were with me that day – they were a bit ahead; I was driving my speed; I won’t be pressured to ride at a tempo where I feel unsafe – said that there were three cars, and they were all in or nudging the oncoming traffic lane when my buddies passed them. So even if the guy who ran me off the road didn’t for some reason see what happened to me, the following two drivers did, and they didn’t stop either. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

I remember seeing this on your Myspace… sorry about your bike but I’m not even going to look at the collection. My resolve to try and not buy stuff is really starting to weaken (and so don’t need any more temptation).

Glad you’re okay, but ouch about the bike. At least the paint job was mostly salvageable, that’s a good thing, at least.

Maria
            Participant

Kyrin wrote:

I’m so glad you are mostly okay…and sorry about your beloved bike, I know how much you loved it.

I hope the driver is in lots of trouble, that kind of inattention could have killed you! I am so very glad you always wear all the protective gear, very very glad!

Me too! My leathers are a bit scratched, and I need new boots, but that stuff saved my life, or at least a few limbs. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

The driver probably isn’t even in any trouble at all. I know it was a blue Peugeot; I didn’t catch a number. I won’t let that eat me, though. I’d just make myself miserable. Right now I’m focusing on resurrecting the Beastie in a new bike.

Kyrin wrote:

I wish I could make an offer on your Brown OW, he’s one I have wanted for a very long time, but I’m broke and will be for at least 6 months.

I’m sorry. I thought of you when I wrote the post – I know how badly you want one. Still, I haven’t sold anything yet…

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

We love you GB! Louis told me about the accident and I’m sorry this is the first time I’ve gotten to sending you hugs. BIG HUGS!

Elena
                Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

I’m sorry about the bike but very glad that you are okay, bruises heal and a new bike can be bought but YOU are irriplaceable *hugs*

Copper83
                  Participant

I’m very glad that you’re ok, GB. Why isn’t your insurance covering any of this? Because they didn’t catch the guy?

Wow, Im sorry to hear of your accident, your pain and your bike’s condition. Though youre coping well, still wish it wasnt as bad, if it had to happen at all. Hope the careless driver is dealt with properly.

Your collection is beautiful and I hope that your situation with selling or retaining, works out in favor of your best wishes. Here’s to a speedy recovery for both you and restoration of your bike.

Mmloda
                    Participant

Oh I am so glad that you’re OK GB….it unfortunate about your bike, but its a really good thing that your safe and sound… ๐Ÿ˜‰

You ahve an awsome collection and I hope that you are able to find new homes for some of your pieces at least… ๐Ÿ™‚

Marzena

I am really glad to hear you are okay but I am so sorry about your bike!! My dad used to be part of a club and his bike was a really nice Yahama with a custom airbrushed pic of Albert Eistein with some physics equations on the gas tank! I’ve seen the pics of yer bike, it’s very nice! Not that I pretend to be any sort of expert! LOL But I understand how important your bike must be to you *hugs*

Goodluck raising money! I will try very hard to see if I have any pennies lying around to get something!

Skylover
                      Participant

Oh man! I’m so glad that you’re okay. I’m really sorry to hear about your bike being totaled though. I also wish that I could help, but I don’t have very much money at the moment. If you do decide to sell, I hope your sale goes well for you. You have a beautiful collection!

Maria
                        Participant

copper83 wrote:

I’m very glad that you’re ok, GB. Why isn’t your insurance covering any of this? Because they didn’t catch the guy?

My insurance isn’t covering anything because my agent convinced me to stay with partial coverage. Last August I got a new exhaust system on the little bike and insured all the customizing components. I asked my agent for full coverage, but he said that the 1200.- fee wasn’t worth it. I was stupid; I should have insisted. But I stayed with partial coverage, which only pays for elemental, animal and vandalism damage or theft.
                          Even if I’d caught the number of the car who ran me off the road and had filed a complaint against him with the police, it would have come down to me saying he was in my lane and he, of course, saying no he wasn’t. (Though maybe my case would have been stronger because my buddies saw him driving partially in the wrong lane too.) At any rate he’s off scott-free.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.