fbpx

RUSSET DRAGONS ARE UP!!! Aaaand they're gone…..

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone RUSSET DRAGONS ARE UP!!! Aaaand they're gone…..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

Hrm. I was thinking of things like the brown fledgelings, that we’ve seen several batches of.

I’d thought that at least one of those gryphons in white/pearl/albino/whatever was limited edition? Guess not.

Lokie
      Participant

ladybrooklyn wrote:

But man… I think I love the sculpture more than the color (don’t get me wrong… the color is gorgeous!) but given the financial situation… and the proximity to Xmas… I should be good… 😯 I’d rather by a PYO wolf to paint right now… methinks… πŸ˜€

I’m waiting for the PYO wolf too. Although, I got the little dragon because that is what my mother is now getting me for Christmas (she just doesn’t know it yet). Otherwise, I would have passed on it if she didn’t mind me picking out my own Xmas present.

Participant

SPark wrote:

Hrm. I was thinking of things like the brown fledgelings, that we’ve seen several batches of.

I’d thought that at least one of those gryphons in white/pearl/albino/whatever was limited edition? Guess not.

I haven’t really kept up with the dragons, so you’re probably right. The pearl griffin is limited production, not sure about the albino….have to look it up.

Skigod377
          Participant

Only 7!!

Both the pearl and regular albinos were limited production.

ladybrooklyn
            Participant

Oh cool!! I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for those… the chicks are ADORABLE!!!

I came into windstones with the Male Gryphons had already been discontinued. πŸ™ So far I just have the one PYO and the Gryphon Candle Lamp. πŸ˜€ Need to get the Hippogryph one too… ^.^

Oh I’m so glad I found this forum!!! πŸ˜€

7 Dragons left… 😯

Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Only 7!!

Holy Toledo! They haven’t been up for an entire hour yet. Were there 25 to start with? So that would be what…about 1 sold every 4 to 5 minutes. Geeeshh! I’m in the wrong field.

Lokie
                Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

Maybe, but to be honest, I have seen some things sell months ago and they still haven’t done a second batch. I know the pearl griffins came out around July 4th holiday, and they haven’t been seen since, and I totally missed the albino griffins and have yet to see those come back around. I wish we could know for sure what the minimum batch number is for a limited production. It would be easier to budget.

Hmm, I wonder if Windstone even knows. I’m guessing they see how well/fast the first batch sells, and if there is a demand for more? The Gryphon’s were a larger piece and therefore more expensive so there might not be interest from enough collectors at this moment to make another batch. These dragons are small, and less expensive (although, still a lot for there size) so more people might gobble them up and then Windstone might make more seeing the swift buying from collectors.

Skigod377
                  Participant

6….

skigod377 wrote:

confused here – big surprise πŸ˜† these pearl and albino were male griffins, right ? The mother and chicks haven’t been released at all yet (?)

ladybrooklyn
                    Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

Geeeshh! I’m in the wrong field.

I agree!!! GAH!

How does one get a job with Windstone? ~LOL~

Heck… I should move out to CA… Pixar is there… and so is Melody and the factory! πŸ˜†

Skigod377
                      Participant

mikki wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

confused here – big surprise πŸ˜† these pearl and albino were male griffins, right ? The mother and chicks haven’t been released at all yet (?)
                        You are correct. Welcome to the forum.
                        5 left. Ruffian got one!

Participant

Lokie wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

Maybe, but to be honest, I have seen some things sell months ago and they still haven’t done a second batch. I know the pearl griffins came out around July 4th holiday, and they haven’t been seen since, and I totally missed the albino griffins and have yet to see those come back around. I wish we could know for sure what the minimum batch number is for a limited production. It would be easier to budget.

Hmm, I wonder if Windstone even knows. I’m guessing they see how well/fast the first batch sells, and if there is a demand for more? The Gryphon’s were a larger piece and therefore more expensive so there might not be interest from enough collectors at this moment to make another batch. These dragons are small, and less expensive (although, still a lot for there size) so more people might gobble them up and then Windstone might make more seeing the swift buying from collectors.

I agree on both counts. A perfect example was the gold lap dragons (still want one of those), but a second batch was made and they still have some left, at least they did. I do agree for the size of this current dragon the price is steep, but at least those on smaller budgets should be able to afford a limited production (rather than $200+).

woohoo I didnt miss them

thanks ski – actually joined a while ago, just hadn’t been around for a while. Came back at the right time, I guess. I got one of these 8)

SilverArrow wrote:

I do agree for the size of this current dragon the price is steep, but at least those on smaller budgets should be able to afford a limited production (rather than $200+).

Yes, it’s more than I really should be buying right now, but at least for once I’ll have gotten a limited something. I usually miss out.

5 left…

Participant

One hour and 2 minutes since they went on sale and 5 are left. I wonder what the office people think? We really should have a betting pool for stuff like this.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.