fbpx

Second homes for damaged Windstones

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Second homes for damaged Windstones

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Hey folks! I know there are a few different people out there that repair damaged Windstones. I’ve joined the ranks, and have worked out a method using plaster to restore them to ‘as-new’ condition and appearance, and have had a lot of success with it.

That said, I am not necessarily a starving artist, but I usually have little to no extra income to spend on things like Windstones (it’s like working for Willy Wonka in his chocolate factory and not being able to eat the candies!! So depressing!). I usually can only afford damaged pieces. So! If anyone is trying to find a new home for a damaged or dinged up piece, I’d probably be interested as long as the price isn’t too high! I can’t afford too much, I’ll be very honest about that. Please feel free to PM or email me about this. Even if it is a piece I already have, I think I can restore them to a ‘as-new’ appearance so that someone else could enjoy them. I know not everyone has the tools/supplies/skills to repair these.

Thanks for reading, guys!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

frozendragon
        Participant

well…if I come across any I think you might like…or be able to fix up…I’ll let you know….

so far I’ve gotten rid of everything that had a nick or a ding….except ones that I want to keep…or I might want to keep…

I never can decide….but I’ll make a note…

Nam, I was wondering — will you be offering any repair services? It seems like quite a few people in the forum mentioned that they were interested in getting pieces repaired.

You wouldn’t want a Emerald Hatching Dragon, would you? It needs a lot of TLC and it was my first one, but since its damaged, then I have decided to find a loving home for it. See my post in the Flea Market.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

mimitrek wrote:

Nam, I was wondering — will you be offering any repair services? It seems like quite a few people in the forum mentioned that they were interested in getting pieces repaired.

I hope I can someday! As it is, I just have time to do projects like this on the side… very on the side! I am usually working anywhere from 10-14 hours a day, and often on weekends as well, so I don’t think I can offer a good repair service if I can’t give customers a good turn around time. Seems like bad business if I took forever to get to a repair I was being paid for! Maybe someday I can. ๐Ÿ™‚

Would you like a paper tiger? He’s not in that bad of condition. There are pictures of him in the “Anyone Interested?” thread. I was thinking of relisting him and saying best offer. I paid about $50 cdn(plus taxes). At least I think I did. I’d have to look at the thread to see how much I paid all together.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Romeodanny wrote:

Would you like a paper tiger? He’s not in that bad of condition. There are pictures of him in the “Anyone Interested?” thread. I was thinking of relisting him and saying best offer. I paid about $50 cdn(plus taxes). At least I think I did. I’d have to look at the thread to see how much I paid all together.

Thank you very much for the offer! Regretfully $48.25 is a little out of my price league for this piece at the moment. My apologies!! ๐Ÿ™ I hope you’re able to find a new home for it! I would hate for you to get less than he’s worth, so eBay might be a good venue?

dragonessjade wrote:

You wouldn’t want a Emerald Hatching Dragon, would you? It needs a lot of TLC and it was my first one, but since its damaged, then I have decided to find a loving home for it. See my post in the Flea Market.

How much would you ask for him? If you feel weird saying so here then you are most welcome to PM me. ๐Ÿ™‚

DantheDragon
              Participant

I have a decapiated peocock emperor whom I would be happy to sell — just not happy to try and ship. Though if you live anywhere near the Windstone factory, I can hand deliver him. Or basically anywhere between the San Luis Obispo and Glendale areas.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.