fbpx

Rock Dragon Robbers!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Rock Dragon Robbers!

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

alphabet names? I’m not sure I know what that is….but I only bid on things I really want….but I always forget what I’m bidding on…I need to get like cell phone notices for ebay or something

SPark
      Participant

Names like “abcde45” or whatever. Ones that don’t sound like real names. Ones that are, probably, fake accounts so a seller or his friends can drive up the price, that’s what “alphabet” names are.

Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Speaking of E-Bay, I’m extremely annoyed with those Sauhünd of alphabet-named bidders on Windstone pieces. They don’t have clue what sniping is and they just drive up prices. I won a peacock fledgling from tpost – for $52. I put in max bid at the office about 4 hours before the auction ended because I knew I’d be running late tonight and would probably miss the end of the auction. Within the next half hour the stupid alphabet-name drove up the price by $10 and then decided it didn’t want the fledge after all. Gopfertelli huure Siech.
          I know $10 isn’t a whole lot of money and all’s fair in love and E-Bay, but these alphabet-names are starting to multiply and none of them know how to get something if they want it or leave it alone if they don’t.

I thought it was only me seeing those. I guess not. I’ve been watching a lot of auctions, just to see how much they end for and who won (to see if I can find forum members). I’ve been looking at the bid history and have been seeing those come up more and more often. Unless I’ve missed something, they seem to be different and usually have 0-5 feedback.

Skigod377
          Participant

After I left negative feedback for someone a while back, I had a bunch of new ebayers bidding on all my stuff then not paying. I wish it were a bit harder to create an account.

Maria
            Participant

So are these alphabet-names second or third accounts of people who don’t want to be recognized? Isn’t there anything E-Bay can do about them?

Skigod377
              Participant

I dont know. Its not like they can use them too often. After a few negs, no one will allow them to bid on their stuff. I wouldnt, anyway. Thats why lots of sellers have buyer requirements set. It prevents people with zero or excessive negative feedback from bidding on their auctions. I thought about doing that, too, till I realized there are lots of newbie ebayers that are legit and just need a chance. One was on this forum, I think.

Maria
                Participant

I was one! 😀 I still am one with only a score of 3 and 4 feedback. Newbies with readable names need to be given chance! 🙂

Skigod377
                  Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I was one! 😀 I still am one with only a score of 3 and 4 feedback. Newbies with readable names need to be given chance! 🙂

I thought it might have been you, but I wasn’t positive. Were you the one talking about how you tried to bid on something but couldn’t?

Maria
                    Participant

Mmm… Not sure. I did say I wouldn’t bid on anything because shipping would be awful and I didn’t have a credit card… But I ended finding ways to solve both problems.

Skigod377
                      Participant

Where there’s a will there’s a way!

Maria
                        Participant

Hard not to have a will when you’re talking to six dozen other people who do… 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.