fbpx

Seeking Dragon Opthamologist ;)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Seeking Dragon Opthamologist ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Puffpastryofdoom
    Participant

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have an Amethyst Spectral dragon that has an eye that is a bit “off”. When looking at him normally on his display side, his eye only glows a little bit. But when I turn his head clockwise, his eye becomes much more vibrant and reflective. On the other hand, when I turn his head counterclockwise, his eye becomes black. (It appears as if the reflective backing is on the side of his eye socket).

photo DSC09183_zps1bf6be64.jpg

photo DSC09184_zpsdf16869b.jpg

photo DSC09185_zps13cca93b.jpg

photo DSC09186_zpsc5814f78.jpg

photo DSC09187_zps65d6a825.jpg

(This is him next to his Rainbow Spectral friend to compare their eyes)

photo DSC09191_zps351a0ca3.jpg

With his little “vision problem”, does anyone know if there is a way to safely remove his eye so I can adjust its position without damaging him?
      (If not then that’s okay too! I have had him for about 2 years now and will love him no matter what!)

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

It may simply have something to do with the paint behind the eye, more so then the eye itself. I haven’t ever messed with the spectral eyes before but I’d probably ask Melody about this just to see if there is reflective paint, and if so if the it is fired on on the back of the eye or if it’s painted in the socket.

I sort of recalled the eye taking on the properties of the color painted behind it and there actually being nothing special painted on the eye itself because they were more like marbles and the reflective properties were in the eye itself, but I could be thinking of something else so double check.

Does the other eye on the non show side react differently to light then this one does?

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

scenceable
        Participant

Didn’t wolfenmachine have this backwards-eye spectral at some point? Or someone else maybe… I remember someone asking about the eye before. It’s probably the same one. I *think* they said the eyes on those are epoxied in, but I don’t remember…

Sorry I’m not much help, I’m sure this has some up before though!

Puffpastryofdoom
          Participant

Thank you so much for your responses, drag0n and scenceable! Since I first purchased him, I have always thought that there was something wrong with his eye. But it wasn’t until I purchased a second Spectral when I realized just how “off” his eye really was.

I too remember seeing a post about a similar problem a long time ago and tried to find it tonight, but had no luck. HOWEVER I did discover a different post about Spectral (and dicroic) eyes! Within the thread, Pam and Melody wrote…

Spectral eyes are marbles, so they would not work in regular dragons. But I wonder if the company that makes them could put the dichroic color on the back of a regular eye…?

Hey!Spectral eyes are NOT marbles. They are optically clear lead crystal globes that we have custom coated with dichroic backs. The dichro eyes WERE coated the same way, by the same company that does the globes for us.
            We can’t use Spectral eyes in the other dragons. The Spectral eyes are globes, so they won’t fit in other dragons that don’t have the special deep eye sockets.

Since Melody mentioned that they coated the globes with dichroic backs, I’m wondering if my Spectral’s eye was just put in a little crooked. I’ll definitely take your advice and send Melody a message to see if she thinks it’s possible (or even a good idea for that matter!) to try and get the eye loose to adjust it. If not, then it’s really okay. I’ll still love him -flaws and all!

At least he has one good eye! His non-display eye reflects light nicely no matter what angle you look at it!
             photo 25_zps441e5826.jpg

(That eye looks much better than his poor boo-boo eye!)
             photo DSC09200_zps996d98db.jpg

Thank you again so much for responding to my post, drag0n and scenceable! It really means a lot to me! 😀

Adaneth
            Participant

I think you’re onto something. I don’t have any spectral dragons, but I have noticed that the globe the oriental dragon sculpt has is like that. If I look at it from a low angle or turn the dragon upside-down, it looks like a clear marble. Only if I look from the ‘proper’ angle do I see the neat rainbow effect.

Hopefully Melody or Susie or someone can confirm that with the spectral eyes. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.