fbpx

RIP Papa

Home Forums Miscellany Community RIP Papa

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jinya
    Participant

My Grandfather died at 83yrs old last Friday. We new it was coming, he had dementia and altimers, they had called hospice in a week prior. You never are or can be fully prepared though.
      I got the Koi Test Paint #3 the moment I saw him, but he arrived the day my Papa died. When he got here I took him out to look, but my sad heart just put him back. I couldn’t help but smile at Melody’s cute lil kyrin COA Sketch with an Air Carp too. Though he helped soothe the pain, I want him to go to a home that will love him and appreciate him to the fullest. *Edit* The baby Kirin has a new home now, where I Know he will be Loved. =)

I have many happy memories of my grandfather, and part of this money with go to buying flowers for my grandmother. At the funeral I realized how much flowers of love and comfort help her, so I want to send her a nice bouque.

Rest in Peace Papa, you were loved, and you will be remembered.

Amy
      Participant

I’m really sorry about your Papa, Jinya 🙁

My Grandpa just passed away on July 21st (four days before my 21st birthday) and we had the viewing on my birthday, so the death is still pretty fresh for me too.

I miss him all the time, as I’m sure you’ll miss yours too. What helps me is to remember that this isn’t really goodbye; it’s just ‘until later’. Someday we’ll all be together again in heaven, so I’m just trying to remember the good times until the day we meet again.

I’m sure your Papa is up there waiting for you too. He and my Grandpa are probably playing golf together 😉

Jinya
        Participant

Sorry for your loss Amy, but Papa Doug did love golf. Maybe they are having a good game up there 🙂
          Until next time Papa, have fun .

Scathach
          Participant

Oh, Jinya, I am very sorry for your loss. Whether their passing is sudden or not, the fact that they are no longer physically with us hurts. Your pain is a part of your love for him.

My own grandfather died many years ago, but I think of him often and have a little “reminder” piece that when I look at it I am both sad because he’s no longer physically in my life, but happy for what he shared of his life and his love with me. I would not trade that for anything.

Maybe the baby Ki-Rin is his gift to you? Maybe it arrived when he passed as a symbol of the happiness you had with him?

Again, I am sorry for your loss and am sending my sincere sympathy to you and your family at this difficult time.

<3

Life is beautiful.

Jinya
            Participant

Thank you for your condolences Scathach, they really mean allot!
              As wonderful as the Kirin is, he doesn’t quite fit in my collection like I thought he would. I want to see him go to a more loving home.
              A place to fit and be admired.

I am so sorry for your loss. Time does heal the loss, but the getting there is often times the hardest part.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Awe, Jinya. I’m so sorry to hear this. Just yesterday was 25 years without my father, and as cold as it sounds time does help. If you need me for anything you know you can always send me a PM or a text or a call or whatever ^_^ *hugs*

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jinya
                Participant

Thank you Marge and Drag0n for your kind words. I knew my Windstone family would be there for me. You all have brought a little sunshine into this cloudy time in my life. You are all greatly appreciated. <3

Rachel
                  Participant

I’m sorry to hear this, Jinya. It’s hard to lose a loved one, even if you’re “expecting it.” Be thankful for the happy moments with him that you’ll always remember.

Bodine
                    Participant

Sorry for you beloved loss.May you meet again in the realm of spirits.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Katherine
                      Participant

I am very sorry for your loss. My grandpa died a few years ago from Alzheimers, and it is almost like they experience two deaths…the one where they change metally, and the one where they are lost physically. I can really empathize with your sadness because my mom died in June and my mother in law died in August…they were in their early 50’s. I am so sad every day, and I can’t seem to overcome it. I really hope you don’t experience that, it is agonizing, but if you do I want you to know that it will be okay. I really wish I could do more for you.

Soooo sorry for your loss Jinya. It is always so hard to lose a loved one. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Jinya
                        Participant

Thank you all for your kindness, it has really helped. Last Friday I was feeling particularly sad and had a good long cry. I guess I was trying to be strong for everyone else during the funeral time. I finally broke on my own.
                          Today, even though the weather is rather dreary, I am better.
                          To come to this forum and read the love has been very special and helpful. Thank you all very much!
                          True Peace to you all!

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Jinya so sorry for your loss. My dad passed in April and it;s still hard but getting better. The sadest part will be the grandchildren and great-grandchildren that will grow up without knowing G’mpa Ray. Many hugs

twindragonsmum

tdm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.