fbpx

Sailing in the Bay of Sanfransisco

Home Forums Miscellany Community Sailing in the Bay of Sanfransisco

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KoishiiKitty
    Participant

KoishiiKitty
      Participant

there are photos, scrole to the bottom if you want to skip the chattyness.

I got to do something rare…aside from actuly getting out of the house for once.

my sister has been working on a Tall Ship called the Lynx for the past few weeks. for any one that may not know, a Tall Ship if an old sailing ship, the type Christopher Collumbas sailed on.

This one is a recreation of the Privateer Lynx that sailed in 1812 and was captured in 1813. all her lines(blue prints) were kept and so the replica is made EXACT to how it was back then.

For the fast few days the ship has been docked in Saucolito nere Sanfransisco. Yesterday my parents and I went out to drop my sister off at the ship, and we also got to sail out into the bay on one of the adventure sails. It was a PERFECT sail. the ship got going almost to 9 nots and we had all but one of the sails out.

any ways, enough of my yammering. here are the photos from my day: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7651194@N05/

click on a photo, and if you want to see it bigger, at the top of the photo there are all these icons in grey. one will say ALL SIZES. click that.

there are about 42 photos in all.

you can go here http://www.privateerlynx.org/ if you would like to read more about the ship.

Starbreeze
        Participant

Looks like a lot of fun!! Wonderful pics too!! 😀

did they let you do anything besides take photos?

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

did they let you do anything besides take photos?

They let people help. I got to help with hoisting up one of the sails, and at the end, furling the main sail(pulling it down and folding it).

there was other things you could help with also, and I was aloud to walk just about any where on the ship while sailing unless they directed every one to one side.

Skigod377
            Participant

OMG what fun!!!! Did you run around the deck w/your shoes off yelling, “YO-HO YO-HO A Pirates life for me??” I would not have been able to resist! Oh I wanna goooo!!!

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

skigod377 wrote:

OMG what fun!!!! Did you run around the deck w/your shoes off yelling, “YO-HO YO-HO A Pirates life for me??” I would not have been able to resist! Oh I wanna goooo!!!

I wanted to take my shoes off, but i was not sure of the rules so this time i didn’t………..but i was running every where on that deck, it was a LOT of fun. we really got going pretty fast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.