fbpx

Self-made Pegasus horses… with FEATHERS!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Self-made Pegasus horses… with FEATHERS!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi!
    Not long ago, I’ve shown you my self-made griffins ith feathers. Today, I want to show you the pegasus horses I made following the same principle. Here they are:

PANTED-COATED PEGASUS

BLACK PEGASUS

GREY PEGASUS

BAY PEGASUS

WolfenMachine
    Participant

Aww they are really cute! They remind me of something out of The Science of Sleep (a really great movie) I like the black and grey pegasus. What did you make the horses out of?

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Lovely! …and I liked your griffins as well ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

WolfenMachine wrote:

Aww they are really cute! They remind me of something out of The Science of Sleep (a really great movie) I like the black and grey pegasus. What did you make the horses out of?

Simple, really. I made, for each, a structure out of metal wire (neck and limbs), a styrophoam ball (cheeks) and an empty toilet paper roll (body). I fixed them together with masking tape. To make the flesh and muscles, pieces of plastic bags, also fixed with masking tape. I covered the whole thing with glued pieces of newspaper. I painted it, varnished it, then put the feathers and fake hair.

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

Those are so cute!

scenceable
          Participant

Those are all gorgeous. I love the natural coloring- they look real! I would have expect them to fly away. Beautiful work!

scenceable wrote:

Those are all gorgeous. I love the natural coloring- they look real! I would have expect them to fly away. Beautiful work!

Thank you!
            You know, I chose, for them, natural horse coats colors because I think pegasus toys on the market are too much in “pastel” colors: blue, pink, yellow, purple… I wish they made more of “true” colors: bay, grey, black, roan… This is why I chose natural horse colors for my own figures.

twindragonsmum wrote:

Lovely! …and I liked your griffins as well ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

I intend to make more griffins, since I have soooo many feathers of so many colors and pattrns! Only one problem: space is starting to miss in my basement…

Carolyn
            Participant

Amazing and such fun .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.