fbpx

Seeking a Nicely marked Damaged Dragon & "horse&quo

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Seeking a Nicely marked Damaged Dragon & "horse&quo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ok, here’s the long winded story to a short request. My buisness has been approved to carry Windstone’s, (however, until the new store front is up and built and functionable, i won’t be ordering any.) I have several shows that I am going to this year, as well as a few trade days, and I wish to promote my buisness. Usually when I go to events like this, I have a set group of items that go to every show, and sometimes they sell and sometimes they don’t, but over the course of a year or so, something gets damaged. Usually it’s a plastic horse, but this year, we’re doing a lot more china and resins and delicate things, so we are looking for ways to help cut back on loss. Items at these shows, esp the trade shows, get touched a lot, no matter how on the ball I am. On a $3.99 dog, it’s not too bad, but on a $130 Windstone, well, to have one get damaged would suck.

SO. All that said. My buisness is looking for a nicely marked Windstone dragon that already has som damage. I have a brown mama here that I keep eyeing, but she’s overall very nice, with just one small scratch,and one small repair, so i don’t really want to use her. Plus, i got her for my personal collection, not buisness use.

I’d like a dragon and a “horse” of some kind. I was so mad, I was bidding on a very damaged pegasus foal that only sold for $15 tonight, but at the last two minuets, hubby had a crisis and I got outbid. ugh. But, a lot of the shows I go to are horse related, so a “horse” item would be nice.

I would really like the dragon to be nicely marked, to show the true beauty of the Windstone peices. obviously, this peice will NOT be for sale, she will be for travel purposes only. Color doesn’t matter, although i’d prefer no whites because again they will get touched a lot. A box woul be a huge perk, because even though i’m buying them to “get” damaged, I don’t want to encourage damage. make sense?

Sorry. i said it was long winded πŸ™„ I don’t have a whole lot of buisness money right now, as the new store space I got is huge, but raw. It needs new drywall, carpet, paint, shelves, and it’s about 8 times bigger…maybe 12 times bigger than my old one, so it needs a LOT more inventory. I took everything I had there yesterday, and it only made a very small pile in a very large room 😯 So, please keep that in mind. I’m not looking for anythign over $50. This will be a paypal purchase, and I’ll be marking it in the note section as buisness purpose for tax reasons. If the item is in Pa, LMk if I need to pay you sale tax.

Thanks! *goes and dies of carple tunnel* πŸ˜‰

NirvanaCat13
    Participant

I have a baby (white) unicorn you can have, he’s got some nicks on his nose, but otherwise pretty good condition. You can have him, just pay for shipping.

PM me

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Why not put them in a glass case, or those acrylic boxes that people put over dolls/beanie babies/whatever at trade shows and conventions? There was a dealer at Dragon*Con that had then entire Windstone line he traveled with, and he had them in a fantastic acrylic display (acrylic is light and won’t beak like glass when trasporting) and people could look up close but not touch! πŸ™‚ If you plan on traveling often with them it could be a good investment. Then you could sell the same pieces instead of saying ‘not for sale, sorry’- which would be good for you and Windstone. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

Why not put them in a glass case, or those acrylic boxes that people put over dolls/beanie babies/whatever at trade shows and conventions? There was a dealer at Dragon*Con that had then entire Windstone line he traveled with, and he had them in a fantastic acrylic display (acrylic is light and won’t beak like glass when trasporting) and people could look up close but not touch! πŸ™‚ If you plan on traveling often with them it could be a good investment. Then you could sell the same pieces instead of saying ‘not for sale, sorry’- which would be good for you and Windstone. πŸ™‚

Oh! I never thought of that! Do you have any suggestions of where I could find on? *trots off to eBay to see what’s there*

I never like taking things I can’t sell, which was why we were really stumped on this. Thanks!!! πŸ˜€

Jodi
        Participant

bluepony78 wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

Oh! I never thought of that! Do you have any suggestions of where I could find on? *trots off to eBay to see what’s there*

I never like taking things I can’t sell, which was why we were really stumped on this. Thanks!!! πŸ˜€

Craft stores like Michael’s have those doll display cases. You could try someplace like that.

nessiemom
          Participant

I bought some acrylic display risers from an ebay store called 1lasercreations… they had great customer service, and make tons of different cases, risers, etc….

emerald212 wrote:

bluepony78 wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

Craft stores like Michael’s have those doll display cases. You could try someplace like that.

I think we’re going to take a trip up to erie and see what we can see. There’s a couple places around here, but everythign I found so far I don’t think could support a big fat 9 pound dragon for any length of time. I’m also wondering how big of a case will be required for some of these guys….allI’ve come in contact with is a mama dragon and the PYO’s and the CURLS haha. But, I’ll have an idea any day now when the male dragon arrives.

I did find a pastry display that’s quite huge, very nice, with a door on the back, for $150. But again…big fat 9 pound dragon. it was big enough to hold 4 on a shelf, so that’s 36 pounds.. 😯 …little more than a pastry πŸ˜†

nessiemom wrote:

I bought some acrylic display risers from an ebay store called 1lasercreations… they had great customer service, and make tons of different cases, risers, etc….

Thanks! I didn’t see what I hve in mind, but I did see some other things I might need, and he’s not too far away so shipping shouldn’t be bad at all. thanks!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.