fbpx

Searching for value of retired white dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Searching for value of retired white dragons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I own 4 pieces of Windstone dragons. The white male 1986,white hatching emperor 1997,white hatching kinglet 1997, and white hatching dragon 1984. I would like to know the value of these unique retired pieces singned by Pena.

Syn
    Participant

white dragon wrote:

I own 4 pieces of Windstone dragons. The white male 1986,white hatching emperor 1997,white hatching kinglet 1997, and white hatching dragon 1984. I would like to know the value of these unique retired pieces singned by Pena.

The date you see on the dragon is the date that particular pose/sculpt was copyrighted, not the date your dragon was created. The Male Dragon was first issued in Green, and that was in 1986; thus the date on all Male Dragons is 1986. The White color came out much later.

You can find information here http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wsframe.htm on such things as the issue and retired dates, the issue price, etc. The prices are interesting, but they won’t help you price them today. The bad economy has caused many people to sell parts of their collection; and the more on the market, the lower the prices go. But the bad economy also means that less people are buying, even at these lower prices. It is a good time to be buying, but not to be selling.

Another place to look is http://ravnheart.com/windstone/index.php; this will tell you what pieces sold for on eBay, mostly from a few years ago. It is not current and will not help you determine the value of your pieces today; prices are much lower now.

Probably the best places to look are eBay and on the Forum. The “value” of a piece you want to sell is not what you think it is worth; it is what someone is willing to pay you for it. You will see prices all over the place for the same item on eBay, but you will also see they do not sell. You need to look in the “completed” listings to see what an item actually does sell for in order to determine the price range in which people will buy. You can find the items listed for the last 30 days by going to eBay, click “advanced” next to the Search box near the top, enter Windstone as the keyword, check the “completed listings” box a few inches down the page, and then hit the blue Search button.

scenceable
      Participant

Syn’s info looks great! 🙂

Another thing I would maybe add is that the place you sell the windstones affects their value. So something worth x amount on ebay is not worth the same amount on craiglist or kijiji. So the forum or ebay would be the places you would get the best price.

Good luck selling them!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.